over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

No appetite after lifting

Stump

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What do you guys do/use to keep your appetite after lifting, PWO I have a protein shake, oatmeal, banana and supps but hours later I have no desire to eat, I have to force down whatever I eat. I can drink a protein shake right before bed with no problem.

Use liquid carbs PWO. That should help.

I posted this on another board:

Caffeine before my workout makes me nauseous. Also high blood pressure occasionally. I suppose you could be hypoglycemic. What happens is that when you are putting your body under stress, your body's natural response is to shut down any process that isn't vital to your survival at that moment. That includes digestion. I can't usually eat for an hour at least after my workouts and even then the food tends to lay in my stomach.

The puking occurs because your body thinks it's in a survival situation and evacuates the contents of your gut. In really serious situations, your body will evacuate your bowels and bladder too.

Anything detrimental to survival is turned off... even pain. Think about it. If you took your shirt off and tried to walk through thorny brush, it would hurt like hell. But if you have a bear or a lion chasing your ass, you will cruise through that brush run for a mile and not feel shit. It's because pain, at that point, could prevent your survival. Soon as you calm down though, you're gonna feel it. Did you ever see those National Geographic vids where the lion is chasing the hare and the hare just barely escapes? What they don't tell you is that hare will usually get sick and die anyway because of the strain of escaping. Even your immune system is not necessary for you to survive at that moment. Which is also why you get the flu if you overtrain.

Your body is smarter than you are. It takes care of itself pretty well. All you have to do is take care of it and it will take care of you.

"He'll feel that in the morning."
"Scared me so bad I pissed myself."
"Trained so hard I puked up my lunch."
"Got into an accident and almost shit myself."

etc...

I get the same thing myself. Try lowfat yogurt. Or drink 4 or 5 tbsp of maalox right before your workout.

Try taking your waxy maize with your bcaa's glutamine,creatine,etc.. right after you lift. Then wait around 15min and have your whey. That has helped me with appetite.

Try not to drink too much water PWO it slows digestion down.

cant help you mayn,. ive got the opposite problem... pwo i drink 60 g waxy, 40 g whey, 10 g bcaa...and im absolutely starving 45 mins later...and then i eat 10 egg whites, one chicken breats,, and a big bowl of oats with two tablespoons flax and one tablespoon "fiberteq" mixed in. after that im suually still hungry and i eat a bunch more chicken untill i am full.

take in about 100g of simple carbs PWO then thirty min later drink a shake, by two hrs out you should be good to go. I got the sme issue

Thanks guys for all the help. Phil I take LBA prework and post so should I still take during the workout or what?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity