over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New to PL gear. Dumb questions

mtygorilla

Newbies
I have never used a bench shirt or squat suit and I have only been training for a short period of time. I'm 38 and after a decade away from lifting, I've decided to get back at it. From my early teens to my later twenties, bodybuilding was my passion. Now, the idea of being strong has taken that place. Being somewhat strong in my later twenties, my body is responding very quickly to lifting the iron. I have a long way to go and I know this, but each day I lift, a new PR in some fashion is my goal.
I should be recieving my first squat suit and bench shirt later this week. I ordered low end gear and also things that will fit a little lose until I learn how to use them. Both products are Inzer, my bench shirt is a single ply Rage and my squat suit is a single ply Z-suit. I'm not expecting to get a great deal out of this equipment other than learning how to use them.
I have been training raw, without a belt or wraps. I should also be recieving these by the end of the week also. So here is one of my stupid questions.
Today during my squat workout, I preformed box squats to a 18 inch box. I am 5'11 with longer legs and this left me about 1-2 inches high from my upper thigh being below my knee. I finished up with a single at 600 lbs. By adding the Z-suit (which I know is not super supportive), a belt and wraps, is it possible that with some training in this gear I may be able to lift this with my current level of strength? Would you attempt it, if you were me? My best raw squat attempted is 495x2 ATG, but I am lifting stronger during my workouts now then I was when I last attempted this. As an example, when I hit this number my best squat with 405 was 8 reps. And now I have done 405x12.
On the bench, I have paused 405x1 rep. Do you think the Inzer Rage will (once learned) will help much with this?
My strength is going up every week, sometimes fasted then I could ever expect. I know soon things will slow down to a crawl. I lift 3-4 times a week with my workout focusing on a primary lift and then followed up with a couple assistance exercises. No workout is currently ever the same as the previous. I may do box squats one week, full squats the next and band squats the week after. Every workout is also a different rep sceme. One week I may do higher reps and the next week doubles.
Any advice and or feedback would be great!

If you're currently training alone I would suggest finding a group of people to train with who are familiar with using gear.

There's definitely a bit of a learning curve especially with a bench shirt.

If you're currently training alone I would suggest finding a group of people to train with who are familiar with using gear.

There's definitely a bit of a learning curve especially with a bench shirt.

There is no question you are right. Unfortunately, I do train alone in my garage at 5:00am. Due to my daily schedule and the fact that there are no "powerlifting" type gyms in my area, I am left with little choice. The only places around to train where I live are those larger commerical health clubs, like Planet Fitness and LA Fitness. If I could find a good experienced powerlifter as a training partner that would be of big help.

Even with the loose fitting gear I've ordered, I am not sure my 120lb wife is capable to helping me get into it. :(

As long as its not too tight with the beginner gear you got you'll likely be able to get into it by yourself.

However, please be careful especially with the bench shirt. You can end up getting hurt if you don't know the groove.

first workout in bench shirt

I started my workout with raw lifts today. Here is what I accomplished. I train alone, except sometimes my small wife assist me.

Raw
Bar x 30
135 x 7
185 x 7
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
350 x 5 all touch and go

First time in shirt
225x 3 wouldn't touch
275 x 3 couldn't touch
315 x 3 still unable to touch
365 x 2 touched and pause
405 x 2 pause
440 x 1 long pause

I'm really pleased with my first time using the shirt. I think with some training on my upper end strength, 500 won't be out of the question in a few months.

That is not an easy shirt to learn by yourself. If you are by yourself, look at a maddog slingshot. 75 or so lbs is not out of the question there. Its the step between a shirt and raw.

As long as its not too tight with the beginner gear you got you'll likely be able to get into it by yourself.

However, please be careful especially with the bench shirt. You can end up getting hurt if you don't know the groove.

UM NOeven a beginner shirt should be too hard to put on yourself...otherwhise you may as well go raw...

I started my workout with raw lifts today. Here is what I accomplished. I train alone, except sometimes my small wife assist me.

Raw
Bar x 30
135 x 7
185 x 7
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
350 x 5 all touch and go

First time in shirt
225x 3 wouldn't touch
275 x 3 couldn't touch
315 x 3 still unable to touch
365 x 2 touched and pause
405 x 2 pause
440 x 1 long pause

I'm really pleased with my first time using the shirt. I think with some training on my upper end strength, 500 won't be out of the question in a few months.

when I powerlifted I liked the titan F6...it gave me 100 pounds on top of my raw static press...to get into it I had to warm it up using boards...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws