over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Next GSP fight Shields or Fitch?

Gsp has cleaned out the ww division to the point where the ufc has to recycle challengers. While I don't think shields deserves to fight for the belt based on his performance against kampmann, I can see why the ufc would give him the shot

Neither of those guys have a chance. Gsp Dominated Fitch not to long ago.
Id rather see him Fight Shields then Fitch.

I think his next fight is going to be Shields. Kampmann had the fight won until he decided to go to the ground in the 3rd. Sheilds has a good chin, Hendo rocked but coulndt put him away. Shields has some of the worst stand up in MMA. If Gsp keeps it standing it'll be worse than the Kos fight. On the ground Shields has a better chance, but his takedowns are god awful slow.

Last edited:
I think Fitch deserves a shot over Shields but I can understand why the UFC wants to put a new face against GSP. They've been over hyping Shields since he arrived in the UFC. In my opinion, Shields isn't in the same league as GSP and the fight should be completely one sided. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing BJ stay at welterweight and make another run at the title. The funny thing is, the UFC welterweight division is stacked with incredible fighters. Aside from title fights, the division has some incredible match ups to give the fans. I think it's time for GSP vs Anderson Silva....I know Dana White is currently trying to work that out!

I think it's time for GSP vs Anderson Silva....I know Dana White is currently trying to work that out!

I couldn't agree more - and I think it'll happen but hopefully sooner than later!

GSP has it made for the next few years it looks like.
As Long as he keeps defending the title and winning, He will Only Fights In main Events and thats probably once,Maybe twice at most per year.
If Fitch and Shields are the best contenders in his class I cant see him losing anytime soon.

I heard them ask GSP about Silva in the past.
he didnt sound to excited about moving up or giving up any weight advantage.
For it to happen Silva would have to move down, GSP not going to move up.
Why would he...he is the king of his division...Fighting once a year and making FAT paychecks.

GSP has it made for the next few years it looks like.
As Long as he keeps defending the title and winning, He will Only Fights In main Events and thats probably once,Maybe twice at most per year.
If Fitch and Shields are the best contenders in his class I cant see him losing anytime soon.

I heard them ask GSP about Silva in the past.
he didnt sound to excited about moving up or giving up any weight advantage.
For it to happen Silva would have to move down, GSP not going to move up.
Why would he...he is the king of his division...Fighting once a year and making FAT paychecks.

This is from a 5th Round article regarding the St Pierre - Koscheck post fight press conference;

During Saturday’s post-fight press conference, St-Pierre said if he does decide to add 15-pounds to his chiseled frame, it would be for good. If the French-Canadian’s serious about making a permanent move, White would be prepared to arrange a title bout right off the bat.

“I don’t know. I’d really have to sit down – if Georges said he was going to go to ‘85 and stay there, then it would be for the title. It would be a superfight for the 185-pound title,” White said in closing.

The article is here:
Georges St-Pierre vs. Anderson Silva Superfight Chatter Getting Louder | 5thRound.com – UFC News, Strikeforce and MMA News, UFC 125 Play-by-Play Results

I really don't mean to get off topic in this thread but one of the big questions is where does Josh Koshcheck go from here? As long as GSP remains champ, there won't be any reason for those two to fight again. Does Koscheck go to another weight class or does he stay put for the time being and just keep improving?

he goes right back to where thiago alves went, and dan hardy went and where jon fitch went. midcard gatekeeper.

I really don't mean to get off topic in this thread but one of the big questions is where does Josh Koshcheck go from here? As long as GSP remains champ, there won't be any reason for those two to fight again. Does Koscheck go to another weight class or does he stay put for the time being and just keep improving?

he's basically stuck until gsp loses. i don't see him moving up or down a weight class

There's always Strikeforce.

He's already calling out Tito, so there's that. :rolleyes:

Thank you I said that in another post but I don't like starting drama over anything but I couldn't agree more

I think his next fight is going to be Shields. Kampmann had the fight won until he decided to go to the ground in the 3rd. Sheilds has a good chin, Hendo rocked but coulndt put him away. Shields has some of the worst stand up in MMA. If Gsp keeps it standing it'll be worse than the Kos fight. On the ground Shields has a better chance, but his takedowns are god awful slow.

Im not sure but i think Fitch is fighting BJ Penn next. I think Shields should get his fight vs GSP. Then after GSP wins in a boring 5 round fight we need to see him and Silva fight. That would be a great fight. With both of those in there at the same time it cna't be boring.

Im not sure but i think Fitch is fighting BJ Penn next. I think Shields should get his fight vs GSP. Then after GSP wins in a boring 5 round fight we need to see him and Silva fight. That would be a great fight. With both of those in there at the same time it cna't be boring.

Both are students of Freddie Roach. Don't know if that would make a difference. Just sayin'...

GSP will be fighting Shields next, and Fitch will be fighting BJ.

I think GSP will dominate Shield with ease.

I think Fitch will win too, but I really think it will depend on what BJ shows up that night....will it be the aggressive in shape BJ? or the lackluster dazed BJ?

The thing with FItch, is that he sometimes puts himself in positions where he can get submitted. He just usually can get out of these situations better than most fighters. That said, his conditioning and grinding style can wear fighters out. I think the stand-up will be a toss-up, both can hold their own.

The question is whether Fitch can take down BJ. I think he can, but up until this point, the only three fighters to be able to do that have been GSP, Hughes in his prime, and Edgar in their last fight. Once he gets him down, will he do damage? Or, will he just grind it out with lackluster punches, and possibly make a mistake and get submitted?

The Fitch/Penn fight will be an awesome fight in my opinion because it brings up questionable outcomes.

Probably the winner of these fights will face-off afterwards, unless GSP decides to go up a division for Anderson.

The other thing is that Fitch royally pissed-off Dana by refusing to fight his teammates. This doesn't bode well in the UFC. You decide to opt out of fighting a teammate, then you may be passing your chances of fighting for a title for a long time while others are put in your place. I think this definately had an impact of the UFC putting Shields ahead of Fitch. IMO, Fitch would have been fighting this past weekend in the place of Koscheck, had he not puissed Dana off. IMO:)

BMJ

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity