over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nick Walker's new Training Style?

Weight moved builds muscle but going past a certain load won’t provide more muscle just injury’s ask any big guy strong how many injuries they got now we all have injuries not from shit form but the stress of the load on the joints year in year out

but I’ve posted my thoughts and example if you can bench 3 plates doing 4-5 incline doesn’t build a bigger pec muscle look at Ian weak pecs but big bench

you then get better with that 3 plate bench and increase work load reps or sets and week in week out it’s enough weight to continue tearing down muscle as the load is heavy enough and getting stronger serves zero benefit as a bodybuilder

just watch Dennis wolf train
Exactly! I can bench over 4 and squat over 6 with relative ease in a competition phase...I try doing that shit with bodybuilding style constant tension...I will wreck myself!

I am barely 210lbs right now also...so, compare my weights lifted at 198class and compare...heavy weights growing muscles really comes with a disclaimer

I think powerlifting has its place to get you up to a certain level of strength before you switch over to a more bodybuilding style of routine

You won't get up to the heavy weights you need very fast by doing bbing training only.

But if you do more powerlifting training for a while to get your strength up, then when you switch to bbing you will be moving enough weight to build truly big muscles

I'm not following Nick, it's surprising the amount of threads that have been opened about him in the last 2 months, I don't know what is special about that boy compared to so many others, but ...

But, this discussion on how to train (heavy weight vs high volume, pump and light) goes on every week and seems like it will never end, when it's pretty simple.

If you are young and healthy, you should try to lift heavy loads, high intensity, not too much volume ... so when you build size, you have years or decades of heavy work behind you and you have reached a certain status (national level, pro card, Olympia stage , whichever is for each), then, you can move on to other less aggressive, longevity and maintenance focused training approaches. I guess it's the same with gear.

Yes, you can see freaks like Dillet, Flex, Rhoden, Phil ... who don't seem like they ever trained basic and heavy, but the consensus is that they are rare cases even among the genetic elite of Olympia competitors. If you don't have those genes, and you should know it, it is not a good idea to follow their training methods.

Finally, Nick or any other bodybuilder should have an annual macro cycle where they will go between different training methods, so watching a video and assuming that this style is responsible for their success in physical terms is naive and ignorant at best.
I think Nick and other bodybuilders are doing just fine without your advice.
Nick is special and people are interested in him because he trains hard, is strong as fuck, is massive, and is a very likeable guy who looks insane. I love to know how guys train. In case you haven’t noticed this is a bodybuilding board. Sorry we’re not taking about Ronnie Coleman in high heels. If you’ve got it all figured out let’s see the physique.

just pick one......they are all the same

:cool:

I was like could it be.... Is it really him. And, then you finished off w the glasses smirk emoji... That's Tenny for sure.

Where you been man? Hope you are well

I was like could it be.... Is it really him. And, then you finished off w the glasses smirk emoji... That's Tenny for sure.

Where you been man? Hope you are well
im here brother.....pm for anything.....hope you are doing well

:)

MODS.....why does w8lifterty NOT HAVE KILO CLUB MEMEBER STATUS??????

you think he deservers it???.......or no

If you don’t have alien genetics....there is a path that will almost always work

be smart, get retard fucking strong in lifts that fit your structure, in the 8+ rep range. Even 15+ range for legs.

I have never met a small set of legs that could take 375lbs for 20 reps on a highbar back squat, or RDL 405 for a clean 8-10 reps.

I think Nick and other bodybuilders are doing just fine without your advice.
Nick is special and people are interested in him because he trains hard, is strong as fuck, is massive, and is a very likeable guy who looks insane. I love to know how guys train. In case you haven’t noticed this is a bodybuilding board. Sorry we’re not taking about Ronnie Coleman in high heels. If you’ve got it all figured out let’s see the physique.

You get everything wrong, I have nothing against Nick or his training style. He is a freak but with little chance of being a top 6 in some great show. There are dozens more bodybuilders on IG sharing their shit, so it's surprising that so many people, especially non-rookies ones like those on this board, have dedicated so many threads to him in the last few months.

I find him interesting because he's a freak and so young. He's on alot of fouads podcast and it's nice to see he seems like a good guy.

To further that once you’ve built enough strength steroids like tren and many others that push strength it’s now not the preferred way to grow if your a powerlifter strongman sure but a bodybuilder I wouldn’t say it’s the ideal way

again weight heavy enough is needed but all us bodybuilders can bench 3-4 plates so getting stronger than this or deadlifting 8-9 plates really doesn’t provide bigger muscle.
hmmm, so you think that progessing in weights only works up until a certain point even if form is the same?
i mean, i am not the strongest here and i dont take too much anabolics. My go to is moderate test (500-750 a week) + 6-10iu HGH (dependant on my financial situation, hehe) and sometimes 3-4 weeks of slin use. Cutting i am lower test (~350) and add anavar at 50mg

What i can tell is that ive grown a good amount of hams and back (and a bit of ass xD) since ive really focused on deadlifting. When ive started to focus on DL (around october) i was doing 4.5 plates a side (200kg) for 5 reps. Now i am up to 242.5kg for 5 reps and the difference in Hams and Back (especially thickness, traps etc..) is huge..

hmmm, so you think that progessing in weights only works up until a certain point even if form is the same?
i mean, i am not the strongest here and i dont take too much anabolics. My go to is moderate test (500-750 a week) + 6-10iu HGH (dependant on my financial situation, hehe) and sometimes 3-4 weeks of slin use. Cutting i am lower test (~350) and add anavar at 50mg

What i can tell is that ive grown a good amount of hams and back (and a bit of ass xD) since ive really focused on deadlifting. When ive started to focus on DL (around october) i was doing 4.5 plates a side (200kg) for 5 reps. Now i am up to 242.5kg for 5 reps and the difference in Hams and Back (especially thickness, traps etc..) is huge..
Definitely because after that once you keep pushing weights beyond a certain amount the risk vs injury is to great and the extra weight isn’t going to make the muscle any bigger I believe once you’ve built enough strength just like with anabolics you don’t up there steroid dosage you cycle that cycle until you stop wanting to be big and reduce it

same with the weight you get to a certain strength and you use that weight week in week out months and years and it’s going to be enough to continue breaking down the muscle as the load is heavy enough for stimulating growth and then anymore would just be counterproductive for what we do and will be risk for injury.

You get everything wrong, I have nothing against Nick or his training style. He is a freak but with little chance of being a top 6 in some great show. There are dozens more bodybuilders on IG sharing their shit, so it's surprising that so many people, especially non-rookies ones like those on this board, have dedicated so many threads to him in the last few months.
On the contrary, you get EVERYTHING wrong, like this post and most other things you post. You just can’t see it. You have no idea about Nicks future, but even if you are right about top 6 do you not think top6 in a show with the best competitors in the world is still awesome ? I’m not gonna lie, I think you’re a joke, defensive, pc, and I don’t like you. Again, Nick is a freak who works hard and is likable, people find him interesting. Unlike those freaks who work hard but are confused when people don’t think they look feminine. Just stay in the male to female miss-ter Olympia thread. Sometimes it’s not only about the winners. If there are so many unknown competitors on IG who would destroy Nick post them up, give them some exposure. That would make a good thread.

Reactions: cal
You know who else people love that is a mutant that wouldn’t place top 15 at a show? Jordan Peters. I’d rather hear his training philosophy, ideas, etc all day than a Phil Heath, Big Ramy, Jay Cutler. So please show us all these other 5’6 300lb guys.

Nick is doing all he can to be the best , but something he cant change is genetic structure ( is something you can´t change ) and play huge role from being a pro to be top 3 at olympia . is huge , symetric, shreded and crazy skin condition only fails in something he cant change

Don't worry about it bro, sometimes you just gotta take some heat on this board every now and then, but for the record I agree 💯 with your above post.

Its true what you said about be top 6 , is possible but not easy because is not the perfect bone structure but Jay Cutler , Dorian win Mr Olympia without best structure . Why is so special ? because is better than us ( i wish i can have is body ) and better than 99% of bodybuilders in this world . 24 years old with that size, shape and fame ? this is the dream of most of us in this fitness industry

I always tell folks, do he routine and lift how you want to lift, do the routine that YOU enjoy the most. When you love it, and give it 100%, they all work.
I dont think there is a better way. Look at Arnold (Volume) vs Mentzer/Dorian (HIT style) look at Paul Dillett and Vince Taylor (Not very heavy, not very intense).
Find your routine and KILL IT, youll grow... The mega-gear and mega calories of course help the guys I mentioned...

That's total nonsense, aesthetics are determined by your genes, not your training style. You can replicate Zane, Benfatto or Bumstead's training, you won't look like them.
I agree.. some of the most aesthetic physiques trained the heaviest.. they didn't have the generics to be big but used very heavy loads.. Haider was a great example of that.. 405 bent over rows.. 400 pound chest press etc.. yet was not a big man by the standards set.. was known as a " pleasing physique".. but trust me he tried to get much bigger.. just didn't happen.. but he was strong..

In regards to nick.. nothing has really changed.. hes been with the same trainer awhile.. used the same cadence of reps most of the time.. so I really don't notice the difference to any real degree..

In terms of training.. it all works if your using the right amount of intensity.. there are numerous studies showing there is no real difference between 15 reps and 8 reps as long as failure is reached.. protein synthesis is the same.. now what Is the smartest approach?

The smartest approach is very controlled reps.. a slow negative a controlled but explosive positive. Yates used this approach.. walker uses this approach.. etc.. ronnie trained explosive and loose.. hes now crippled up pretty bad.. as will be numerous others.. yes, you want to use decent loads for the rep range you choose.. but it should be very controlled.. so the question shoukd be do you want to build muscle or ego lift.. ? If your goal is to build tissue we know that can be done in many rep ranges as long as concentric failure is hit.. so why wouldn't one train in a style and rep range that keeps the joints healthy yet still brings additional tissue? So yes " heavy " is relative to the individual and training style.. intensity is what is the common denominator..

I agree.. some of the most aesthetic physiques trained the heaviest.. they didn't have the generics to be big but used very heavy loads.. Haider was a great example of that.. 405 bent over rows.. 400 pound chest press etc.. yet was not a big man by the standards set.. was known as a " pleasing physique".. but trust me he tried to get much bigger.. just didn't happen.. but he was strong..

In regards to nick.. nothing has really changed.. hes been with the same trainer awhile.. used the same cadence of reps most of the time.. so I really don't notice the difference to any real degree..

In terms of training.. it all works if your using the right amount of intensity.. there are numerous studies showing there is no real difference between 15 reps and 8 reps as long as failure is reached.. protein synthesis is the same.. now what Is the smartest approach?

The smartest approach is very controlled reps.. a slow negative a controlled but explosive positive. Yates used this approach.. walker uses this approach.. etc.. ronnie trained explosive and loose.. hes now crippled up pretty bad.. as will be numerous others.. yes, you want to use decent loads for the rep range you choose.. but it should be very controlled.. so the question shoukd be do you want to build muscle or ego lift.. ? If your goal is to build tissue we know that can be done in many rep ranges as long as concentric failure is hit.. so why wouldn't one train in a style and rep range that keeps the joints healthy yet still brings additional tissue? So yes " heavy " is relative to the individual and training style.. intensity is what is the common denominator..
I think where a lot of guys get wrong with progressive training is not perfecting control and handling of the weight they’re using. I stuck with 125lb db press for a month and my reps were the same but each week my form was better and control was better. In my brain if Im handling the weight better and easier weekly then I’m getting stronger. I want to master the movement with the weight before I move up.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear