over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nicotine and anxiety ?

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This prep I tried nicotine gum after reading Matt Porter article on it. It seemed to worsen my anxiety and possibly make me "fast" or too speedy as it does raise dopamine levels. I only used it the last two weeks of prep and last week added the another 1 mg.

Ive tried it one prep before and stopped it bc I didnt like the taste of peppermint gum and threw it out. This time around I bought fruit flavored, which still taste a bit like mint, but I started at half a oeice of 2 mgs gum, at 1 mgs, and ended up doing two half peices for a total of 2 mgs a day

Backing up, I started ephedrine, caffeine and alpha yohimbine 8 weeks out at 12.5 mgs ephedrine, 100 mgs caffiene and a capsule of alpha yohimbine. Furthermore, as the weeks went by and became accustomed, or tolerant, I upped to 25 mgs ephedrine(one bronkiad), kept 100 mgs caffeine, and one alpha yohimbine tablet. Couple weeks later added 100 mgs caffeine with 1 mgs nicotine, then 1 mgs nicotine solo

maybe best I try it in another prep and use it longer, has anyone else use this in prep and/or used it and had an issues with nicotine gum causing almost overwhelming anxiety?

Another thing to consider is how all of those drugs raise your blood pressure and increase heart rate, so they are hard on your heart.

i just dont think nicotine is a good idea. it is not healthy and highly addictive.
i'd suggest good ole discipline. not nicotine.
-F

Can you elaborate more? From my research it is only harmful in cigerrates, there is no direct negative impact unless it raises BP for that person. I would assume the other things he listed are more harmful than nicotine, or the combination. I could be wrong.

Can you elaborate more? From my research it is only harmful in cigerrates, there is no direct negative impact unless it raises BP for that person. I would assume the other things he listed are more harmful than nicotine, or the combination. I could be wrong.

the things people say about nicotine are really only relevant as it applies to smoking cigarettes/vaping.

i would disregard

if i remember right, nicotine itself clogs arteries and negatively affects blood pressure. i guess i could google it again lol but for real i never understood using an addictive substance to get lean. hell, maybe a few bumps of some good cocaine pre-workout to "get in the zone" that seems to be along same line of thinking lol
-F

if i remember right, nicotine itself clogs arteries and negatively affects blood pressure. i guess i could google it again lol but for real i never understood using an addictive substance to get lean. hell, then why not a few bumps of some good cocaine pre-workout to "get in the zone" that seems to be along same line of thinking lol
-F

if i remember right, nicotine itself clogs arteries and negatively affects blood pressure. i guess i could google it again lol but for real i never understood using an addictive substance to get lean. hell, maybe a few bumps of some good cocaine pre-workout to "get in the zone" that seems to be along same line of thinking lol
-F
I agree. If you don't have a nicotine habit, using it to try and get lean or suppress appetite is a bad idea. Maybe I'm just sensitive to the subject because I'm heavily addicted to nicotine (I don't smoke, but i dip). Its been such a bitch trying to quit. I would love to be one of those nicotine free people.

Nicotine can be both an anxiogenic and an anxiolytic. It can stimulate you and it can calm you down. It can sharpen your mind and it can make you more scatterbrained.

It can worsen some health parameters and can protect and treat certain health issues.

It depends. Depends on situation, dose, person.

*white trash has entered the chat*

Yes, I dip smokeless tobacco and a bit too much nicotine can put me more on edge than calm me down. Excessive sweating, nausea, increased anxiety, racing thoughts, absolutely. And I know that nicotine itself in small amounts may not be terribly toxic, but I sure as hell don't recommend picking up an addiction to help you lose fat

Use DNP instead lol

I'll be nicotine free six years on the 30th. I would never intentionally get addicted to it, or anything for that matter.

This prep I tried nicotine gum after reading Matt Porter article on it. It seemed to worsen my anxiety and possibly make me "fast" or too speedy as it does raise dopamine levels. I only used it the last two weeks of prep and last week added the another 1 mg.

Ive tried it one prep before and stopped it bc I didnt like the taste of peppermint gum and threw it out. This time around I bought fruit flavored, which still taste a bit like mint, but I started at half a oeice of 2 mgs gum, at 1 mgs, and ended up doing two half peices for a total of 2 mgs a day

Backing up, I started ephedrine, caffeine and alpha yohimbine 8 weeks out at 12.5 mgs ephedrine, 100 mgs caffiene and a capsule of alpha yohimbine. Furthermore, as the weeks went by and became accustomed, or tolerant, I upped to 25 mgs ephedrine(one bronkiad), kept 100 mgs caffeine, and one alpha yohimbine tablet. Couple weeks later added 100 mgs caffeine with 1 mgs nicotine, then 1 mgs nicotine solo

maybe best I try it in another prep and use it longer, has anyone else use this in prep and/or used it and had an issues with nicotine gum causing almost overwhelming anxiety?
I got the point, but I’m curious. How’d your prep go?
Despite not feeling it was the best route, did you end up looking good?

I got the point, but I’m curious. How’d your prep go?
Despite not feeling it was the best route, did you end up looking good?
I am willing to bet nicotine was the smallest determining factor in how he looked..........
-F

I am willing to bet nicotine was the smallest determining factor in how he looked..........
-F

if it can be the difference between following the diet and cheating regularly, then it certainly will make a difference.

Anyone here actually got addicted via nicotine gum? I have suggested it to a couple of guys in prep and they had no problem dropping it after the show. I did tell them to consider the addictive potential and decide for themselves if it was worth it lol.

I mentioned nicotine as a diet/metabolism/nootropic aid to my gf and she has been on a couple year long gum/lozenge nicotine bender lol. I didn't outright recommend it though, just mentioned it...
But she refuses to even try my Swedish Snus which I've half jokingly asked her to try when she's been out of gum, so she's not jonesing too bad for a nicotine fix lol

Effect of chewing gum containing nicotine and caffeine on energy expenditure and substrate utilization in men
Anna B Jessen et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2003 Jun.

Results: The thermogenic responses (increases over the response to placebo) were 3.7%, 4.9%, 7.9%, 6.3%, 8.5%, and 9.8%, respectively, for the gums containing 1/0, 2/0, 1/50, 2/50, 1/100, and 2/100 mg nicotine/mg caffeine (P < 0.05 for all). Adding caffeine to 1 and 2 mg nicotine significantly enhanced the thermogenic response, but changing the caffeine dose (from 50 to 100 mg) did not change the thermogenic effect. None of the combinations changed the respiratory quotient compared with placebo, which indicates that glucose and fat oxidation rates were increased to a similar extent. Side effects occurred only with 2 mg nicotine.

Conclusions: One milligram of nicotine has a pronounced thermogenic effect, which can be increased by approximately 100% by adding 100 mg caffeine. Increasing the nicotine dose to 2 mg does not increase the thermogenic effect but produces side effects in most subjects. Caffeine may be useful in preventing weight gain after smoking cessation if its thermogenic effect can be used to enhance nicotine's effect on long-term energy balance.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws