over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Newer technology equipment

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I joined a new gym and they have alot of this...

https://www.google.com/search?q=hoi...oECAIQAg&biw=412&bih=733#imgrc=ENNVC8W8olEjNM

Machines where your body elevates when you push or pull. It feels kinda unnatural. Does it account for your bodyweight in the lift? Seems complicated to track progress for people who cut and want to make sure you maintain strength.

Anyone like this new style equipment or prefer old school hammer machines and cables?

It seems like in general more bodybuilder are using machines.

Not sure if this is good/bad for hypertrophy and prevention of injury and imbalances.

Hoist seems to be pretty popular these days. If I remember right they move To create some accommodating resistance

Account for bodyweight? Quit overcomplicating this stuff. You track progress by recording what weight on the stack you used and how many reps you did, just like any other machine.

Hoist machines are very common in new 24 Hour Fitness gyms and some Gold's. I like the curl, dip, and pulldowns. I think the leg extension sucks, bad ROM for me - but I have long legs. Overall, Hoist are machines like any other machine. They're not significantly better or worse for anything.

Again, don't overcomplicate this. Your muscle only knows how hard it works - not the weight lifted, not if it used a barbell / dumbbell / Hammer Strength / selectorized machine.

Account for bodyweight? Quit overcomplicating this stuff. You track progress by recording what weight on the stack you used and how many reps you did, just like any other machine.

Hoist machines are very common in new 24 Hour Fitness gyms and some Gold's. I like the curl, dip, and pulldowns. I think the leg extension sucks, bad ROM for me - but I have long legs. Overall, Hoist are machines like any other machine. They're not significantly better or worse for anything.

Again, don't overcomplicate this. Your muscle only knows how hard it works - not the weight lifted, not if it used a barbell / dumbbell / Hammer Strength / selectorized machine.
Yes, the leg extension is absolutely horrible! Im glad its not just me.

Some Hoist might be good one of the gyms I go to has (all Plate Stack) Hoist Lat Pull Down, Two Arm Row, Shoulder Press, Leg Press that’s all I’ve used. The lat pulldown was good till the third time I used it I was already using the whole stack and it feels like somebody is spotting you. I need to try all the others. It’s definitely a different feel. If they had the plate load not the stack I could use more weight. It’s hit or miss with this brand.

Being an old fart I HATE all the new style equipment with the rounded tubular steel. I am still privy to the right angled 2x3,2x3, 3x3, etc pieces.

I have a old blue and black chain/cam drive Nautilus leg extension with the huge ankle pad. The piece is probably 45 years old. Absolutely NO weird tongue on the knees. Smooth as butter. With all the advancements in technology and engineering, it's amazing they CANT build a better leg extension 45 Years later. All the new ones suck. Same goes for most other equipment.

Being an old fart I HATE all the new style equipment with the rounded tubular steel. I am still privy to the right angled 2x3,2x3, 3x3, etc pieces.

I have a old blue and black chain/cam drive Nautilus leg extension with the huge ankle pad. The piece is probably 45 years old. Absolutely NO weird tongue on the knees. Smooth as butter. With all the advancements in technology and engineering, it's amazing they CANT build a better leg extension 45 Years later. All the new ones suck. Same goes for most other equipment.
I agree 100% on that leg extension and some of the other Nautilus too. The pull over machine and leg curl are also good.

This.
Its a machine. It works like a machine. Lift heavy on this machine.

I don’t like any of that crap. I mean people can say what they want but I just stick to the same ol basic free weights with exception to lay pull down etc.

Always felt like it made the movement easier and could never feel the muscle properly. Really wish more gyms would just invest in plate loaded hammer strengths.

just recently joined a new gym with an old school hack squat and was amazed how heavy even one plate was

Hoist 'rock-it' crap is like 10 years old, it was trendy for a while but it sucks, they have a few pieces which are ok but I'm not impressed by them at all. They seem to be dying out already.

did Bodymaster go out of business? that was the shit back in the day.

You can obviously still use them to good effect, but the Hoist Roc is more or less designed with older people/physical therapy in mind

In the thread:

massively strong and jacked bodybuilders complain that commercial gyms are bringing in soft equipment to cater to the 95% of gym goers who just want to “tone” lol.

Not criticizing, I hate hoist lol. Just keep in mind that dudes like us aren’t the clientele who keep big box commercial gyms in business, so it makes sense that they’ll fill the floor with this crap rather than old school quality machines.

Just something for you to track strength & also your workouts… I found the app Fitbod abt 2 years ago. Dunno when it came out. Simply got it because I was tired of writing my weights and workouts down to track progress. I wanted an app to do it. Well Fitbod does this and even designs workouts for you. And if you don’t like their workout you can change it up to whatever you’d like! Now I don’t have to think or design workouts anymore. I love the app! I got to try it for free for maybe 5 workouts and loved it. It’s nice to be able to check back a year ago and see your weights used, workouts, cals burned, etc.

Cage

I don't care for Hoist. Really don't feel the muscle working hard. Feels easy like i am just playing around.

Some Hoist might be good one of the gyms I go to has (all Plate Stack) Hoist Lat Pull Down, Two Arm Row, Shoulder Press, Leg Press that’s all I’ve used. The lat pulldown was good till the third time I used it I was already using the whole stack and it feels like somebody is spotting you. I need to try all the others. It’s definitely a different feel. If they had the plate load not the stack I could use more weight. It’s hit or miss with this brand.
I always liked that Seated Row machine. The rotating handles were a very nice feature and i felt i could get a great squeeze on it. Lat Pull was ok.

I did give some of the equipment a try today, I can say the bicep machine with the seat and the cables was top notch. The vertical pulldown is good, not a fan of the horizontal row machine at all.

Here’s a point of view on gym equipment.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws