over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

No soreness after chest workout

I have the same problem with my arms...

they get sore just for 2 3 hours after the gym, but the next day soreness is gone

Well for you guys that are not feeling it in the chest....dont get to bent...its going to take some time....your not going to do one chest workout the way I laid it out and BAM ....its going to take a few training sessions to learn how to squeeze the pec.

Nosupermodel I suggest bringing the bar close to your chin....when you bring it down it should hit right below the chin or close to it.....by the collar bones. Make sure your elbows are all the way back....have someone at the gym watch you to make sure they dont creep forward. This happens very easy without you even knowing it.

And check the egos. ....lower the weight...keep it low intill you know how to train the chest properly and then start pushing those big weights again.

Its going to take some time....also ..Mt Dog has a youtube clip of him warming up his pecs with a rubber band before he starts his chest workout...he says doing this will help you feel the pec more in your workout. I havent gotten a chance to try it yet but its def worth a shot.

Also dont forget dips...if you are unsure on how to do them...hit up youtube and watch Mt Dog.

Good luck guys

Well for you guys that are not feeling it in the chest....dont get to bent...its going to take some time....your not going to do one chest workout the way I laid it out and BAM ....its going to take a few training sessions to learn how to squeeze the pec.

Nosupermodel I suggest bringing the bar close to your chin....when you bring it down it should hit right below the chin or close to it.....by the collar bones. Make sure your elbows are all the way back....have someone at the gym watch you to make sure they dont creep forward. This happens very easy without you even knowing it.

And check the egos. ....lower the weight...keep it low intill you know how to train the chest properly and then start pushing those big weights again.

Its going to take some time....also ..Mt Dog has a youtube clip of him warming up his pecs with a rubber band before he starts his chest workout...he says doing this will help you feel the pec more in your workout. I havent gotten a chance to try it yet but its def worth a shot.

Also dont forget dips...if you are unsure on how to do them...hit up youtube and watch Mt Dog.

Good luck guys

Thanks bro. I will check out MD's channel, when I do dips I must not lean far enough over or something cause I feel it almost exclusively in my tris.

I am going to keep trying your suggestions. I will also see if I can find MD's video on Youtube. But if you find it will you post up a link in here.

My chest day is 4 sets flat bench 4 sets incline 4 sets decline 3 sets incline cable flyes 3 sets cable crossovers. On flat and incline first 2 sets are 2-3 reps and last 2 are 6-8 and 8-12.. decline is always 8-12, the cable flyer variations are 8-12 and sometimes up to 15.. I always get sore

Thanks bro. I will check out MD's channel, when I do dips I must not lean far enough over or something cause I feel it almost exclusively in my tris.

Do you lean forwards when performing dips? A standard dip will mainly hit the tri-ceps. You need to lean forward and really concentrate on the chest and go deep down to really feel the muscle.

But sure regardling this thread I have felt the same. Try performing chest press (slight incline) with a very wide grip and use less weight and higher reps... really slow negative and control the weight. There are so many possible ways but sure it is the way you lift the weight and not the exercise performed.

Do you lean forwards when performing dips? A standard dip will mainly hit the tri-ceps. You need to lean forward and really concentrate on the chest and go deep down to really feel the muscle.

But sure regardling this thread I have felt the same. Try performing chest press (slight incline) with a very wide grip and use less weight and higher reps... really slow negative and control the weight. There are so many possible ways but sure it is the way you lift the weight and not the exercise performed.

I do lean forward, maybe it wasn't enough. But I checked out MD's YouTube channel and he has a variation of dips where you don't bend your elbows and use your chest to elevate your body. I've been doing these and really like them. One of the only exercises I can really feel my chest working.

I will try what you just suggested as well. Thanks for the tip!

if any given muscle you are training hasn't fully recovered from the previous session you won't be sore because you can't tear the muscle down to cause the soreness

I do lean forward, maybe it wasn't enough. But I checked out MD's YouTube channel and he has a variation of dips where you don't bend your elbows and use your chest to elevate your body. I've been doing these and really like them. One of the only exercises I can really feel my chest working.

I will try what you just suggested as well. Thanks for the tip!

Yes those MD ones are great. I need to get a proper belt so I can use alot of weight. I usually just do the ones I listed with just my bodyweight and go really slow on the negative and really stretch it and do as many reps as I can for 3 sets with little rest. That is after I do some pressing and after the 2 exercises I am done. Hopefully all of this and my increased eating will give me better results especially in regards to my chest development.

Pose/Flex your chest after working it...it gets a pump going and gets your MMC up. If your triceps/shoulders tend to take over, then MMC is IMPERATIVE to get your chest to work.

Can you bounce your pecs at will? Do that at random times during the day, just working on bouncing and contracting them in different patterns and rhythms. This establishes and develops the neurological connections to the muscle, making it easier for you to engage them under heavy load.

Props for posting pics, alot of people would've been too pussy to do that, but you probably have 30-50 pounds to lose before you'd look "good". Work on that, and you'll be able to better see how you respond to different exercises & techniques.

How do u not get sore with those marathon workouts? I do 1 work set on 2 exercises for a muscle and get cooked... Go heavier, bring the I to intensity...what were u benching 6 months ago? And what now?

Don't worry about having "amour plate" pecs yet. Until you get down to around 12% or so BF you will have a hard time seeing those defined pecs. You bench 405, I'm sure they'll be there when you cut down!

I have had sore pecs after doing 1 DC working set and after doing 20 sets like your program. The common factor in those workouts was HIGH INTENSITY. Stretches, rest paused, etc etc. Just be INTENSE.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear