over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Newcomer to the boards

Egomaniac247

Newbies
Just wanted to introduce myself, been looking around for a new home since the board I've been a part of for probably 2-3 years now has strayed away from training talk and is pretty much just a chat room now.

Anyways, a little about myself, I'm 24 (25 in march) years old, started out on the internet at The Rock's board years and years ago. Been around the net a time or two.

Right now I'm 5'9, about 210-215 and somewhere around 15% looking to jump down under 10% here soon. Have been as low as 7% but I also weighed about 185lbs then lol. I have been juice-free for about a year now...probably don't have any intentions on going back to it since I don't really plan on competing again, just want to look respectable.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and that I have many many questions for you all and I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible and chatting about training!

Welcome to the board. Fire away with your questions.

PB

Well I guess the first thing I'll do is post my diet & routine schedule and tell you my goals and let you guys critique it...or hell blast away at it lol, I can take it.

Current: 212lbs, 15% body fat

Goal: 190-200, less than 10% body fat

Training Schedule:

Monday: (5am cardio) - 6pm - Squats (heavy weight) & peripheral leg movements

Tuesday (5am cardio) - 6pm - off

Wednesday (no cardio) - Deadlifts & peripheral back movements

Thursday: (5am cardio) - off

Friday: (5am cardio) - 6pm Squats (lighter weight, high reps) & peripheral leg movements.

Saturday: Off completely

Sunday: Chest day followed by cardio (swimming)

So in short, I lift 4x's out of the week, cardio 5x's out of the week. I have not been doing an "arm day" since I think my arms are "ahead of schedule" and get decent enough workouts in my other lifts throughout the week. Right now I'm trying to concentrate on my lacking areas (width in the back and quads).

Feel free to move anything around, add an arm day, drop something, etc, etc, etc.

DIET is by far my biggest nemesis...I fell into the whole "CKD" fad a couple years ago and I swear it f'ed me up worse than anything I've ever done in lifting b/c it got me in the whole mindset of "carbs = bad!" Thus, now I have a hard time getting ENOUGH carbs in my diet. Here's what I currently have going on:

7am: 40 grams carbs from oatmeal, 40 grams protein eggs

10am: 2 cans of tuna fish for 60 grams protein

noon: 2 chicken breast sandwiches on wheat bread - condiment mustard (50-60 grams protein, 40 grams carbs)

3pm - Shake (42 g protein, 25 carbs)

---From here to about post workout is where i have problems-

5pm: Can of tuna or something to satisfy hunger before the gym

6-7pm gym time

7:30-8pm - Steak & green beans

9-10 - Shake

My problems are around the time I go lift at 6pm.....not sure whether to eat my dinner meal before lifting or after b/c I don't wanna feel heavy and bogged down before I go to the gym but at the same time I"m not getting back til almost 8pm which is kinda late to be taking in any post workout carbs.

HELP!

Remember, I ain't trying to get down to 3-6% body fat, just in the single digits.

Welcome to the board. You will come to love this board. lots of great guys. The only thing it lacks is dumb people to flame.
You can just call me "hype" or "guy with the pimp avatars" either one will work just fine.

Looks good to me.

You may want to consider taking 50g of either dextrose or malodextrin (or a combo of both) post workout - your body will utilize this at this time.

xcel

Xcel, my issues are with carbohydrates....if you count up that diet, it only comes out to like 125-150 carbs. I have talked to people who say thats too low and I should be getting atleast 200-250 grams a day. What do you think?

Like I said, I think my biggest "problem" is from 5pm to 8pm....I go to the gym at 6pm and don't get back til about 7:30ish....which I feel is too late to really have any carbs. But if I eat my carbs PRE-WORKOUT, is that gonna be counteractive? See I know nothing about this sorta thing.

So should it look like

5pm: apox 30-40g protein, 0 carbs?

6-7:30 GYM

7:30- 8 Steak/green beans

Most people tell me I really need to take in a protein shake post-workout b/c the whey will absorb quickly. So should I move my "dinner" meal (steak/green beans) to PRE-WORKOUT and follow my workout with a shake? I don't like eating a heavier meal before workouts, I feel fat and bloated.

I think you you are on the right trackmy friend.Remember carbs are non essential. It the timing of when you use them that is most crucial.Take Excels advice......the man knows his stuff.You will spare some muscle if you do.Make sure to supp EFAs , and keep your protien at about 1.25 grams per pound and fat at 20% , use carbs with propper timing to fill in the rest.Bodyweight times 12 - 500 is a good start , then just use the numbers that I gave you above and you will be happy ......shouldn't even need much cardio if you take my advice. May be 30 min, 5-6 days a week tops ....Good luck ....when in doubt listen to Excell..... he is a .very well researched man ....

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131