advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NFL football player training schedule, particuarly their sprinting?

speed

Registered
its hard to find much on their training as ive read anything from training 2x a day to 3 days a week, i dont think they can sprint much more than 3 x a week, but wondering if they maybe cut to only once a week, im sure this differs a bit in the offseason, it almost seems to be kinda secretive as their were way of training in detail, anyone know much

I think they all pretty much find what works for them and stick to that , LaRon Landry trains at the same gym I do when he comes home , I'll see if I can get in touch with him and ask what he does.

Whatever it is it works , that dude is fucking quick !!

its hard to find much on their training as ive read anything from training 2x a day to 3 days a week, i dont think they can sprint much more than 3 x a week, but wondering if they maybe cut to only once a week, im sure this differs a bit in the offseason, it almost seems to be kinda secretive as their were way of training in detail, anyone know much
I trained for 5-6 years with numerous pros in the off-season and guys going through combine prep. Trained 4-5 days a week hard in sprinting/conditioning/agility type workouts. Usually split AM/PM with "weights" - not as much weight lifting as you'd think.. these guys are usually trying to maintain size/strength and train very functionally w/ bungees, plyometrics, etc.

In-season is completely different. Usually conditioning and light basic weight lifting to help with soreness and attempt to maintain.

I think they all pretty much find what works for them and stick to that , LaRon Landry trains at the same gym I do when he comes home , I'll see if I can get in touch with him and ask what he does.

Whatever it is it works , that dude is fucking quick !!

Hope that you get some quality info I would be very interested as well.

Which skill position? The position (and strength coach) determines how much straight line sprinting is done... A receiver will usually do more than a lineman. But football isn't a one directional sport so usually route runs, agilities, plyos, etc. will take the place of sprinting.

UG Athlete is on point. Absolute strength work does not play nearly as big of a part in football as people think. Yes it's important, but it doesn't take a whole lot of work to maintain or even gain in absolute strength, especially when other facets of strength are thrown in...

ya i had read that they all just did their own workouts, but they do have their team footballl training,

ya a lineman and reciever would sprint diff, how bout a linebacker or saftey?

you would think with mutlimillion dollar sport athletes they must have access with all the latest new diet and training techniques, i want in on that

Linebackers are mid and long range...

The safety position will fall more long range (sprint wise).

But when I mention sprint work, I mean all that encompass top end speed...

To be honest, a lot of the training info has been out there for years... Trainers have placed a lot more emphasis on other forms of strength since the turn of the century. Its not so much the training techniques are new as it is the periodization and arrangement to which it is applied...

i am in off season right now, beginning of spring we did sprints or stadiums every day mon-thurs but the last month or so only 2 days per week and lifting everyday mon-thurs basically to maintain. its been cut down a lot due to more position specific drills and running through plays.

most pro athletes including olympic sprinters only train full speed sprints a few days a week. sprinting every day is not beneficial for recovery purposes.

2 summers ago i trained with a conditioning coach from an NFL team for 10 days...
day 1- we ran 50-40 yard dashes timed... 15-30 seconds of rest between each one and we did medicene ball drills... we stood on the 20 yardline and had to make 15 balls thru the upright... that was intense..

day 2- light lunges light clan n jerk and light snatch...

days3-8- we did all Olympic lifts in the AM and ran and did alot of parachute in the PM along with 1 hour on the VERTIIMAX. that added 5 inches on my vertical.

day 9- we lifted very heavy in the AM... all Olympic lifts.. and PM we did 2 hours of water training in a 3 foot pool with resistant bands on ankles.

day 10- we maxed on snatch, hang clean, and front squat in the PM...

He said all the skill positions do 75% speed training and change of direction, 10% flexibility, 15% strength...

hope that helps bro... PM me for any other questions

It works until almost every #1 receiver in the league burns him over the top. That guy is killing my team

ya he is great on run support but landry does get burned deep... he has great hip flexibility but i dont thiiunk his ball skills and judgement is the best... or he is over aggressive and th QB's in the league take adantage of it

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws