over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nicotine

I know that it causes vasoconstriction which will raise BP. It will also raise heart rate and studies show direct effects on heart muscle tissue.

Cleveland clinic article
"
Preliminary biochemical studies suggest nicotine is dangerous
Studies done at Brown University go to the heart of the matter — nicotine’s effect on cardiac tissue. Experts know that smoking cigarettes increases your risk for heart disease and that nicotine is the likely culprit. Vascular tissue exposed to nicotine shows damage. Nicotine literally bores holes through smooth muscle walls and leaves debris in its wake. "

It can be dangerous for folks like me with heart failure, I would end up in the er now probably. Risk of going into ventricular tachycardia. The effects are felt in all folks, but especially those that dont use nicotine very much. People of course build up a tolerance and so heart rate effects and blood pressure are less pronounced in long time users.

More from that Brown University study. Shows effects from nicotine that is smokeless.
"

A scientist from Brown University is claiming that prolonged exposure to nicotine, even delivered by methods other than cigarettes, may increase the risk of developing a potentially fatal heart condition.
It's the latest research to question the safety of e-cigarettes, a popular substitute for smoking tobacco cigarettes, which are known to be harmful.

Chi-Ming Hai unveiled his findings at the American Society for Cell Biology's annual meeting in New Orleans. The presentation stems from work published last year in the journal Vascular Pharmacology.
Hai studied how nicotine and cigarette smoke extract stimulate the formation of rosettes on the surface of cells. The rosettes act like drills to bore through a scaffolding that protects vascular cells in the heart.
Explore the Heart in 3D »
The result can be atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries, a common cause of heart attacks. The newly reported research, for which Hai only **broken link removed**, shows that the process occurs during nicotine administration, even without cigarette smoke"

This article presents contradictory opinions too.

Nicotine is NOT cigarettes...Their is nicotine in cigarettes but there are also lots of other chemicals many "undesirable"
Nicotine is a wonderful NOOTROPIC/ `Neurotransmiter precursor and it can make you smarter.
  • Improves attention in healthy individuals, helping them to perform a variety of tasks in a better way;
  • Improves short and long-term memory in healthy individuals;
  • Improves attention and performance in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, and other neurodegenerative conditions.
For bodybuilding, Can help you train harder, controls appetite, help metabolism,improves reaction time.... even has an effect suppressing estrogen.

Consuming nicotine is also linked to raised alertness, euphoria, and a sensation of being relaxed. Studies have shown that nicotine appears to improve memory and concentration. It is thought that this is due to an increase in acetylcholine and norepinephrine.
I have used nicotine breath mints for physical enhancement previously.

That doesn't change the fact that it's still the most addictive substance in the world with withdrawal symptoms setting in in as little as 15-20 minutes. I smoked for 13 years and have used other routes of administration to get my nicotine fix. The benefits you listed are all well and good, but I've been nicotine free for five years now and no amount of benefits would ever convince me to get that monkey on my back again. I can think of so many times over the years when I was hooked where my decision making and behaviour were affected by the fact that I was an addict in withdrawal. Anyone who regularly consumes nicotine is therefore not "leveled" unless they were to consume it in regular 20 minute intervals and that is a terrible way to live. I used Allen Carr's book to quit smoking/nicotine and it's one of the best decisions I ever made. I'm the biggest skeptic in the world, so reading a book to quit an addiction seemed ridiculous, but I approached it with an open mind and it worked.

Wow FK that's some great information!
Thanks everyone for your help.
Like everything else we do in this lifestyle we have chosen for ourselves "bodybuilding/weightlifting" I truly believe moderation is the key.

Wow FK that's some great information!
Thanks everyone for your help.
Like everything else we do in this lifestyle we have chosen for ourselves "bodybuilding/weightlifting" I truly believe moderation is the key.
Moderation is key but anything else that damages our cardiovascular system should be removed. Our life style does enough damage imo

Moderation is key but anything else that damages our cardiovascular system should be removed. Our life style does enough damage imo

The physical and psychological dependency of nicotine renders that it cannot be done in moderation. I've heard excuses from dozens of people and I've made them myself.

"I only smoke when I drink."

"I chew when I play baseball/hockey."

Stuff like that. And while it is better physically to smoke less or chew less; psychologically it makes the addiction worse because you view it as a prize or treat. Anyone who says they're cutting back and only smoking on the weekend or one cigarette at the end of the day is spending all their time leading up to it thinking about it.

The physical and psychological dependency of nicotine renders that it cannot be done in moderation. I've heard excuses from dozens of people and I've made them myself.

"I only smoke when I drink."

"I chew when I play baseball/hockey."

Stuff like that. And while it is better physically to smoke less or chew less; psychologically it makes the addiction worse because you view it as a prize or treat. Anyone who says they're cutting back and only smoking on the weekend or one cigarette at the end of the day is spending all their time leading up to it thinking about it.
I'm agreeing with you haha. I was the first person to post in this thread.
Edit: I kinda meant "moderation is key" but not with nicotine

Your concerns are valid folks, the downside of nicotine is its potential
for being addictive.
when I speak of nicotine and its benefit , and uses in a more accepted way in the near future; I am discussing single isomer pharmaceutical NICOTINE the drug (Yes there is such a thing) CAS 54-11-5 same as is used in Nicotine gum , patches,sprays etc...
Products such as cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, chewing tobacco, and wet and dry snuff and the dried leaves from the tobacco plant all contain nicotine those are not the ones im discussing.
Nicotine is a stimulant drug that speeds up the messages travelling between the brain and body like many compounds we have ALL experimented with ie: CEA , DMAA , many of the nootropics . It may have the potential for addiction. BE CAREFUL if you are going to experiment with it. European and Middle Eastern bodybuilders are notorious for using nicotine products pre-contest smoking in this case. Cessation does not seem to be a problem post show.

Your concerns are valid folks, the downside of nicotine is its potential
for being addictive.
when I speak of nicotine and its benefit , and uses in a more accepted way in the near future; I am discussing single isomer pharmaceutical NICOTINE the drug (Yes there is such a thing) CAS 54-11-5 same as is used in Nicotine gum , patches,sprays

I used Nicorette lozenges and gum that came in 2 and 4 mg doses. The 4 mg felt amazing, but holy hell was the anger and irritability worse when withdrawal set in. So in my experience the pharmaceutical drug can still cause dependency and dosage plays a factor in that. I was never a heavy smoker - four or five a day - but I'd go through a pack when I went out drinking. The increased frequency and dose made the next day worse as my body would come to expect that frequency and dose.

I smoked some when I was younger, mostly on weekends when I was out at bars or partying. Somehow I never got addicted. I think there is a genetic component to addiction. I never had problems with other substances either, with the exception of steroids. Steroids I must confess had a grip on me that I couldn't shake.

Everyone's personality is different. There are some who can just smoke when they drink and be fine, whereas others can smell a cigarette and immediately need one and go into withdrawal if they don't get one. Same thing with fatties and food, same thing with everything, really...

I would never recommend that someone start a nicotine habit. But if you're already open to using it and know the drawbacks, hey... Shit works. Same attitude with gear, really.

Wow Maldorf I'm the same way I just don't get addicted to anything.
But anabolics I will use until I die or they kill me.
And it's because I love to lift weights and those things make it more fun!

Wow Maldorf I'm the same way I just don't get addicted to anything.
But anabolics I will use until I die or they kill me.
And it's because I love to lift weights and those things make it more fun!
Yeah, I became dependent on them in the gym because whenever I got off and tried to be natural I would lose too much strength and size and felt like shit. You go back on and everything is ok again with the world. Hard as hell to get off steroids.

I smoked some when I was younger, mostly on weekends when I was out at bars or partying. Somehow I never got addicted. I think there is a genetic component to addiction. I never had problems with other substances either, with the exception of steroids. Steroids I must confess had a grip on me that I couldn't shake.
Same here man. Even cut caffeine cold Turkey 3 weeks ago and didn't get a headache or anything. Gear on the other hand... legit addiction.

You haven't tried crack

Oooooooooh boy once you get a taste of that good rock, oh lawdy hooked for life
You haven't tried crack

Oooooooooh boy once you get a taste of that good rock, oh lawdy hooked for life

Some people are able to use a lot of these substances and not have problems with addiction. Not everyone that smokes crack becomes addicted. I believe from the studies I have seen, nicotine is just about the most addictive drug out there. This addiction site lists it as number 3.

"
The National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSUDH) estimated that more than 21 million Americans (aged 12 and older) battled a substance use disorder in 2014. Substance abuse and addiction cost American society upwards of $600 billion every year in healthcare expenses, criminal justice and legal costs, and lost workplace production, the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) publishes.

Some of the most addictive drugs by this definition are as follows:
  1. Cocaine
  2. Heroin
  3. Alcohol
  4. Nicotine
  5. Methamphetamine"

Nicotine itself, sans tobacco, is still a carcinogen and was banned for use as a pesticide because it was harmful to mammals. Now I doubt you'll die of cancer just because you used some gum or lozenges to stave off appetite, but I think it's foolish to think of it as totally benign.

I watched a documentary about vaping, they said that nicotine was not harmful, I suppose they were driving the electronic cigarette.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131