over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nimrod King

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Awesome physique. Anyone have any other pics of him?

Attachments

• nimrod_king.jpg
    nimrod_king.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 6,723
That guy had one of the thickest chests ever in bodybuilding....if you find other pictures youll see

HUGE

I remember him guest posing at a show my father was competing in. I was a kid and was late 80's I think.

I remember him walking down the isle and onto the stage, he was wearing a tuxedo and I thought to myself man that guys FAT. He takes off the Tux jacket and he had on a dress shirt and bow tie with the arms ripped off and I was like WTF am I looking at, this guys a MONSTER. His arm were bloody huge, the biggest Ive seen to this day. He looked fat to me with the coat on because it was so big and draped straight down and he was about 4ft wide, lol. I had no idea I was so young, but quite a memory.

I remember reading several articles/interviews by him. He said he used high reps to build his physique(20-25 reps per set).

He said in an interview that I read in Flex way back in 1990, I think it was, that he became interested in bodybuilding in grade school. He wanted to be able to silence anybody that made fun of him because his name is Nimrod.

Nimrod King and Vince Comerford, two of my favorite physiques from the late 80's to early 90's.

I remember reading several articles/interviews by him. He said he used high reps to build his physique(20-25 reps per set).

I remember reading about him doing dumbell curls with 20 lb dumbells. I found it hard to believe then I found the following from the net:

Nimrod King is another example. Google him and take a look a look at his thighs. Interestingly enough he rarely squatted more that 225 lbs in the gym, yet he would do countless reps with that weight. A couple of the older guys who got me into strength training used to ask Nimrod why he wouldn't lift heavier. His response was more or less, "Who cares about strength? I just want to be big."

I remember reading about him doing dumbell curls with 20 lb dumbells. I found it hard to believe then I found the following from the net:

Nimrod King is another example. Google him and take a look a look at his thighs. Interestingly enough he rarely squatted more that 225 lbs in the gym, yet he would do countless reps with that weight. A couple of the older guys who got me into strength training used to ask Nimrod why he wouldn't lift heavier. His response was more or less, "Who cares about strength? I just want to be big."
Yup! He used high reps and relatively light weights for someone his size. Vince Taylor was the same way. At 5'9" 230lbs, the guy had an amazing physique. He had 20" guns and did 20lb dumbell curls. Big quads and NEVER did squats, only leg presses. Edgar Fletcher was another guy that trained with lighter weights.

Yup! He used high reps and relatively light weights for someone his size. Vince Taylor was the same way. At 5'9" 230lbs, the guy had an amazing physique. He had 20" guns and did 20lb dumbell curls. Big quads and NEVER did squats, only leg presses. Edgar Fletcher was another guy that trained with lighter weights.
Curious too examples of weights used in his workouts . I do remember him being in musclemag but can’t find any info on his workouts

Anecdotal proof of the saying, "there are more than one way to skin a cat." I trained at the same gym that some pros did back in the mid to late 80s and honestly, none of them used the loads that I see todays guys using on youtube. Not even close.

Anecdotal proof of the saying, "there are more than one way to skin a cat." I trained at the same gym that some pros did back in the mid to late 80s and honestly, none of them used the loads that I see todays guys using on youtube. Not even close.
I agree bodybuilders have got stronger but the bodybuilders of the 70-80-90 all used full range of motion and higher volume which lowered the weights used

Thats an incredible lookin physique if u ask me - big and perfect in my eyes

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity