over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NFL combine 225lb bench challenge!!!!

HUTCH

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I have been watching the combine on NFL Network and it is a strong year for defensive backs... A guy from Arkansas repped 225 for 27 reps at an official bodyweight of 185 lbs!!!!! I thought that was pretty amazing...SOOOOO....Lets have a little challenge ourselves and see what we can do...On your next chest day see how many reps you can get with 225 lbs on flat bench and post it on this thread with your weight...Make a Video of it if possible....Lets keep it real and give your REAL reps, its just in good fun...

LOL. I've been working on this since the LAST combine! Last year I did 19. Almost a month ago I did 23 at 220lbs. I would get laughed at for weeks if I took a video camera into the gym by my shithead training buds but I'll see what I can do. Even last march when I entered the over 500 club (501), I could only do 17 or 18 reps with 225. No idea what's up with that. Many, many guys maxing less can do more reps than I can.

[edit]That Tom Platz video where he does 23 deep squats with 500??? I'd be puking my guts out.

I tried it after watching the combine too, lol. Must be a macho thing. Anyway, I suck at bench, my arms are too long so I sucked ass and only got 17 reps at 230lbs. Damn I am pathetic, oh well no bragging rights here.

Years back when I owned my gyms my record was 65 reps in the bench with 225 lbs..I have done in the 50's 3x this past year.My record on seated military presses was 57 reps with 225lbs...I have been in the 50 rep range more times then I can count.I did the 57 reps in the seated military during a seminar I gave in Salem,Oregon at a World's Gym.
I used do a lot of those type of things when I owned my gyms and had many powerlifters and bodybuilders as members which provided some great motivation.Phil Hernon was around as a trainer and training at my gyms during some of those time periods.Those were some great times and really missed.
My best to everyone,
Brad

Hit 50 full reps back in 2002 or 3, not the half reps they do in all the 225 contests I have seen. Never really trained for it but it was fun to do from time to time. My best high rep workout I did 365 for 19 full reps, could have hit one or two more but I was so stunned I did 19 I just stoped.

225 Reps

I am 46 5'9 229lbs and still get between 42 -45 reps about every other month. Still maxing between 475 to 495 every week. ( single rep )

wedge

I got 20 reps last bench day but they were half reps meaning i touch my chest lightly, dont bounce but also dont quite lockout. Im still young and have a ton of growing to do though. o and my weight is 215

I did 20 reps in H.S. with 225 weighing only about 180 and I can tell you that I can bench now more max wieght than I did in H.S. and can't get 20 reps with 225 any longer and I wiegh more myself.

one of the guys from here at a bodyweight of 245 can do 245 60 times. he has won the competition at the arnold a couple years in a row. bud fetty.

wow. you guys are some strong dudes! that's impressive. 30, 40, 50 reps??? jeeeezzzz....

I am gonna make a stone cold prediction on my attempt...17 reps...No thats not a typo, I think i will only get 17...Bench is a weakness of mine...we'll see on Monday...:D

5'8" 185 40 yrs old... just did 225 for 17 reps a few weeks back and thought I was doing OK...apparently that ain't shit! But I'll keep tryin'. :)

HUTCH said:
I am gonna make a stone cold prediction on my attempt...17 reps...No thats not a typo, I think i will only get 17...Bench is a weakness of mine...we'll see on Monday...:D
You'll have to call your daughter out of child care to pick the bar up of of your chest as your legs are being kicked around and your back in a full back bridge arch after the bar drops on the first rep.

HUTCH said:
Shut up and hit that shit HARD bitch! If I'd be there, I'd slap you in the face before your set. HAHA... Seriously man. Can't wait to hear what you do. If I remember, you're a pretty jacked dude.

GET 'EM UP!!!!

I weigh 205 at 5'10 and got 225 for 21 reps. My max is only around 350. It's been higher (395) but I can do more reps with 225 now.:confused:

Weighing 228, my personal best at bench is 380. With 225 pounds on the bar, the most I've ever been able to push is 21 reps. By the looks on things on this thread, I suck.

Fools

Kingofools said:
Weighing 228, my personal best at bench is 380. With 225 pounds on the bar, the most I've ever been able to push is 21 reps. By the looks on things on this thread, I suck.

Fools
No way man... that's awesome. Do you know what percentage of the male population can even bench 225 for 10? And 50??? Maybe a dozen or two dozen guys in the country can do that.

Last edited:
Damn we got some strong guys on this board!!!!!! But how many of you could pass the WonderLick Test...HAHHAHHA:p

I tried it in 2005 about 8 weeks out from a competition and did it 26 times and I weighed around 215....I think the stars aligned and the universe reaveled itself for me on that day cause it felt really light and I usually get my ass handed to me on bench....lol

Not sure how many times I can do it now I haven't tried but I feel like I wouldn't be able to get that many.....I haven't flat benched since that year and my body has slowly been breaking down on me since then....lol..

OK I'll be the puss of the bunch 5'6 198lbs the best at flat bench was 225 x 12 clean reps no bounce no lock out but It must have been the way the moons were alined or something but hey I'm trying to be a big boy:eek:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws