over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NFL players/GH

In your opinion, what % of NFL players do u think use GH since there isnt a standard test for it yet?

I think alot of ppl would be suprised but im thinking close to 40%..

I read an article where a former player from Tampa Bay made a comment that roughly 75% of players use HGH. Who really knows, but I can guarantee most players are using something.

Not sure how true this is, but a back-up running back in the NFL that I know told me they usually know about drug tests a few days in advance. I honestly have never asked him if he uses.....he has said there are alot of guys using HGH, but again, I did not ask and really don't want to know.

gotta disagree. i wanna see the best athletes, not the guys who are willing to take the most gear and screw their health or can tolerate gear the best. sports have been drug free forever i dont see a reason to change it,,,,if the NFL were to just allow guys to shoot up roids and gH it would probably lose popularity it is a huge money maker as is i dont see why change it. eventhough there are ways for guys like harrison and cushing and all the guys that use (id guess 80%) to get around it, atleast the nfl makes an attempt to catch the ones who do.

Cushing was caught with HCG, not HGH. However, it is obvious he has used different compounds and I am sure HGH is in the mix. Most cheaters are usually a step ahead of the testing committess. For ex, Marion Jones....

ESPN article

Let them keep using, it will extend players careers.....Recovery is a huge issue and HGH works wonders...

Players have questions about HGH testEmailPrintCommentsAssociated Press
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The NFL's goal to be the first major professional sports league to implement testing for human growth hormone appears a long way from coming to fruition.

NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith said Thursday that players have serious questions about the safety and reliability of the test. He said the World Anti-Doping Agency has not turned over the information the players' association has requested and will not agree to the test until that time.

"The one thing that we don't know is what that population test looks like," Smith told The Associated Press after addressing students during a sports law symposium at Santa Clara University. "Who was included in that study? What were the ratio levels?

"Were they tested, or was that population tested in conditions or similar situations that would mirror professional football athletes? I don't know. And that's information that they (WADA) refuse to turn over."

HGH is naturally occurring in the body. The isoform test first used by WADA since 2004 -- and which became more widespread in 2008 -- is designed to detect synthetic HGH by measuring the ratio naturally occurring in the body against a population test.

WADA handles drug testing for the Olympics and is largely accepted as the gold standard for worldwide drug testing. Smith said he is concerned that it does not take into account the different types of bodies and conditioning routines of football players.

"We made a number of requests for WADA, specifically about the scientific justifications for the test that they provide," Smith said. He would not elaborate on the other requests or set a timetable for the union's plans.

Blood testing for HGH was part of the collective bargaining deal struck between the league and players this summer -- but only if the union agreed to the methods. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell sent a letter to Smith last week reiterating the league's eagerness to implement HGH testing.

The NFL also notified teams that no HGH testing will be conducted before the season begins because the players' association could not agree to the terms. The league has long disputed the union's claims that the test is not valid.

During an appearance in Green Bay before the Packers and Saints opened the regular season, Goodell said testing still could be implemented this season if the players agree to the terms.

"I think it's important for player health and safety that they're not using HGH," Goodell said. "I also think it's important for the integrity of the game. So we're going to continue to pursue it aggressively. We're ready to go. The players have some more questions, which they are pursuing, but we're waiting to hear from them."

Some players have expressed concerned with blood testing before games or immediately afterward, not wanting to feel faint or weak. Others are simply skeptical about the technology behind the process.

Denver Broncos safety Brian Dawkins, a member of the NFLPA executive committee, believes players will approve HGH testing eventually -- maybe even this year -- once everything has been reviewed.

"We have never shied away from the fact that (HGH) needs to be tested," Dawkins said. "But it's just doing it the right way and going about it in not such an invasive way as far as some of the things that were considered here recently."

Cleveland Browns Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown was among the former players who participated in a panel about steroids at Santa Clara. Brown is all for testing athletes, but he also believes talent wins out over any drugs.

"If I look at football players today, I could not tell you who is taking steroids by looking at their bodies," said Brown, now 75. "But I can tell you who can play the game."

Members of Congress also have urged the NFL and the players to come to an agreement on HGH testing.

In a letter to the league and the players' association Thursday, Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., encouraged both to resolve their differences so that testing can begin sometime this season.

"While blood testing for HGH involves a relatively new technique, there are virtually no questions about the scientific credibility of this testing methodology," Waxman wrote. "The test is approved and used by the World Anti-Doping Agency, has been used for Olympic testing, and earlier this month was used in the United States to identify a professional athlete using the drug."

That athlete was minor league baseball player Mike Jacobs.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws