over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

No cardio = Fat Fuk

roadcrayon

Registered
well been lifting seriously now for almost 3.5 years... managed to go from a 130 pound toothpick to about 215-220 now... the problem is within the last few month i noticed some love handles and a gut. with the hand held fat test machine im around 15-16%. anyways... my question is about cardio and will it help me loose some fat even on a bulking diet. and how much at what speed should i do?
thanks guys its awsome to get advice from some seasoned pro's i really appreciate it

I like to do cardio everyday just because it feels good. After I do my lifting I get on the stationary bike and keep my HR at about 160 from 40 minutes to up to an hour and a half. Then the next day after lifting I'll run a mile and then get on the stationary bike for about 20 minutes.

how's your diet? before you try doing cardio think about doing supersets or extended sets. Then add cardio, try walking at first then start jogging to get used to it. You might want to do the bike too to keep the mass on your legs, or the elliptical. As in speed just vary it , jog, walk, intervals :) the most important thing is diet though. Also it is best to do cardio in the morning on a empty stomach but take like 1/2 scoop of whey or some glutamine right before u do cardio... hope that helped? thanks

I like to do cardio everyday just because it feels good. After I do my lifting I get on the stationary bike and keep my HR at about 160 from 40 minutes to up to an hour and a half. Then the next day after lifting I'll run a mile and then get on the stationary bike for about 20 minutes.

I disagree with doing that because right after you workout you need to replenish yourself and that 30 min. window is the most important time to take in protein/carbs.

I disagree with doing that because right after you workout you need to replenish yourself and that 30 min. window is the most important time to take in protein/carbs.

not trying to be a ballbuster here, but I slightly diagree with you on this. You are correct about the window to replenish, but the reason for the window in the first place is increased insulin sensitivity after intense training. Maintaining a high heart rate and glycogen buring exercise PWO through cardio will still maintain that high insulin sensivity.

Besides, unless one is a competitive BB, who really cares about the minutia of whether one took in their PWO shake 30 minutes or 60 minutes later. People take this way overboard sometimes.

I know the cardio is probably hurting my muscle growth but I eat a light meal and protein shake before I workout to minimize muscle wasting.

not trying to be a ballbuster here, but I slightly diagree with you on this. You are correct about the window to replenish, but the reason for the window in the first place is increased insulin sensitivity after intense training. Maintaining a high heart rate and glycogen buring exercise PWO through cardio will still maintain that high insulin sensivity.

Besides, unless one is a competitive BB, who really cares about the minutia of whether one took in their PWO shake 30 minutes or 60 minutes later. People take this way overboard sometimes.
GD makes a very valid point here. This mysterious window of opportunity..............how long does it remain open or does it close after 30 minutes and then you start to shrink into oblivion???? 30 minutes?? 60 minutes??? 73 minutes??? See where this is heading. PWO means just that. if 30-45 minutes of cardio becomes part of your workout then when is post workout???...........................exactly, at the end of your cardio!!

Now ideally you would probably be better to do cardio seperate from your weight session but if this is just not possible then right after is fine. As I said the cardio just becomes a component of your training and workout. But if you can one of the better times is right when you wake up before breakfast. But do what fits your schedule!!

Jog every morning

I think the muscle wasting effects of cardio are blown way out of proportion. I jog anywhere from 1 to 4 miles every morning upon waking before I eat anything. Makes me feel good and wide awake all day. I can even make it through my biostatistics class without falling asleep and thats a tough thing to do. If you think you are losing to much muscle, eat more.;)

I think the muscle wasting effects of cardio are blown way out of proportion. I jog anywhere from 1 to 4 miles every morning upon waking before I eat anything. Makes me feel good and wide awake all day. I can even make it through my biostatistics class without falling asleep and thats a tough thing to do. If you think you are losing to much muscle, eat more.;)

The muscle wasting effects are blown way out of proportion. I meet people (non competitors) all the time who refuse to do cardio cause they don't want to loose size. All I loose while doing cardio is fat and water. People actually ask me if I have gotten bigger when I do cardio regularly. I think it helps your body utilize food more efficiently.

And yes, being lean starts with diet. All of our bodybuilding goals start with diet. This is the all time best advice in the world! Diet Diet Diet!:)

Try Carb Cycling

A lot of guys who tend to get chubby while bulking have found success with a carb cycling approach.

The muscle wasting effects of CV might be blown out of proportion, but joging/running is a plyometric exercise that will cause muscle damage and will make it harder to building bigger legs.

People actually ask me if I have gotten bigger when I do cardio regularly. I think it helps your body utilize food more efficiently.

And yes, being lean starts with diet. All of our bodybuilding goals start with diet. This is the all time best advice in the world! Diet Diet Diet!:)

that's because most people aren't professional bodybuilders so when you take off fat and you see more defined muscle you look much bigger when you may have lost 30 pounds and may have even lost a couple pounds of muscle with the weight. It's the same reason people say carrot top is jacked.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear