over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NEWEST IFBB PRO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: No disprspect

PHIL HERNON said:
But my old partner Brandon Jensen won the Emerald cup 3 years ago, is 280 and lean right now, and he has to win nationals or USA to turn pro. Michael is only 198, I dont care how much he weighs weeks after the show, we all gain 50 pounds after the show. Brandon doesnt have a "Team Brandon", Brad Hollibaugh doesnt have a "Team Brad", and these guys make Michael look VERY SMALL. Is this fair? I dont understand the need for a "Team". I can see if this was Lebron James, then yes, maybe after getting 90 million, he might need a "Team".
I talked to Stephen Hartle today, he writes for FLex magazine in Germany. We train together in the mornings. He told me that you have to win your countries nationals to turn pro. Michael has dont that and that is great, take nothing away from him. He has a great physique, I really like his shape and muscle. My problem is, dont say that Manion or Demilia saw him and handed him a pro card because of the way he looks. If you are going to enter the Emerald cup, then why not try our Nationals or USA? Why do the Emerald cup at all if you are already a pro/could have been a pro way earlier? Can I win the USA then go do the MR. Belgrade, Yugoslavia show? The MR. Gallway, Ireland? Whats the point?

good point Phil--

why the hell then even do a ashow like the Emerald if you have done what is necessary to qualify you as an IFBB pro??
why take someone elses spot/glory??
maybe yeah, if you really want to test if you belong amongst the pros and try your hand at the Nationals or USAs--good luck, a lot harder than winning Czech championship--not to say that that is not an accomplishment....
Haidar won how many Lebanese championships before going to the pro circuit???
The Pro qualifiers of the US are a true test--OK, ya won the Emerald's---dare you test your mettle at the US Pro qualifiers??
thought not....

i totally agree with phil and instynct999. again no disrespect for winning the emarld cup but to me its like turning pro by doing that weak show in canada(the north american championships). once in a blue moon somone comes out of that show that can hold there own in the IFBB but for the most part those guys dont look like much. the most recent winner of this show (mike platz) wouldnt place in some of these B.S. "natural" shows here in the U.S. for the simple fact that ive seen guys at these shows that blow him away and thats not talking about the top N.P.C competitors you meet at nationals or usa's. if someone is happy just getting the the IFBB fine.....just dont walk around trying to convince anyone that you have "it" because you aint beat the best as far as many are concerned.

to be the best you have to beat the best and the best does not reside in the obscure parts of the world. they come to the U.S. where they know the meat just shines a bit better, is just that much more vascular, muscular , freakier, and down right dirty. ill put any one of these "champs" from any country who turned pro by winning their country's championship against a man name BRANCH WARREN. he's not mr. olympia but he is a pro who has the tools that would cause someone to rethink what they consider IFBB material.

I think the guys in other countries try and win their National Championships to get over here to the US where the knowledge is better, the food is better, and the access to a good workout enviornment is avaliable...whenI spoke with Gunter, he has a home over here so he can come over 12 weeks out from the olympia and train like amad man.

He looks damn good & proportioned. He should add some more size though and he will look like the bomb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner