over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Night protein study

I have to limit my fluid intake about an hour or so before bed. I value the continous sleep as opposed to the hydration. Plus I like eaing a piece of chicken sausage and some egg whites before bed. the fat extends the digestion.

Protein

I cant definately do egg whites at bedtime but might work for you maybe i should limit myselve also on liquid intake

I prefer whole food (meat) and fat before bed. Shakes pre-bed leave me starving in the AM or I have to get up and use the bathroom too many times.

Try taking some liver tabs before bed.

I keep a tub of Aminos next to the bed. 3 tabs = 6 grams of protein
I usually wake up twice in the night to piss, every time I wake up I take 3+ tabs.

I have been slacking on a larger dose casein before bed... Used to eat a bunch of cottage cheese. This thread reminded this "newbie" of the basics... haha better tighten up.

mixture of whey conc/whole egg/mic casein + tbsp almond butter + tsp psyllium husk I find is right on the money

Like some of the guys above, I had to stop the protein shakes before bed. Kept waking up to use the bathroom. I like to eat about a cup of fat free cottage cheese though.

Cottage cheese, cinnamon, syrup, and a couple of cornflakes = best pre-bed snack

Mercola also mentions in another video to avoid Whey isolate saying that it doesn't get absorbed correctly and can cause damage from build up. I haven't found further information on that yet.

**broken link removed**

By Dr. Mercola

A recent study looked at the role of protein in modulating post-exercise overnight recovery.

The researchers assessed the impact of protein ingestion immediately prior to sleep on digestion, absorption kinetics, and protein metabolism on 16 healthy young males.

The participants were asked to perform resistance exercises at 8pm in the evening.

At 9pm, all participants ate a recovery meal consisting of 20 grams of protein and 60 grams of carbs.

Then, 30 minutes before they went to bed, half of them drank a high-protein beverage. According to the authorsi:

"During sleep casein protein was effectively digested and absorbed resulting in a rapid rise in circulating amino acid levels which were sustained throughout the remainder of the night.

Protein ingestion prior to sleep increased whole-body protein synthesis rates and improved net protein balance...

This is the first study to show that protein ingested immediately prior to sleep is effectively digested and absorbed, thereby stimulating muscle protein synthesis and improving whole-body protein balance during post-exercise, overnight recovery."

Good read. Hopefully it will remain set in stone. In this sport everything changed like the seasons. One day this is good, tomorrow it's bad. That's why these forums are so important.... So we can stay on top of the latest information and change when we have to.

Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove

The Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove hotel is with the heart of Arbor Lakes Minnesotas retail and entertainment district. Our hotel is due to very close to the Shoppes at Arbor Lakes Lifestyle Center. Local companies include Boston Scientific Medtronic Caterpillar and RR Donnelly. You'll find so many restaurants nearby including Houlihans Famous Daves PF Changs Biaggis and Pittsburgh Blue Steak House. Cabelas discovered in Rogers Minnesota just five miles north on I94. Just ten minutes to your north would be the Albertville Premium Outlets featuring more than 50 stores including the Gap Eddie Bauer Jones The big apple **broken link removed** Reebok and Old Navy.

At our Maple Grove Minnesota Hampton Inn our continental breakfast now features hot items 1 week per week. Maintain your training we also have a health club indoor pool and whirlpool.

Whether staying in Minnesota on business or pleasure our Hampton Inn hotel guests enjoy room amenities **broken link removed** which include refrigerators microwaves coffeemakers hairdryers irons and ironing boards and complimentary highspeed Family members using in any rooms. All hotel guest rooms feature voicemail computer friendly work desk and TV with cable. Connecting rooms and cribs can be purchased. Laundry/valet services and meeting/banquet facilities are accessible for a nominal fee.

We love having you with the Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove hotel in Minnesota.

Book online when using the form above.

Chilling, Clock, All news channel, Bathroom amenities, Bathtub, Bathtub/shower combination, Wire, Coffee/Tea maker, Copier, Cribs, Data port, Desk, Desk with lamp, Direct dial phone, Fire alarm, Free movies/video, Hairdryer, Broadband internet connection, Iron, Ironing board, Microwave, Modem, Newspaper, Nonsmoking, Remote television, Separate modem line available, Smoke detectors, Speaker phone, Telephones with message light, Voicemail, Wireless internet connection, Air cooling individually controlled in room, Extra person charge **broken link removed** for rollaway use, Desk with electrical outlet, Spare electrical outlet occuring at desk, CNN availaible, Minirefrigerator, Selfcontrolled heating/cooling system, Extra adult charge, Extra child charge, Extra child charge for rollaway use, Internet access fee, Very fast wireless

Air conditioners, Clock, All news channel, Bathroom amenities, Bathtub, Bathtub/shower combination, Wire, Coffee/Tea maker, Copier, Cribs, Data port, Desk, Desk with lamp, Fire alarm, Free movies/video, Hairdryer, High-speed internet connection, Iron, Ironing board, Microwave, Modem, Newspaper, Nonsmoking, Remote controlled television, Separate modem line available, Smoke detectors, Speaker phone, Telephones with message light, Voice mail, Wi-fi connection, Cooling individually controlled in room, Extra person charge for rollaway use, Desk with electrical socket, Spare electrical outlet available at desk, CNN availaible, Selfcontrolled heating/cooling system, Extra adult charge, Extra child charge, Extra child charge for rollaway use, High speed internet access fee, Very fast wireless

????

What's the details on Mercolas opinion on whey?

I normally have a mrp with casin in middle of night most nights

I think drinking whey protein prior to going to bed mixed in milk and adding any carb or fat will be just as effective as casein.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws