advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NFL player bulks up on "unlimited cafeteria pizza"...riiiiiigghhhttt.

Big Vin

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
San Diego Chargers offensive lineman Nick Hardwick retired from the NFL after the 2014 season.

After being sidelined with a neck injury in the first game of the year, Hardwick lost 85 pounds throughout the season and was barely recognizable when announced his retirement at a press conference in February.

Emily Kaplan of theMMQB.com recently caught up with Hardwick — whose life now includes yoga classes, kale salads, and lemon water — and the two discussed what he had to eat to become big enough to play in the NFL.

Hardwick's weight gain started after high school where he did not play football, but was a 6-foot-4, 171-pound wrestler.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nfl-player-had-eat-insane-205427297.html

Suuurrreee..it was the food only. ;);)

I absolutely believe this. I went from 216 as an incoming freshman and graduated over 300 completely from diet and training. Not that uncommon for college online to gain 60 lbs+ in college. Keep in mind this isn't lean weight.

Saw this article earlier today, definitely a strange way to keep weight on. If I had my choice of maintaining 300 pounds I wouldn't be pounding shakes all day. I would be at the local buffets. Enjoying the hell out of some solid food! He does have a busy lifestyle so it probably fit when he was playing. Cici's buffet and Chinese food buffet all day! All NFL players are natty bruh, except the kickers and punters!

118 pounds gained. Starting at 177...sounds fishy to me.

118 pounds gained. Starting at 177...sounds fishy to me.

for a 6'4 tall guy?
i know a dude who was a state wrestling champ here in ohio who was 195 in high school, 6''5. he's over 300 now. maybe 18 percent bodyfat. natty. he's just a naturally strong guy who lifts and eats and drinks a shit-ton of beer. these players aint no 10 percent, first, and there's alot who shrink down after playing cuz they dont eat 5,6 k calories a day.

you guys haven't got a clue!!!! lol

this IS How this works!

big schools are much more interested in height an agility for oline rather then shear size right out of hs.

if a gu has height and can move and is strong you can put weight on him and fatten him up.

at 6'2" and 298 I was too small for D1 schools, in terms of cookie cutter appearance and stats. they want 6'4"+ for o line even if the guy is on the skinny side.

then its just about eating.

back then we didn't know nearly what we know about diet and shit today, o line and even d line used to eat like pigs, like filthy animal pigs, everyone had all you can eat meal plans for school stuff, then alcohol, and whatever else... lol

after I stopped playing I actually shrunk a bit and got fatter, I was a fucking blob at 285-290 drinking every day and eating like shit.

got tired of it and lost more then 100lbs in 6 months, ALL BEFORE ever touching aas or knowing how to eat diet and train.

in his fat pics he didn't look juiced up.

I have encountered many beastly strong men that have never used gear...

Maybe they looked at him for another position and he transitioned? 6'4" and 177 ...I wouldn't even think of him for any line. Putting on 118 pounds in 4 years is a lot of eating. :D:D

for real, im sorry you think that.

it is normal and common.

I have seen coaches much more interested in guys like that then a guy who is already 320 in hs.

wear and tear etc, plus you can not teach reaction timing and agility, a 177 wrestler can MOVE, most 300+ lb hs line man can not.

you don't understand the speed at that level either, you have guys that are over 300lbs and cat like with reaction speed, and quickness and even endurance, shit at 300lbs I could run below a 6 minute mile on hills, we had a 3.5 mile course we would run and our goal time was under 18 mins, for that fucks!

as much as aas are important later in sports for real there are plenty of natty oline and d line guys out there especially at the college level.

You're the guy that played, so I trust what you are saying. If a guy like this comes out of HS at 177...how long does it take for him to put on enough weight to play on a D1 line?

I believe it. I played D2 ball. I was recruited as a fullback being 5'10 207lbs. By my junior season I was 243lbs. Natty weight. (Now my senior season I was 238lbs and on Test/EQ and 2-3% BF Leaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they looked at him for another position and he transitioned? 6'4" and 177 ...I wouldn't even think of him for any line. Putting on 118 pounds in 4 years is a lot of eating. :D:D

its an individual thing.

don't forget no matter what when we are talking about athletes at this level you are generally dealing with some sort of elite or at least better than average genetics.

I have seen guys I know have never touched juice look crazy and lift insane weights, with like zero effort, compared to people here...

so some guy like we are talking about here could in theory gain like 30lbs between his recruiting visit and when he comes into practice, I think that is pretty reasonable.

freshman year, another 30lbs I would think pretty easy, don't forget lots of fat is going on but activity and training are also sky high.

you have morning workouts, practice or more training in afternoon, some time in the weight room etc, in school football is a full time job especially with films and shit.

I have lost the majority of 100lbs in basically 4 months on more then 1 occasion and have gained very substantial amounts over the course of a year, with and without drugs. I think it is hard to say what is truly possible.

I played D1 too, but a long time ago when there were no 300 pounders, or at least you could count them on one hand.

We had a kid come in as a skinny freshman on scholarship to play QB.
He left as a center.......and I'm not kidding.

But for some it was more than food. I know of a few that used to eat these little blue things like Pez.....:rolleyes:

LK3 is right. I played D1 ball many years ago. I wasn't a linemen but most of my friends were. I know 2 guys who played at around 330 who both weigh less than 200 now. It's funny being the biggest one of the group now. Lol.

The recruiting thing is right too. Kids are brought in for raw talent and potential then they're molded into whatever the coaches can turn them into. My best friend was a tall skinny tight end in high school and ended up being drafted as a left tackle.

Out of all the guys I mentioned, I was the only one using anything.

A college just picked a kid up from our area that's 6'9" and 225. They want to convert him to tackle. He played tight end/defensive end in HS and was a center on the basketball team.

I'm with LK3 here. It's about goddamn time you idiots realize that you can gain weight and lift heavy without juice. I went from 161 to 217 in a mere 9 months when I was 19.

I was stronger when I was natural than I ever got on gear. Probably because I waited until I was in my mid 30's to try it.

Last edited:
Also these D1 guys are genetic freaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we had a 3.5 mile course we would run and our goal time was under 18 mins

did anyone weighing 300lbs ever achieve this??

i find it literally impossible to believe that someone 300lbs could run 3.5 miles in under 18 mins.

You're the guy that played, so I trust what you are saying. If a guy like this comes out of HS at 177...how long does it take for him to put on enough weight to play on a D1 line?

Speaking for myself.

I was 216 entering fall camp running a 4.89
Soph I was 253
Jun I was 275
Sen I was 293
5th year I was 308 and I ran a 4.95

Our average incoming lineman was under 250. Our average starter was about 290. Lk3 is right about everything he said. I didn't even see aas use until arena ball.

did anyone weighing 300lbs ever achieve this??

i find it literally impossible to believe that someone 300lbs could run 3.5 miles in under 18 mins.

the one guy that usually didn't make his time was like 340 and less then 6 feet. lol! he had to be taken off the field in an ambulance more then one time, we called him fat Mario... lol

most of the starters when i was there, were right in the 280-310 range, keep in mind i only played d2, was top 5 in the country d2 but stil d2... we had a lot of guys that got kicked out of d1 or could not get in due to grades or jail before school. lol

the year i was recruited there oline was enormous two guys over 330, 6'6" shit like that, i do not know there times, plenty of other guys beet me and all in that range.

i was 298 and doing it. lol

we had a fair amount of guys using gear, we also had guys on the team who were 37 years old... lol not a normal group.

Also agree with LK3. For endomorphs and people who carry a copy of the obesity gene, it's certainly possible for skinny guys to get up to 300lbs. I mean sure, I bet a good amount have used AAS in some form during their career but it's not a requirement.

I want to see the heavy guys that ran 3.5 miles in 18 minutes. Considering the fastest mile is just under 4 minutes, this time is near impossible for a 300lb person. You are talking about averaging about a 5 minute mile.

I agree with what you are saying LK3 about the rest of the stuff, I just think you may be mis-remembering :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131