over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

No carbs for breakfast or pre workout?

I think you start to get into the minutia here when you over analyze it. That said, I don't do any carbs in the morning. High fat, high protein...I just feel good doing that. Truthfully I eat most carbs post workout 150-200 grams in two post workout meals.

I doubt it would have a dramatic body comp effect of I spread the carbs out to all meals I just enjoy eating this way and feel good eating this way.

I believe Jon Andersen is known for being huge on minimal carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you start to get into the minutia here when you over analyze it. That said, I don't do any carbs in the morning. High fat, high protein...I just feel good doing that. Truthfully I eat most carbs post workout 150-200 grams in two post workout meals.

I doubt it would have a dramatic body comp effect of I spread the carbs out to all meals I just enjoy eating this way and feel good eating this way.

Agree with this completely.

Have you read what b-pak posts on facebook? Honestly, I hope someone else runs that account other then him. It is advice that he doesn't even follow. I remember one of his posts saying how he barely eats any carbs , even while he is trying to grow. He avoids carbs in the morning, and that is great. Giving generalized advice to people that are not at his level makes little sense. He didn't get that big by not eating carbs lol

Yeah it kind of reminds me of pro John Anderson's advice to never eat carbs and of you do your a pussy, although in alot of his videos he definitely has that balloon look to his muscles from insulin.

I don't know why not having carbs pre-workout but my first carbs to go is in my 1st meals and I never have carbs before I go to bed.

carbs pre and post workouts are like my very last ones that I take out

no carbs isnt for everyone

I am an ecto/meso body type and imo no carbs with some meals is not a great idea. I like ATLEAST 25-35gm carbs with every meal even when in contest prep. I would drop to 15gm carbs per meal only for a carb depletion. I am a big believer in logic and I believe we were created to thrive on all 3 macros (protein, fats carbs) tho we can live on just proteins and fats or carbs and low fats etc, that is the perfection of our species BUT to be optimal for muscle building imo we need all 3 macros.

on similar note, everyone knows I been watching matt porter videos recently and he said when he was doing the fasted thing (not eating carbs til 12 noon) he was not near as full as when eating carbs with each meal. he said he was more vascular and full NOT fasting. I would prefer that.

I have doen VERY well in competitions and had carbs with every meal. people like jay cutler and Ronnie coleman (who have WAY more sandows than pakulski will ever have) always ate carbs. in pretty big amounts too.
-F2S

I am an ecto/meso body type and imo no carbs with some meals is not a great idea. I like ATLEAST 25-35gm carbs with every meal even when in contest prep. I would drop to 15gm carbs per meal only for a carb depletion. I am a big believer in logic and I believe we were created to thrive on all 3 macros (protein, fats carbs) tho we can live on just proteins and fats or carbs and low fats etc, that is the perfection of our species BUT to be optimal for muscle building imo we need all 3 macros.

on similar note, everyone knows I been watching matt porter videos recently and he said when he was doing the fasted thing (not eating carbs til 12 noon) he was not near as full as when eating carbs with each meal. he said he was more vascular and full NOT fasting. I would prefer that.

I have doen VERY well in competitions and had carbs with every meal. people like jay cutler and Ronnie coleman (who have WAY more sandows than pakulski will ever have) always ate carbs. in pretty big amounts too.
-F2S

I do agree it is optimal to have all 3 macros. I think body composition and how well your body responds to each macro is going to be purely based on the individual. I eat 750g of carbs a day and do not get fat eating that. My buddy would get fat quickly with that high of carbs. That is why I am really not a fan of you have to do X.

MP does have a lot of different theories. I love that he is discussing things, along with meadows & shelby. I do question how effective Matt's theories/perspective are. He has never (to my knowledge) had a really big individual succeed and just come in shredded to the T. He has done exceptionally well with smaller individuals. I know he worked with Gabe Moen, who is a total fucking tool and blames every coach for his failures. That is the only super I have seen. I mean no disrespect to him at all, so I hope I am not coming off improperly-hard to get that across via text with no tone.

In the end this all just comes down to one's own genetic make-up. An ecto or meso can eat carbs all day long and it only serves to fill them out and make them look better. An endo on the other hand can look like complete shit from eating carbs...even clean one's.

I think JM's peri approach is the best for an endo like me to make gains but limit the fat gains.

And when talking about what a "pro" does you always have to take into consideration how gh effects people. Even being an endo I was able to eat carbs and not get fat while using gh...take the growth out of the equation and its a different story.

-F2S

Everyone reacts to amounts of macros and timing differently. Using Cutler and Coleman to illustrate your point is a hyperbole here. Not many guys on this site are able to step on state at 280+ and are basically fat burning machines regardless of what they eat. They are genetic freaks, their ability to handle the doses they took is unbelievable, it's as if they were made genetically for bodybuilding. Your average person wouldn't be able to eat and dose the same way with the same results. I don't mean shape and structure, I mean to even get to their size and condition. I do understand your point though, everyone is different

I do agree it is optimal to have all 3 macros. I think body composition and how well your body responds to each macro is going to be purely based on the individual. I eat 750g of carbs a day and do not get fat eating that. My buddy would get fat quickly with that high of carbs. That is why I am really not a fan of you have to do X.

MP does have a lot of different theories. I love that he is discussing things, along with meadows & shelby. I do question how effective Matt's theories/perspective are. He has never (to my knowledge) had a really big individual succeed and just come in shredded to the T. He has done exceptionally well with smaller individuals. I know he worked with Gabe Moen, who is a total fucking tool and blames every coach for his failures. That is the only super I have seen. I mean no disrespect to him at all, so I hope I am not coming off improperly-hard to get that across via text with no tone.

Well you sir, suck! :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner