advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Next project for Home Gym-a Hammer Incline press. Good choice?

bigman

Newbies
I finished building my Hammer Strength front military press machine to use in my home gym. I did a great job on it (yeah I'm bragging) and wouldn't hesitate putting it head to head with the "real" thing (I will post pics as soon as I can borrow a camera). Now I'm thinking about what my next project can be-I'm leaning towards a Hammer incline press. When I train chest I like to do the "bread and butter" exercises first-incline BB press and flat DB flyes. Since my chest is practically fried, wouldn't a machine be the way to go because all I have to concentrate on is pushing. Plus I can shake things up once and a while and use the machine first. I spent around $325 building the military press, so I asume an incline press would be in the same price range. Anyone like using Hammer equipment to finish off chest? Anyone think it's the stupidest idea ever?

POWERTEC

I just bought a POWERTEC Leverage chest press a few weeks ago and I absolutley love the thing!

Bigman!!

Man I will fucking pay you to make equipment for me.hahahhaa As for the Chest press I like the H.S Flat, Upper and lower. They all should be easy for you but, if you must pick one do the Upper.

RY

Re: POWERTEC

A50# said:
I just bought a POWERTEC Leverage chest press a few weeks ago and I absolutley love the thing!

in my home gym, i would have ...
1)power rack
2) barbells and olympic plates
3) olympic adjustable db's
4) cables
5) chin/dip station and weight belt to ad weight to
6) powertec multi-station machine ( the one u can do everything on)
7) any and all old nautilus equipment that people like viator and mentzer trained on

I checked out the Powertec chest press and it doesn't really do anything for me. With the pricetag of $499 US, it's gonna cost double what I'd pay for materials if I made the Hammer press myself. I agree 100% with you BigHeinz, Hammer machines kick ass (except legs). Never had the chance to try Med-X equipment. I remember on my post about the Hammer military press Ry, you complained about not being able to change a light bulb and here I was making equipment. Like I said, it's about the only good thing I got out of 12-13 years working like a slave on my uncle's farm. You like the Hammer flat bench press? You're talking about the one where you lie on your back like a "real" bench press. I've only "fooled around" tried it, but it didn't seem right to me. Hey, to each his own. I have everything you listed Mr Magoo. Dad and I made a power cage. I made sure the lowest the safety bars would go would give me about 1.5 inches of clearance so that when I did deadlifts , it would still be off the floor, but I wouldn't have to fight with the plates when I put them on or off. I have 510lbs of Oly weights (I have to get 2 more 45's) and around 500lbs of 1 inch plates. I can make DB's from 25lbs to 180lbs. I have a lat pulldown. Dad made me dip bars for Christmas last year. They are not too far apart or too close together. I have a home made chin bar on my cage. I lucked out and got a Nautilus pullover for an excellent price (believe it or not I would sell it if I could-I just don't use it much anymore). I also made an exact copy of a Flex T-bar row. That is a sweet piece. Also, Dad and I made a Hammer shrug machine. Big Kiwi planted that idea. I think machine shrugs are 100x better than DB or BB. When and IF I make a Hammer incline press I'll post a pic. Thanks guys.

POWERTEC

The POWERTEC Chest Leverage press only cost me $250 out the door w/ tax included @ Factory Fitness Warehouse here locally. I've had some of my best Chest workouts EVER with that peice of equipment.

BTW

The POWERTEC Leverage Chest Press, Inclines, Declines, Flat Bench, and also has an attachment for doing shrugs.

A50#

That's cool--I got sick of the gym and bought a Powertec Workbench leverage series, an olympic weight set, adjustable dumbbells and various accesories. I love being able to lift at home. Not being a "hard-core lifter" anymore, it's great for me and I can still push big poundages on the Powertec if I get the urge.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131