over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

No more women's BB in the IFBB, NPC?

Flex2019

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I recently saw a thread here that detailed the new divisions that are being added to the NPC. What the thread did now show, however, is that women's bodybuilding is being phased out completely. A Google search shows many forums lately that have been talking about this. Anyone else hear this or know anything about it?

People are all talking about it on the forums, but Steve Weinberger has confirmed that FBB is NOT being eliminated. The NPC/IFBB is simply introducing a new division for women (Women's Physique), that will be in between Figure and FBB.

People (esp FBBers) were all freaking out, thinking FBB was going away because Bob Chicarillo said something about FBB phasing itself out. He never said it was being eliminated, though; he just pointed out the declining numbers of FBBers at shows.

People are all talking about it on the forums, but Steve Weinberger has confirmed that FBB is NOT being eliminated. The NPC/IFBB is simply introducing a new division for women (Women's Physique), that will be in between Figure and FBB.

People (esp FBBers) were all freaking out, thinking FBB was going away because Bob Chicarillo said something about FBB phasing itself out. He never said it was being eliminated, though; he just pointed out the declining numbers of FBBers at shows.

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I actually said the same thing to the guy that told me about it, and he insisted that FBB was being eliminated altogether. I found this hard to believe. Just goes to show you how much crap gets thrown around the message boards, all it takes is one person who hears something the wrong way.

Thanks again.

Bob Chicarillo hates FBB and when he "announced the new WPD" he insinuated that the FBB was getting phased out. It is not and he shouldn't have said it.

There is no official plan by the npc/ifbb to phase it out. It was Bob's words and his opinions. Steve Weinberger & Betty Parisio then got the message out the following 2 days that there is no plan to get rid of or phase it out. The numbers of contestants at the shows is what will determine FBB's longevity.

I conveyed my feelings to him about his choice of words:

1. Lack of respect for the ladies that bodybuild

2. The drama you created when you implied that FBB was getting phased out.

3. Tasteless comments on a BBing board, when you should, as a spokesman, be above that.

Bob Chicarillo hates FBB and when he "announced the new WPD" he insinuated that the FBB was getting phased out. It is not and he shouldn't have said it.

There is no official plan by the npc/ifbb to phase it out. It was Bob's words and his opinions. Steve Weinberger & Betty Parisio then got the message out the following 2 days that there is no plan to get rid of or phase it out. The numbers of contestants at the shows is what will determine FBB's longevity.

3. Tasteless comments on a BBing board, when you should, as a spokesman, be above that.

Thanks Doll,
It would be a shame to see FBB go away. There are some amazing creatures in FBB.
Iris Kyle for example, one of the most amazing pysiques I have every seen male or female.

Exactly how I feel, he's not a good spokesman for anything that has to do with FBBing.

Just what we need is ANOTHER womens division to sit though at a show. So now we have fitness, physique, figure and BB. :(
I say get rid of the fbb. Personally I like fitness the best but at the local shows there are seldom any partipants

Exactly how I feel, he's not a good spokesman for anything that has to do with FBBing.

I followed this from the begining when he came online and started giving updates. I was appalled at his brusk nature, poor wording and flipant attitude......and I let him know in polite terms that I thought so :D

I am not a fan of FBB, it is too much for me since I was involved in the sport since 1979 and grew up on a lot less muscle and conditioning. But that is just my prefrences and I never say what other people should like. I never say anything bad about the women & their choice to take it to the level they see fit and train as hard as they do.

So as far as the WPD, I am VERY EXCITED!!!! It should bring the type of female physique I enjoy looking at. I love figure, but dammit, they never hit a pose :D

Last edited:
I followed this from the begining when he came online and started giving updates.

So as far as the WPD, I am VERY EXCITED!!!! It should bring the type of female physique I enjoy looking at. I love figure, but dammit, they never hit a pose :D

I've been following it too ... so much drama for a couple days! There STILL hasn't been an official statement regarding WPD and/or FBB (although Weinberger did say on Palumbo's radio show that it's not going anywhere).

I'm looking forward to seeing how the WPD unfolds. My vote is for promoters to have 2-day shows with tickets for different events in order to avoid loooooong shows, but don't think that's gonna happen. :rolleyes:

FBB has been brought up time and time again about "going away"....I don't think you can take it away...even though the popularity is not there with the vast majority..as long as you have women showing up to compete, they will have that division...

Very anxious to see what the judges will reward in the wpd...

Just what we need is ANOTHER womens division to sit though at a show. So now we have fitness, physique, figure and BB. :(
I say get rid of the fbb. Personally I like fitness the best but at the local shows there are seldom any partipants

I agree.

I know.......you guy's just hate having to look at fine female bodies :p

yes, and now the woman can be even more confused on what they are looking for, o your to soft for BB to hard for figure etc...

Though it is annoying to have to sit through another class or level at these shows, I am in favor of this new WPD. Why? Well, because as a former figure competitor I was told I'd come in too hard or that my legs were not "streamlined." I'd think, well, I LIKE to come in with a harder look! IT IS what I assumed Figure WAS "supposed" to, e.g., Gina Aliotti in 2006 or my other favorite...Juliana Malacarne!

I did not want to compete as a FBB, simply because that is not a path I wanted to go in. So I preferred NOT to conform and compete with a "softer" look while "streamlining" my legs (that word irks me). Now, if I chose to, I'd have an opportunity to compete and do well in the WPD. This is not to say I would compete in this new division, but I now feel i have more of an option to come in as I want, build a little more on what I have, and keep m legs as they are....or make them even better just for me as I have been doing.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08