over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Niacin raising HDL - No real benefit?

I just read that in the wall street journal. It appears cholesterol remains a mystery.

It's a huge shock to the medical community.

Merck has a similar drug in a clinical trial that has 8 times as many patients. 24k vs 3k. Maybe that will show a benefit to raising HDL. But I'm guessing even in the best case scenario, raising HDL isn't going to be a home run against cardio vascular disease.

Well, with that happy news I'm off to McDonalds. Super size me baby. And let's pump up the Test MG too.

it dident do shit for mine

Red Yeast rice , Co-Q10 , omega-3 caps and cardio did though.

Along with eating better foods , like grass fed beef and free range eggs

for every study that shows nothing there is one that shows benefits.. i can tell ya that thousands upon thousands have raised their hdl with niacin.. look at the medical community boards.. it raised mine with my shitty diet..

for every study that shows nothing there is one that shows benefits.. i can tell ya that thousands upon thousands have raised their hdl with niacin.. look at the medical community boards.. it raised mine with my shitty diet..

I don't think the study is disputing the fact it raises HDL, but it seems to suggest raising HDL has no positive correlation preventing cardiovascular events.

I remember reading some time back that inflammation/irritation had some contributing factors. You can get that tested, but I would have to read it again to recall the name of the test.

I remember reading some time back that inflammation/irritation had some contributing factors. You can get that tested, but I would have to read it again to recall the name of the test.

The test is CRP (C-reactive protein).

warandpeace.. my bad.. i did not read the study completely.. but i will say that i will keep taking niacin and keep my hdl in line.. safety measures.. as i am sure some study will refute that one in the next couple of years lol..

My own real world experience:

One year ago, 60% blockage in one of my arteries. I was put on 500mg Niacin each night. Today, blockage down to 30%.

One year ago, 60% blockage in one of my arteries. I was put on 500mg Niacin each night. Today, blockage down to 30%.

And this blockage reduction was due to Niacin? I'm sincerely happy you are healing, but I very respectfully question that Niacin is what has lowered your blockage.
But Im the first one to admit my many limitations. Peace.

I just had them increase my Niaspan dose to 1gram a day. Looking to boost my HDL more. I will just shrug off this study. Taking the niacin isnt going to harm me, so at worst im blowing cash on a useless med.

I've been taking 2000mg niacin pre-workout for 13 years now. My HDL goes down on cycles but it doesn't tank as bad as it would if I didn't take it. Contrary to what some people believe, I don't think its hard on the liver. I get regular bloodwork and never had any liver issues.

You would have to take much more then 2000 mg of Niacin for it to effect your liver. It's when people start taking 6,000mg or more is when real problems might occur.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear