over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Newbies review of DC training

shawnkarbabacz

Registered
Well ive been at it for just over two months now, and i gotta say, to all the people that think its a 'fat guys' workout or they dont like it because there arent 'enough sets' (which is ironic because its actually more then people think), ill like to say TRY IT!

Im on the verge of tears after each set...and thats BEFORE the stretching!

To be totally honest, the first three workouts i was thinking what i imagine alot do at first which is 'this isnt enough'. About halfway through the second week though (im doin the two day split), when i finally started to understand it more, my intensity took off, as did my weights. It took me quite a while to actually start thinking of the RP set as ONE set, instead of 3. I would hit failure, get up for my 15 breaths, then get back to it as if it was just a short rest between sets. That thinking cost me intensity. My mind was actually wandering in the 20ish seconds or so between. Once i realized the thinking i SHOULD have, i was adding 2-3 reps on the second and third 'set' of the workout. All through the breathing im focusing on the next lift, instead of thinking of it as a break. To me it really helps.

So far, ive beat my logbook about 80% of the time. Theres been a couple that i just couldnt squeeze out that extra rep. The fact that i am VERY aware of my negatives though, so as to ensure accuracy for the next week, has added alot to my workouts as well.

Some of the stretches IMO are more terrifying then the last heavy set of squats. Quads and bis come to mind. IT IS BRUTAL! However, and i dont know if this is wishful thinking or fact, but i swear im noticing a different look, especially in my quads.

Side points-

The calf workout (which takes about 3-4 minutes or so) is ironically the most brutal of all the workouts.

Its annoying when somebody runs over to the smith machine to 'spot you' when you start to struggle, but then is screaming for 'two more!' when hes planning on yanking most the weight off of you. Since you dont go beyond failure, this is pointless and although i appreciate the thought, its quite annoying.

I havent done any widowmakers yet, but im very interested in trying them. (they dont discuss them on the dvd which i thought was kinda weird) Im far from an 'advanced level' though, so it will probably be a while before i dive into those.

In conclusion to this long and boring post id just like to say that IMHO, for guys like me whos main goal is to just throw on slabs of muscle however possible in the shortest amount of time, this system is fantastic. Im not to the point where i need to worry about the little things that need to change to get to that next level. Im just trying to lay the mass groundwork, and i believe this system will deliver. Ive got a long road ahead before i can give a really experienced assessment of it, but ive got a good feeling ima be growing pretty good during that road :)

I havent done any widowmakers yet, but im very interested in trying them. (they dont discuss them on the dvd which i thought was kinda weird) Im far from an 'advanced level' though, so it will probably be a while before i dive into those.

The widowmakers for weak points are done for guys on the 3 way split and it comes at a compromise.

You have to give up a little bit of frequency(about 10-15% over the long term) to have "room" to accommodate that weak point work. Guys like Dusty when he started with Dante are already at an advanced stage and get to work pretty promptly on the 3 way after a few blasts on the 2 way. The VAST majority though spend a good deal of time(years) on the 2 way since the whole body is a weak point. For guys that need numbers Dante has mentioned what he considers advanced and ready to go over to the 3 way long term is having 3.2 lbs/inch at a fairly lean offseason level. Justin Harris mentioned that he had already won his state show before he was switched over from the 2 way if I remember correctly.

Having said all that lol... the term widowmaker is also used to describe the higher rep set done for quads which everyone does after the 1-2 heavier sets.

The widowmakers for weak points are done for guys on the 3 way split and it comes at a compromise.

You have to give up a little bit of frequency(about 10-15% over the long term) to have "room" to accommodate that weak point work. Guys like Dusty when he started with Dante are already at an advanced stage and get to work pretty promptly on the 3 way after a few blasts on the 2 way. The VAST majority though spend a good deal of time(years) on the 2 way since the whole body is a weak point. For guys that need numbers Dante has mentioned what he considers advanced and ready to go over to the 3 way long term is having 3.2 lbs/inch at a fairly lean offseason level. Justin Harris mentioned that he had already won his state show before he was switched over from the 2 way if I remember correctly.

Having said all that lol... the term widowmaker is also used to describe the higher rep set done for quads which everyone does after the 1-2 heavier sets.

he was training 3 days a week and won a state show? :eek: this is so new to me

he was training 3 days a week and won a state show? :eek: this is so new to me

This is the post I was remembering

I was doing the 2 way split until 2005, at which point I was the overall Mr. Michigan, and about 260lbs in the offseason.
I would still do it, but I don't have the time in each session. I have 1 hour max to train, and with the warm ups to build up to the weights we use now, I can't get the 2 way done in under an hour.

I started the 2 way in either very late 2001, or early 2002. So, I did that for 3-4 years, after I had already been training 6-7 years.

A little diet trick I took from phil was eating foods that seem to digest the fastest. for me personally chicken, white fish, eggs, green non leafy veggies, all seem to fill me up to the brink of puking but shortly after im hungry again. Well at least not full so i could eat again. increasing the frequency of meals allows you to overload on protien, and total calories. dont just wolf down a ton of ground beef because some other guys do. Think about what you eat, and how you react to that food shorty after eating. How full were you? how soon after you ate were you hungry? what ratio of carbs to protien to fat seems to fill you up but doesnt keep you full? the trick with DC all the way round is overload. overload on nutrients, and overload your muscles capacity with weight. the 2 together will make you big, all while using some tricks to keep bodyfat in check.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131