over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Niacin / HDL Question

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For those who take niacin to help raise their HDL levels, how long did it take to start seeing improvements?

personally 2-3 weeks but i also add 6 grams of vitamin D, fish oils, policosanol and other various lipid compounds to the mix

my hdl went from 7 to 33 in 3 months..i was mega dosing it though which was probably why after the 3 months my liver values were elevated..oh and ldl went from over 200 to 77 i believe i cant remember off the top of my head..this was along with 10-12 grams of fish oil every day too

Niacin is supposed to only raise HDL 10-15% maximum.

I took Niacin my whole prep , granted I was on several compound including moderatly dosed anavar for 8 weeks , along with 12-18g fish oil a day and my HDL is still way low and liver values are raised.

Getting liver back in check first then gonna get back on niacin , only gonna use Niaspan so I know exactly what I'm getting , along with red Yeast rice extract which is said to do a good job on keeping cholosterol in check

About 2 months, Shelby. I've seen reports where the biggest improvement was with doses around 2 grams. I personally saw a big change once I got up to 1500 mg.

I am on dr. prescribed niaspan....1000mg per day. Started seeing real results in 3 months.

I've used a similar set-up to what DC stated above, and it worked well.....considering that you are not on any orals or certain AI's like letro/arimidex. Aromasin seems to be fine, and nolvadex can actually help many users.

Policosanol, i've went back and forth with, not sure how effective it really is, but it is fairly cheap, and I pick it up time to time.

I'll also throw in Red Yeast Rice every now and then too.

Oh, and fiber.

....that didn't really answer your question though. I don't get mine done enough to really see changes. I've seen it when it was lowered, and also normal/high....but that was in-between a long span.

BMJ

Well what is the best Policosanol and Red Yeast Rice on the market right now? What should you look for on the label? I know that some supplement companies have taken out some of the active ingredients in products such as Red Yeast Rice, so I have been told.

Well what is the best Policosanol and Red Yeast Rice on the market right now? What should you look for on the label? I know that some supplement companies have taken out some of the active ingredients in products such as Red Yeast Rice, so I have been told.

Hey PJ, i'm not sure who would be the best....BUT, i'm fairly sure that TrueProtein has it, and I use a lot fo their products. If they have it, then it should be good to go...imo. I know there was some issues to the type of Policosanol involved and used in studies compared to what was being manufactured....but that was a few years ago, and I haven't keeped up on it. I can't help much there:(

Good luck!

BMJ

i had a "independant" drawing clinic in my area draw mine a few weeks ago.. had test levels done ect.. but also hdl ect.. i use 1000mgs of niacin at bedtime.. plus 6 grams of fish oil, 6000ius of d3.. my hdl was 41.. not gonna bitch considering it could be much worse..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity