over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nightshift/heavy workload

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Some of you know, I’m a travling circus working in healthcare.

Weird turn of events have landed me in bumfuck Iowa working nights, 48-60h a week.

I know training will be shit. Or non existent other than my 45lb kettlebell.

My question is…which I’ve always struggled, how the fuck
Do I time food? I’ve always added body fat working nightshift….hunger is hard to control when sleep
Is so broken and shitty.

Should I just try to hit maintaining calories in a 24h period? Like…throw meal timing out the window and limit myself to 3,000 calories in 24hs?

It’s for 13 weeks. I could not turn down the pay. I’m just trying to limit damage. Dropping to cruise of 175mg test. Honestly might drop GH, as my insulin sensitivity is going to be so shitty doing nights

If you are making good money then maybe spree for one of those food prep businesses that send meals to you. That way you can save time but have meals ready to go and bring to work.

I worked swing shift, 12 hour shifts for a decade. I just always timed my meals the same amount of time apart waking up for nights as for days. I typically got to bed at either 6am with a 12pm wake-up, or 9pm with a 2am wake up. I’d have my same breakfast so many hours after waking, same 2nd meal the same amount of hours later etc. It sucks but you can progress. I liked to lift before work so I wasn’t constantly stressed at work how certain things were going to mess with my workouts.

When I worked night shift for 2 years I just treated meals the same. So when I woke up I ate my first meal(breakfast) got all 5 meals in accordingly and ate my last meal in the morning right before bed. Worked pretty fair for me. Still had no problem getting lean. This was my first year bulking with day shift though and now going thru my cut I've added a lot more tissue . Up almost 15 lbs

Was Idaho a no-go?

Night worker (11pm-9am) here been on for about 8 years honestly easiest way is just switch your am/pm around so say you wake up at 8pm treat it like 8am have breakfast when you finish work in the morning treat it like dinner

Was Idaho a no-go?

The prison decided to close down the forensic unit instead of bringing in enough medicostadf ti keep it open.

I’m not surprised, the pay was absurd and I couldn’t imagine they could afford to pay like that long.

I'd keep workouts short and infrequent at first like DC 2way. Work in Carido as you adapt. Like mentioned meal frequency the same amount of hours. Even if it's 2-3 meals a day because you're too busy. Ashwaganda helped me keep cortisone down with constant changing of sleep schedule.

Some of you know, I’m a travling circus working in healthcare.

Weird turn of events have landed me in bumfuck Iowa working nights, 48-60h a week.

I know training will be shit. Or non existent other than my 45lb kettlebell.

My question is…which I’ve always struggled, how the fuck
Do I time food? I’ve always added body fat working nightshift….hunger is hard to control when sleep
Is so broken and shitty.

Should I just try to hit maintaining calories in a 24h period? Like…throw meal timing out the window and limit myself to 3,000 calories in 24hs?

It’s for 13 weeks. I could not turn down the pay. I’m just trying to limit damage. Dropping to cruise of 175mg test. Honestly might drop GH, as my insulin sensitivity is going to be so shitty doing nights
I’m actually pretty decent at this one!

I was thrown onto just about every rotation you can think of! When I get a heavy workload like that I drop to 3 meals a day and just up pre-bed metformin and Berberine..keeps me happy.

I’m doing it right now

Breakfast- 10-12oz steak
Lunch-2 chicken breast, whole avocado, pico, tahin
Dinner, 2 chicken breast, black beans, pico, tahin

And I’m doing 1000mg metformin(usually 500, I’m sensitive) and I’m not sure on berberine before bed.

When I do this I never lose strength or size..just lean up.

Of course you have to adjust your calories for you..but I always find it better to under-eat a little in these situations for mental clarity and such.

I have worked 12 hour swing shift for 25yrs now. I NEVER eat past 11:00pm, if I'm on midnights then I wake during the day to get my meals in, but I have the superpowers of being able to fall back to sleep at the drop of a dime!

13 years on graveyard shift. When i get up i ate and every 3ish hours after that. Call my first meal breakfast hard to have a name for that many meals.

I have worked 12 hour swing shift for 25yrs now. I NEVER eat past 11:00pm, if I'm on midnights then I wake during the day to get my meals in, but I have the superpowers of being able to fall back to sleep at the drop of a dime!

Oh so even when your awake at work you don’t eat? Just eat when the sun is up and go back to bed?

But Iowa is nice and quiet, living is pretty cheap, and for $4,000 a week….I’ll live in Antarctica if I had to.
4000 a week shit I wouldn't pass that up!

Food should be ok man if u get the calories in.

Workout I think the 45 kb might be lacking lol. I'm sure u could find something on offerup or maybe find some gym u could use

13 years on graveyard shift. When i get up i ate and every 3ish hours after that. Call my first meal breakfast hard to have a name for that many meals.
yep, i been on nights now for about 19 years but fortunately for me for the last 8 years i only work 2 shifts a week, anyway im like you once i wake up i eat approx every 4 hours when at work, so i eat the same whether i am awake during the day or night.

I don't see the meal timing an issue unless you are in prep for a competition

If you're diet is let's say 5000 calories
As long as you eat the 5000 calories you should be good. I do understand the body will only process so much at one time.but I'm not saying to eat 5000 calories in one sitting

I would def stick to protein and fats at night and load carbs in meal 1 after waking up. I think that way body composition is much better then eating all night carbs- at least in my case that how it was during my 4 years period of nightshifts.

I work graveyard for 7 years i got used to it.

I have worked 12 hour swing shift for 25yrs now.
^^^WOW!! ..this is no joke & incredibly impressive ..esp given your pro physique level

..F-in' shocked to know this about you ..hats off!!!!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131