over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

No Carbs post cardio

Being nauseated is a common problem for most people. Definitely something that discourages eating too close to a workout, which is also not a great plan.

Hey doing some 3 mile jogs is perfect. very good for the overall healthy benefits.

I'm trying to get back myself. I had a skiing accident a year and a half ago that really screwed my knee up. I completely tore my ACL, PCL and MCL and had Miniscuss damage. I had to have the major ligs completely replaced (cadaver parts). It's been a long road back.

Before that I was a cardio junkie. 10 mile jogs, sprint work, food ball speed drills, skating, biking etc. If my hair wasn't on fire, I didn't consider it cardio. Hitting the anearobic threshold was a requirement for me to get that high that you get. One of my favorite preworkout meals, don't laugh, was 3 slices of white bread, grape Jelly and Fluff. I made a jelly and fluff club sandwhich! LOL

Any compettitve guys reading this are probably laughing their asses off at this dietary debacle but believe me it was good fuel for this kind of work.
I think I could eat that![emoji3]

Sorry to hear about your knee. I know that has to be tough.

I will admit, when running I can hit a level where it's taxing, but I can deal with it. When I used to box years ago, the cardio was so intense.... Intervals with the bags, rope, etc. Always uncomfortable.

I don't think I could do that type of training first thing in the morning. Looking back, it was always in the afternoon and I had plenty of food in me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I've only recently added in dedicated cardio, again.

I play basketball 2x/week for about 2 hours (less if I'm on a losing team lol) and we just started up flag football 2 weeks ago, so I have a day of that, too (which most of the time isn't much cardio since I'm not a WR).

I knocked out some extra cardio on the treadmill the other night after dinner just because I ate a bit more than I'd planned for the day. It wasn't fasted, but it was several hours after eating and I just sipped on some aminos while I walked at like 3.5 mph on an incline and watched some college football.

I get my sprint work in with basketball and I'm very meticulous in how I supplement around those days:

12 PM: meal or shake (primarily protein, some fat, minimal carbs)
1 PM: EvoMuse CardioTryx + 15-20mg GW-501516
1:30 PM: Pre-workout (lately just Alphamine with beta alanine and CoP added in)
1:45 PM: 25mg ephedrine (via a Bronkaid tab)
2:00 PM: basketball
intra: iForce Compete + bulk taurine (any amino/electrolyte will do, though)
4:00 PM: whey isolate shake at conclusion
6:00 PM: dinner

On my 2 basketball days, I've gone lower calorie and lower carb and had great success. I'll up fats a tad, but these days are when I'll see my deficit and I'll add back on my lifting days that surround it. It's nice to look in the mirror and be extra lean and step on the scale and see a big ol drop the next morning. Now, a lot of that is glycogen and water -- I know that -- but mentally, it still helps seeing the progress. But also, some of that is fat loss due to the above protocol.

I know that's not the question of the OP, but I wanted to share because it works great for me.

But beyond that, any steady state cardio I add in, I typically try to do fasted or closer to it (e.g. no carbs around it).

I think I could eat that![emoji3]

Sorry to hear about your knee. I know that has to be tough.

I will admit, when running I can hit a level where it's taxing, but I can deal with it. When I used to box years ago, the cardio was so intense.... Intervals with the bags, rope, etc. Always uncomfortable.

I don't think I could do that type of training first thing in the morning. Looking back, it was always in the afternoon and I had plenty of food in me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Boxing can work you hard. I never boxed but I did Karate for while. It was not shopping mall karate either. It was an old school club. Sparring was brutal. he use do have us do line sparrning. 5 guys on one side; 5 on the other. You would spar for 3 minutes and shift. 15 minutes may as well have been 3 hours. I would be completely wiped out after that. Not to mention beat to shit because I wasnt that good - LOL!

Personally I always have at least 50g carbs pre cardio. Get a better session and of im cutting I'm counting macros so the cardio is still putting me in a calorie deficit carbs or not. I cut on 500g carbs anyway and get lean real fast with this approach. Much quicker than fasted or carbles cardio. You burn carbs during cardio but switch to fat burning earlier than you otherwise would at night so the fat is still burnt over a 24 hour period. If im t cutting im only doing cardio for fitness and appitie so carbs matter even less and I might do 100g

I'm thinking those who do fasted cardio want the lowest insulin levels possible as I believe whey and even bcaa's can still slightly spike insulin as well as some artificial sweeteners in the product. Now if fat cannot raise insulin wouldn't you burn an equal amount of fat if you did fasted cardio vs cardio with say 1-2tbsp coconut oil before hand?

I'm thinking those who do fasted cardio want the lowest insulin levels possible as I believe whey and even bcaa's can still slightly spike insulin as well as some artificial sweeteners in the product. Now if fat cannot raise insulin wouldn't you burn an equal amount of fat if you did fasted cardio vs cardio with say 1-2tbsp coconut oil before hand?

I guess. But again, I still have never heard anyone tell me how, over the course of an entire diet, fasted cardio is ideal or even as good as working out with some fuel in your system.

Personally I always have at least 50g carbs pre cardio. Get a better session and of im cutting I'm counting macros so the cardio is still putting me in a calorie deficit carbs or not. I cut on 500g carbs anyway and get lean real fast with this approach. Much quicker than fasted or carbles cardio. You burn carbs during cardio but switch to fat burning earlier than you otherwise would at night so the fat is still burnt over a 24 hour period. If im t cutting im only doing cardio for fitness and appitie so carbs matter even less and I might do 100g

Imagine that. Give your body it's prefered fuel source, get better training sessions and lose fat over time via the calorie deficit. Whode a thunk it!

Imagine that. Give your body it's prefered fuel source, get better training sessions and lose fat over time via the calorie deficit. Whode a thunk it!

Yea but try telling people that. Carbs are evil don't forget

Yea but try telling people that. Carbs are evil don't forget

I know. It's sad actually. My favorite line is, "I'm carb sensitive" . Usually, what you find is that like all other human beings, they are actually calorie sensitive.

But, I welcome the discussion. I'm still waiting for someone to explain how, at a deficit, having carbs in the diet will cause you to retain body fat. As soon as someone can detail this miracle, I will become their business partner tomorrow and by next year we will have become Billionaires and won the Nobel Peace Prize for solving world hunger!

I know. It's sad actually. My favorite line is, "I'm carb sensitive" . Usually, what you find is that like all other human beings, they are actually calorie sensitive.

But, I welcome the discussion. I'm still waiting for someone to explain how, at a deficit, having carbs in the diet will cause you to retain body fat. As soon as someone can detail this miracle, I will become their business partner tomorrow and by next year we will have become Billionaires and won the Nobel Peace Prize for solving world hunger!

Yea. People get fat on muffins and it's the carbs. Not the fat or the calories. Much easier to blame carbs than overeating. Some people seen to have lowet appitie on low carb which is great. I just end up binging to fuck as my body can't take it. High carb im never hungry even in a deficit. Im not anti low carb, I'm just a big beliver in eating to your own body's response. Low carb left me with a big binge eating problem that took me years to put right

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner