over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New to TRT

Bigwimp

Registered
Hi all,

New to TRT and have some questions that hopefully you all can answer.

Will be long winded so bear with me please.

First off a little bit about myself. I am 35 years old 6' 6" and 283.2 pounds (I'm not too fat but I'm not skinny either, just big.) I have never used anything illegal in my body, I occasionally will have a few drinks with the wife once or twice a month.
I was always athletic and very strong for never having to go into a weight room. I have had back surgery for a couple lower discs. That was about 6 years ago. I started noticing a lot of changes these last 3 or 4 years. I would get upset very easily at little things, starting to forget things, feeling weak, my bones would feel like they would break, absolutely no motivation to do much at all, started to get a little more fat in the belly and chest areas. I have also had gynecomastia since I was an early teen.

I originally went to the doctor because it looked my gynecomastia was looking worse. I know a little more fat from being older doesn't help though so I asked him to check my estrogen levels. I have always been self conscious about my boobs I rarely take my shirt off. I would fake injuries in high school to not have to be on "skins" team even though I was very muscular and had abs without flexing.

My doctor called me and said my estrogen was fine but my testosterone was low. I thought that was odd due to my size but here were some of the numbers he gave me.
Test was 272.7ng/dl range 332-896
Estradiol 32pg/ml range 0-56
Cholesterol was bad at 230

He put me on Lipitor and gave me a gel Fortesta to up my testosterone. I have been taking it for a little over 3 weeks now at 2 pumps per day dosage 10mg per pump.

FINALLY to my questions !!

Is it too soon to be able to feel any different? The first 2 or 3 days I felt a little tingling in my nutsack and my breasts, and a few times since. I don't feel any different at all from before. The doctor said to come back in 8 weeks and retest. Was I just hoping for too much and it will take a year or more to feel any difference?

Sorry for the long post and any other suggestions about TRT you all can help me with is appreciated.

Thanks

I should add that I did start going to the gym at the beginning of this year 3 days a week with a friend of mine.

My diet I am sure is not all that great and lunch and dinner change all the time but I can give you some of what I eat.

BRKFST- I always have 1 cup of oatmeal 3 hard boiled eggs and a banana

Lunch- can be any or multiple of these: Chicken breasts and rice, homemade turkey&roastbeef sandwiches, subway footlong club, arby's roastbeef sandwich or Mcd's double hamburger.

Dinner- so many different things: steak, chicken, turkey, salmon, halibut, burgers, mashed potatoes, hamburger helper, chicken nuggets, pizza, spagetti.

I eat a lot of carrots and spoonfuls of peanut butter a day. I drink water, chocolate milk, and orange juice mainly and a few times a week micro root beers.

I know its not very specific but about quantities and times and my pro/carb/fat ratios. I can easily change my own personal intake of any food as I do most of the cooking in the house. We all eat the same thing at dinner, I will not make anyone of us something separate if we don't particularly like whats for dinner that night.

give it 2 3 more weeks and you will start feeling better

you would get hornier too...

your dosage is just to bring you to a natural level, it won't do you good bodybuilding wise.... I don't think you really care about bodybuilding anyways by just looking at some of the things you eat

I suggest a trip to the endocrinologist instead of your gp. If you can deal with it, go on shots instead of the pump. I found out my levels where low pretty much the same way you did I.e. no motivation depressed, etc. estrogen levels will need to be checked as well as other panels your endo will recommend most likely every 3 months. Also i would advise thinking about changing your eating habits. Good luck bro

On Fortesta for the last 8 months. I thought it was fantastic for about 3 months and then it leveled off. I got my bloods back and my T level was only 350. Free T was only 6. Felt crappy, like I was back to square one. I assume my body is adapting and not absorbing as well. I am going with 4 pumps as opposed to 2 now while I wait for IM Test to come in. The only way to gauge it is through blood work and how you feel. It would take me forever to recover from strenuous work or a work out before TRT. It is a process and it takes time to get it dialed in. Almost forgot, my doctor said it would take about 1 month before you get the true value from the protocol.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the replys.

You are correct as I do not want to be a bodybuilder back down to single digit bodyfat. I know I can easily get my bodyfat to 12 to 15% with even some minor changes to my diet. I have done it before is why I know I can do it. I will change it up again this week to get back down to a lower bf% but not so strict that I make my family too mad :) .

I do hope to get a bit hornier, as it is now I don't even feel like rubbing one out as much since I started taking the gel. I have only ever been to my GP and at that I don't usually see him unless I had something wrong with me. I am older now so I guess I should prob start getting a check up at least once per year.

I am not afraid of needles so if the doctor will let me I would go to shots. I have noticed from reading a lot of other posts that people have had better luck with those. I will ask him about shots in 3 to 4 weeks after I get blood tests done again.

Thanks again and hopefully I can continue with some better updates in the weeks to come.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws