over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New testosterone study on blood clots

That's where the amount of resistance you are using comes in. What rep ranges were you doing all week? If you were to use high reps, say around 20, on one day at least that will give the joints a break. It sounds like Emeric is going high rep all of the time and that's really easier on the joints. im having joint problems now myself. My knees are hurting for the first time. Im 50 years old and life seems to have caught up with my joints! One thing about joints, they seem to do better if you exercise them rather than just sit around. Movement helps them, but you cant go too heavy.

I try to stay around 12 reps, usually either to failure or within a rep or two.

That is a good idea. I should give it a try again.

I use to train 2 to 3 hours, than I started to split my training in 2, same body part 2 time day, instead doing 5 to 6 sets per exercise I did 3 sets 2 times day, I was growing much faster.

That is the first I've ever heard of someone doing the same body part twice per day... and your experience was that you grew much faster on the same amount of volume. WOW.

What does your current training schedule look? Each body part 3x per week? How many sets for each body part? And when you are dieting / cutting, do you keep the training the same or change anything.

That is the first I've ever heard of someone doing the same body part twice per day... and your experience was that you grew much faster on the same amount of volume. WOW.

What does your current training schedule look? Each body part 3x per week? How many sets for each body part? And when you are dieting / cutting, do you keep the training the same or change anything.
Yes each body part 3 times per week, also do to the corona virus I train 2 x day, example: today I did the pushing exercises once 6 AM and I will repeat the workout at 6 PM, I did not do the squats in the morning after upper body training but I will do them this evening. I do squats every day, just squats no any other leg exercise.

I try to stay around 12 reps, usually either to failure or within a rep or two.

That is a good idea. I should give it a try again.
Yeah, if you train everything 3x, on the 2nd training day go light for sets of 20 reps and maybe not even quite to failure leaving a rep or two "in the tank".. Then back to what you normally do on the 3rd training day. I assume then its some rest.

When I was competing and I was geting ready for the ,the last 4 weeks I was increasing my cardio, never starved my self, during this period I was increasing my carbs, I eat more carbs during the last 4 weeks than of season. Flavio was doing the same, Flavo was on 300 to 400g carbs per day,he was doing 2 hours cardio par day. Instead starving I worked out more and more cardio. Here a few photo with Flavio

Attachments

• Flavoi and Emeric 001.jpg
    Flavoi and Emeric 001.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 001 (3).jpg
    001 (3).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 27
I am in good mood so I will share some thing probably non of you know or maybe a few would know, did you know that by doing 1 hour cardio (stationary bike my favorite) you liver will produce more FGF 21 ? weight lifting increasing the FGF 21 production also (not much), but cardio it will increase FGF 21 levels 3 times more. FGF 21act as a metabolic regulator that plays a role in controlling glucose homeostasis, insulin sensitivity and ketogenesis. Look in the FGF family in general, they are involved in a variety of biological processes including cell growth, morphogenesis and tissue repair, we have 22 FGF tors. This growth factors are real in charge not hormones , of course hormones are very important also.

I am in good mood so I will share some thing probably non of you know or maybe a few would know, did you know that by doing 1 hour cardio (stationary bike my favorite) you liver will produce more FGF 21 ? weight lifting increasing the FGF 21 production also (not much), but cardio it will increase FGF 21 levels 3 times more. FGF 21act as a metabolic regulator that plays a role in controlling glucose homeostasis, insulin sensitivity and ketogenesis. Look in the FGF family in general, they are involved in a variety of biological processes including cell growth, morphogenesis and tissue repair, we have 22 FGF tors. This growth factors are real in charge not hormones , of course hormones are very important also.

Almost all studies on cardio + a calorie deficit compared to a calorie deficit alone show almost no fat loss benefit to cardio. FGF21 is higher in type II diabetics and those with fatty liver disease. You can also increase it by just eating minimal protein lol.

To act like a cardio induced transient increase in FGF 21 is responsible for anything significant from a bodybuilding standpoint is speculation and extrapolation at best.

Total IGF-1 has a far greater role in body composition, and even transient increases in GH and IGF1 in response to working out are largely negligible as far as effect on body comp.

Abstract
The endocrine-derived hormone fibroblast growth factor (FGF) 19 has recently emerged as a potential target for treating metabolic disease1. Given that skeletal muscle is a key metabolic organ, we explored the role of FGF19 in that tissue. Here we report a novel function of FGF19 in regulating skeletal muscle mass through enlargement of muscle fiber size, and in protecting muscle from atrophy. Treatment with FGF19 causes skeletal muscle hypertrophy in mice, while physiological and pharmacological doses of FGF19 substantially increase the size of human myotubes in vitro. These effects were not elicited by FGF21, a closely related endocrine FGF member. Both in vitro and in vivo, FGF19 stimulates the phosphorylation of the extracellular-signal-regulated protein kinase 1/2 (ERK1/2) and the ribosomal protein S6 kinase (S6K1), an mTOR-dependent master regulator of muscle cell growth. Moreover, mice with a skeletal-muscle-specific genetic deficiency of β-Klotho (KLB), an obligate co-receptor for FGF15/19 (refs. 2,3), were unresponsive to the hypertrophic effect of FGF19. Finally, in mice, FGF19 ameliorates skeletal muscle atrophy induced by glucocorticoid treatment or obesity, as well as sarcopenia. Taken together, these findings provide evidence that the enterokine FGF19 is a novel factor in the regulation of skeletal muscle mass, and that it has therapeutic potential for the treatment of muscle wasting.
Almost all studies on cardio + a calorie deficit compared to a calorie deficit alone show almost no fat loss benefit to cardio. FGF21 is higher in type II diabetics and those with fatty liver disease. You can also increase it by just eating minimal protein lol.

To act like a cardio induced transient increase in FGF 21 is responsible for anything significant from a bodybuilding standpoint is speculation and extrapolation at best.

Total IGF-1 has a far greater role in body composition, and even transient increases in GH and IGF1 in response to working out are largely negligible as far as effect on body comp.
Very active people ( bodybuilders) should never do cardio on calories deficit or low protein diet. The above abstract is from a study conducted on athletes and not people suffering with metabolic syndromes (Type II diabetes). Try it out you will see.

not exactly proof but...
one thing i noticed over the years durring times when im dieting or trying to loose fat, i cut calories way back, too much, i have a different more shitty look, accidentally eating more and doing a bit more work showed me i look better/bigger and still lower bf.

i havent figured it out that well and its a mind fuck. lol
still playing with accidental success.

not exactly proof but...
one thing i noticed over the years durring times when im dieting or trying to loose fat, i cut calories way back, too much, i have a different more shitty look, accidentally eating more and doing a bit more work showed me i look better/bigger and still lower bf.

i havent figured it out that well and its a mind fuck. lol
still playing with accidental success.
Studies can be use as a reference, it can`t be applied to each individual, you need to adjust your self by adding extra food (carbs , protein, fats even water) deepening on the duration of you training, how many times per day, how much cardio, also if job if physical then you need to take that in consideration also.

Oh sorry I thought it was Factor V. I didn't mean to misdiagnose you, lol. I looked back at the ones I was tested for and they were Factor V, HTLV-I/II, and JAK2 V617F. I guess I need to test for Factor 2? Any others?

I tested negative for those but I have one gene variant for hemochromatosis (H63D) according to 23andme. It says I am not likely at risk of getting it but I have to think it could play a role in why I absorb iron so easily. Never had a platelet issue though. It's usually low 200s.

So you did test positive for the H63D gene. (Did the 23andMe test say anything about the HJV variant?) I thought you might after you told me about your health conditions. It's definitely why you absorb iron easily and likely makes you hang on to it more than normal. Though most people don't have hemochromatosis symptoms from one gene in being a carrier, there are 1-3% that do, ranging from simple mild things to the full blown disease. Sounds like you get the iron absorption from it. Other effects can be increases in HCT other than from taking test, and you already know having high HCT can be a factor for clots if you don't control it. From your original post, seems like you're worrying a bit about clotting while being on test. You actually have two factors that can increase HCT like I do. I think the HCT factor and/or changes in cholesterol is what the author of the article you read is writing about. And of course there's an increase in risk of clotting if you don't control your HCT or cholesterol. However, if someone doesn't get an increase in HCT when on TRT or any change in cholesterol, then the risk hasn't really significantly changed.

So you did test positive for the H63D gene. (Did the 23andMe test say anything about the HJV variant?) I thought you might after you told me about your health conditions. It's definitely why you absorb iron easily and likely makes you hang on to it more than normal. Though most people don't have hemochromatosis symptoms from one gene in being a carrier, there are 1-3% that do, ranging from simple mild things to the full blown disease. Sounds like you get the iron absorption from it. Other effects can be increases in HCT other than from taking test, and you already know having high HCT can be a factor for clots if you don't control it. From your original post, seems like you're worrying a bit about clotting while being on test. You actually have two factors that can increase HCT like I do. I think the HCT factor and/or changes in cholesterol is what the author of the article you read is writing about. And of course there's an increase in risk of clotting if you don't control your HCT or cholesterol. However, if someone doesn't get an increase in HCT when on TRT or any change in cholesterol, then the risk hasn't really significantly changed.

Thank you for this explanation and yes, I did look deeper into my 23andme and discovered this. It's pretty frustrating since being heterozygous isn't a risk factor in the general population but it looks like TRT changes that to a degree. We still don't actually know whether TRT increases risk of clots from raising RBC's though (look up Dr. Rouzier on hematocrit if you aren't familiar with him). The problem is maybe having one variant of hemochromatosis might. Regardless, it would be wise for both you and I to play it safe.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws