over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New to TRT...have some questions

xheavyx

Registered
Hi everyone. I just got some bloodwork back and my test was 111...so my doc prescribed me test at 100mg every two weeks. Being that my numbers were so low before, what can I expect from this? Honestly, I'd just be happy to be back up to normal after being so low for so long. Also, it looks like the thing to do would be to go with 50mg a week to avoid the whole roller coaster effect(if I'll even notice at that dose). He wants me to do this for a couple months and then run some other tests to pinpoint why exactly my numbers are so low. I've never run real AAS before, but I did use some prohormones with clomid for pct. Any insight or pointers would be really appreciated. I've learned a lot from you guys since I started reading this forum. Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone. I just got some bloodwork back and my test was 111...so my doc prescribed me test at 100mg every two weeks. Being that my numbers were so low before, what can I expect from this? Honestly, I'd just be happy to be back up to normal after being so low for so long. Also, it looks like the thing to do would be to go with 50mg a week to avoid the whole roller coaster effect(if I'll even notice at that dose). He wants me to do this for a couple months and then run some other tests to pinpoint why exactly my numbers are so low. I've never run real AAS before, but I did use some prohormones with clomid for pct. Any insight or pointers would be really appreciated. I've learned a lot from you guys since I started reading this forum. Thanks in advance!

ive recently been put on HRT. my advice would be to go into it with NO expectations. follow your doctors instructions and do nothing else. keep doing everything diet and training wise that your doing now and let your body do what its going to do. if for some reason you do not trust the doctor, get a second opinion but if you do follow his protocal.

As stated above. I'd say you can definitely expect to feel better at least! Do what he says and see how it goes. 100mg every 2 weeks is conservative, but you gotta let it settle in to see what T level you'll arrive at.

I know an older guy at 120mg every 2 weeks that came back with test at 1100 (range 300-900). He was happy, but the doc knocked his dose down a bit. Others require 200mg per week to reach mid-range. There's no way to tell without blood tests.

By the way, how old are ya, Bro? I'm surprised that your doc didn't try to find and fix the problem BEFORE putting you on TRT. Glad he's helping you though!

100mg every 2 weeks????!?!?!?!? Jeez dude, he may as well hand you a bottle of tribulis and tell you good luck. Now the posters above are correct, get yourself tested and see what it does for you, but 100mg/e2w isn't enough to do much...I'd push him for at least double that. A doc can get you into the 300s and say you're "in range". If you're going to be on TRT, you deserve to be at the high end of the normal range...increased libido, mood, muscularity, etc...I wouldn't settle for that brother.

In my humble opinion I think you should follow your docs protocol and monitor yourself very closely. I would look at upswings in mood and recovery ability as the first signs of the TRT working. Blood tests will show if the level is high enough, but I do think you will wind up on a higher dose eventually.
That is what I discovered when I was first placed on TRT.
Some docs do like to go the conservative approach as a start.
Good luck!

It's very important to monitor timing of bloodwork with your shots. I know several people who get prescribed 200 mgs every 2 weeks, but the doc draws blood the day after injection. Bloodwork comes back in the 1300's and the docs decide to back down on the dose. I have been monitoring blood work and keeping records of where I fall after shots. I can tell you that even at 200 mgs week after 13 days I was down near 300 and after 6 days I was around 800 or so. The day after I was 1350 and doc wanted to drop me down. It has been alot of work on my end explaining this to my doc and finally getting him to work with me on finding the right dose for the best benefits vs risk.

I am sure there will be differences in how each individual 's body uses test and how much impact it will have on health. Either way it is a good idea to get a doc who understands hrt , it's benefits and how to monitor sides. Some peoples hematocrit go high on less then 200 mgs week while others use many times that for years and always seem to have perfect cbc's, lipids, bp etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll definately follow what he says and see where we wind up. The doc thinks something else is up so he wants to run more tests when I can get back to him. I'm in college and he's a doc that I see when I'm back home. Ehren, I'm only 26 so he was really surprised my levels were so bad. I was too...:confused:

I'm on 100mg Test Cyp every two weeks. It's not much, but it's better than nothing. Let him monitor you for 6 months at that dose and see where it takes you.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear