over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

No rest days..

Yes, your recovery ability increases on the drugs, but so does your strength exponentially which means that you will be doing more damage to the muscles so you need the extra recovery given by the drugs.

Yep, I agree. I would say that the 2 factors pretty much offset themselves so that you need the same amount of rest when on as when off. I would also say though that I usually got more injuries while on because I was pushing it so hard, but they did seem to heal rather fast.

Good thing I'm hearing all these answers. I felt bad for taking today off but needed some rest. As I get older 2 days on 1 off seems to become the norm.

what about weight training day then cardio day weight training day and so on? Does it need to be a complete off day?

IMO that is something that you would have to judge yourself day to day. Sometimes getting som cardio in almost seems to speed recovery because it causes more circulation and helps remove waste products and gets more nutrients to the muscle. I think if you do it, keep the duration under 30 mins and at an easy pace. I used to get some good results training the muscles I had worked the previous day, going sets of 20 and doing just 1 set for each muscle. Like for legs I would just do some really light leg extensions and pump them up the next day after doing really heavy squats. The pump was insane and it felt really good. The next day I would swear that my legs felt less fatigued than normal.

was you aas regimen the same every time you tried out different workout schedules? Or were you on more when you trained m-f?

During 500mg test a week only I have experimented m-f; m,t,th,f; m,w,f; 3 on 1 off, 2 on 1 off.. tried all these different splits for periods of time on that amount of test and results sizewise were by far best on m-f. 3 on 1 off was SLIGHTLY better for strength, but not as good for size. Strength was also very good on m-f also.

Yes, your recovery ability increases on the drugs, but so does your strength exponentially which means that you will be doing more damage to the muscles so you need the extra recovery given by the drugs.

Agreed. Honestly I preach this too. Had never used igf before though and didn't know if anyone had attempted to utilize it during a short 2-3 week period whilst using des

If I'm running my hormones high enough I will often train daily for a few weeks at a time if I still feel good. After years of doing this I can instinctively know when it is time for a rest day. However, over the long term, I generally go about 6 out of 7 days. Some weeks 5 some 7.

ok. last summer i set up 14 days with no off days, working each bodypart two days in a row. i didn't do it thinking it was going to make me bigger stronger or leaner....i did it just to see if i could. i actually went 16 days cuz on day 15 i didn't feel i wanted to take a day. the 16th was a chore so i took two days off and went back to regular.

the worst day was the 3rd or 4th day, i really had to dig deep to go out that way. i workout outside year around, rain snow, angry squirrels and spiders. but my goals aren't to step on stage.

I'm still on 4 day weight training but now have been on 6 some times 7 cardio sessions a week.

Another variable to manipulate!

I really found that training 2x per day made me grow much better, especially if youre on AAS. Just break up your normal training day into 2 sessions and youre good to go. I would do my first workout around 10 am and then my second one around 8 pm. So on leg day I would do squats and some leg presses in the AM, and then in the evening I would do some stiff leg deads along with some leg curls and calves. You find that you are able to use more weight on the exercises in the 2nd session because you have already rested some and that allows you to apply more stress to your muscles to spur on growth. I used to do that when I was in college during the summers and even did it some in high school. Doing this sort of workout though also means you have no real responsibilities and its not very practical. If youre young though and have the time I would do it if you put high priority on bodybuilding.

ok. last summer i set up 14 days with no off days, working each bodypart two days in a row. i didn't do it thinking it was going to make me bigger stronger or leaner....i did it just to see if i could. i actually went 16 days cuz on day 15 i didn't feel i wanted to take a day. the 16th was a chore so i took two days off and went back to regular.

the worst day was the 3rd or 4th day, i really had to dig deep to go out that way. i workout outside year around, rain snow, angry squirrels and spiders. but my goals aren't to step on stage.

Back to back leg day would break me.

I honestly believe that you shouldn't train more than two consecutive days without a rest day. I've seen too many experts say this and I really agree based on how I feel. Chris Aceto had a great article about not training three days in a row

:yeahthat:
After that 2nd day, I rarely have a good workout vs taking a day off and going back in refreshed....it makes me feel like a fat ass sometimes:banghead:

i train five days a week straight and then two days off and cardio everyday for 45 minutes 5 days a week.

somewhere arthur jones and the mentzer brothers are rolling in their graves

Any of you guys tried training just 1 body part for each session?

I switched to this whilst competing because i was doing mon-wed-fri split up till about 7 weeks out and found i couldnt keep the intensity throughout the whole session

So a typical week would look like this for me

Sunday - Legs
Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Back
Wed - Off
Thurs - Arms
Fri - Shoulders
Saturday - Off

I found that i could easily finish a session with in about 35-45 minutes, and keep the intensity and strength pretty much all the way throughout the session, do you think this could work well off-season? I've always been a mon-wed-fri guy off-season, thought i could switch to this, so i can do more excercises for weaker bodyparts like my back and chest

Lately, I only train 4 days a week and feel like I am growing faster and less injury prone.

Mon, Wed, Fri : entire upperbody workout by supersetting opposing muscle groups.

Sat : quads, hams, calves

I train 5 days a week and it typicaly looks like this.

Sunday - Legs
Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Off
Wednesday - Back
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Arms

I have been doing this for a while now and I like that I can go in and hit and be finished and if I am getting ready for a show I have the time to do cardio too.

i grow like a weed on this routine
mon, chest
tue, back
wed, shoulders
thur, legs
fri, arms
weekend off

I really found that training 2x per day made me grow much better, especially if youre on AAS. Just break up your normal training day into 2 sessions and youre good to go. I would do my first workout around 10 am and then my second one around 8 pm. So on leg day I would do squats and some leg presses in the AM, and then in the evening I would do some stiff leg deads along with some leg curls and calves. You find that you are able to use more weight on the exercises in the 2nd session because you have already rested some and that allows you to apply more stress to your muscles to spur on growth. I used to do that when I was in college during the summers and even did it some in high school. Doing this sort of workout though also means you have no real responsibilities and its not very practical. If youre young though and have the time I would do it if you put high priority on bodybuilding.

Hello Maldorf. I too have broken up my normal w/o IE chest and shoulders
into Chest am then after some food and rest, shoulders later in the day.
I really responded well to that while on. Only thing is for me not over doing depending to much on pre w/o stimulants.. My hams really came up nice doing the 2x day w/o quads am hams later. T

Back to back leg day would break me.

the main challange for me was to come up with enough exercises so when i did the same bodypart 2 days in a row i could vary the exercises so i could do different things for the same bodypart. the hardest day was the 3rd or 4th day. it was cuz i was training with the same intensity as i did under normal conditions. i had to back off alittle. on the first leg day i would go pretty heavy, but not to max..maybe 80-85%, the next day light high -rep work. the high rep work the next day stretched the legs pretty gd. of course a very good strech before to get the tightness out. it was intresting, and at my age it's sometimes nice to see what i can do. i believe going to extremes sometimes is good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity