over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NFL starts HGH testing Mon

gulfcoast

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
5 players from 8 teams every week. Be interesting to see how this works.

Suspensions incoming :eek:

I'd like those odds if I was a player. No test on game day. They will catch a few guys. 40 players a week lol. What a joke!

Thank god, this is a long time coming.

Pretty sad that The UFC started HGH testing before The NFL. The UFC has only been around for twenty years, how long has the NFL been around? If they actually catch everyone that is using HGH then they wont have anyone to play the game. Does anyone wonder why they're only testing 40 guys each week? Yeah....

reason

Whyvall of a sudden now wheres the pressure coming from ufc now.the nfl

Does anyone know what level of testing they will be using or how accurate the testing is? Like what elevated level are they looking for?

In the past i know they couldnt really test for it because HGH leaves your system so quickly. Did they come up with some kind of better test? Or will there just be a threshold for how high their IGF-1 levels can be and thats what will determine a positive test?

HGH testing, lol... Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

But will they just test 5 bench warmers?

Injuries will now last months and months and the average age of NFL players will drop by another 2 years lol

Does anyone know what level of testing they will be using or how accurate the testing is? Like what elevated level are they looking for?

In the past i know they couldnt really test for it because HGH leaves your system so quickly. Did they come up with some kind of better test? Or will there just be a threshold for how high their IGF-1 levels can be and thats what will determine a positive test?

Info I read said NFLPU only agreed to testing if language allowed for appeal of positive test through 3rd party arbitrator. I'm sure first few positive tests will be argued over the validity and accuracy of testing method(s).

Chris Carter's take on it was interesting, saying that this was a bad thing because since it's a blood test now they're going to know EVERYTHING that's in these guys bodies and he expects there to be a lot more suspensions for other things because of it. I guess he figures if the nfl has a blood sample why limit the testing of it to just gh when they can find out if there's other stuff in these players' bodies.

Chris Carter's take on it was interesting, saying that this was a bad thing because since it's a blood test now they're going to know EVERYTHING that's in these guys bodies and he expects there to be a lot more suspensions for other things because of it. I guess he figures if the nfl has a blood sample why limit the testing of it to just gh when they can find out if there's other stuff in these players' bodies.

Dam I missed that Carter segment. That would really suck

Info I read said NFLPU only agreed to testing if language allowed for appeal of positive test through 3rd party arbitrator. I'm sure first few positive tests will be argued over the validity and accuracy of testing method(s).

Yeah i know the testing was always difficult to do. I dont know how they can test for something that is technically out of your system in a few hours. Unless thats why the players agreed to it, because they know it will be difficult to catch them... And im sure the NFL would love to test just to do it, even if they know its not going to be easy to catch people. They would just do it to look good, like they care or something.

Unless some new testing has come out i dont see it being any other way besides testing guys IGF 1 levels, and just having a certain limit.

Turkishexpress you are 100% right. The NFL is so brutal i dont know how the guys survive. This will kill their recovery times as i assume a lot of guys use it.

Who gives a fuck if they do steroids or GH? The US government has everyone believing these drugs are in the same class as heroine.
A guy gets busted with roods in his house for personal use, and he becomes the scum of the Earth! How pathetic….

Who gives a fuck if they do steroids or GH? The US government has everyone believing these drugs are in the same class as heroine.
A guy gets busted with roods in his house for personal use, and he becomes the scum of the Earth! How pathetic….

The average American who is clueless and uneducated on the subject...that's who cares.

I AGREE WITH YOU!!!!

Guess what test they are using? Its the isoform test, the same one WADA uses.

Okano M, Nishitani Y, Sato M, Ikekita A, Kageyama S. Influence of intravenous administration of growth hormone releasing peptide-2 (GHRP-2) on detection of growth hormone doping: growth hormone isoform profiles in Japanese male subjects. Drug Test Anal. 2010 Nov-Dec;2(11-12):548-56.

Abstract

Administration of exogenous 22 kDa recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH) suppresses the non-22 kDa pituitary growth hormone (GH) secretion by negative feedback; then, the elevated 22 kDa GH to non-22 kDa GH ratio (Rec/Pit ratio) can be utilized to detect doping with rhGH (isoform differential immunoassay). The influence of intravenous administration of growth hormone releasing peptide GHRP-2 on the isoform differential immunoassay for detecting rhGH doping has been investigated.In this study, a reference population (n=100) was used, with 0.04 mg/kg rhGH subcutaneous administration (n=5), 100 μg of GHRP-2 intravenous administration (n=10) and 0.04 mg/kg rhGH combined with 100 μg of GHRP-2 (n=10) in Japanese male subjects. The results indicated that the low dose (0.04 mg/kg) of rhGH led to significantly increased Rec/Pit ratio compared with the Japanese reference limit (P < 0.001). Because GHRP-2 dose led to increases in concentrations of both recombinant GH (recGH) and pituitary GH (pit GH), no significant change in the Rec/Pit ratio was observed (P > 0.05). In a combined administration study, after GHRP-2 dose the Rec/Pit ratios decreased to 39.9-43.9% compared with the elevated ratio caused by the rhGH dose.The results indicated that GHRP-2 administration cannot only be detected by the isoform differential immunoassay but also masks rhGH doping.The analysis of GHRP-2 was found to be suitable for compensating for the disadvantages of the isoform differential immunoassay because GHRP-2 and its metabolite (AA-3) in urine could be detected during the periods of masking of the Rec/Pit ratio by means of liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry.

Last edited:
Can you explain a little bit what the Isoform test is? Is it a joke or hard to beat? I read that whole abstract and i didnt really understand it.

If its the same as the Olympics then its probably not a joke and they are gonna nail some guys.

I agree with all you guys, i could care less if they take it. They need it more than anyone... Except maybe a pro body builder, they might need it more.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear