YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

No Straps, No Belt, Triple bodyweight, one ugly mofo.

I have my training programmed by a strength coach. i have other issues having to do with mobility and injuries, so this has really helped me rehab and prehab and get WAY more athletic.

12-16 week training cycles with increasing intensity and decreasing volume.

I dont ever max out either. I may move heavy singles, but always leave some in the tank.

Looks like a crossfit setup in the background. Are you doing strength days and METCON/AMRAP days at 50%/50% or vary the percentage based on what your couch recommends?

Nope, I am just part owner of the gym. Most of the equipment is mine.

Nothing I do resembles crossfit at all.

Well, I did to a turkish getup once.

impressive.....and im not impressed by too much...hahaha

:cool:

Meat-veggies-nuts

Carbohydrates post workout only. Off days no carbs.

:)

Do you utilize insulin with the post workout carbs sbc? or just drink a carb drink after training with no slin?

Interesting diet also, alot of guys would probably consider that a cutting/recomp diet because of the lack of carbs. Do you feel that carbs are not necessary for growth as much as most think?

Thanks.

Thanks man,

I train 4 days per week with a pretty generic split:

M: Squat

T: Overhead Press

Th: Deadlift

F: Bench

My training sessions are about 1 to 1.5 hours (not including the 30 minutes of stretching and warming up on the bicycle)

How many sets of over head press do you do in 1.5 hours? Just want some more details. Thanks

impressive.....and im not impressed by too much...hahaha

:cool:

Thanks boss. Means a lot coming from a vet. I've got some good numbers coming down the pipe when I decide to "hit the gas".

Do you utilize insulin with the post workout carbs sbc? or just drink a carb drink after training with no slin?

Interesting diet also, alot of guys would probably consider that a cutting/recomp diet because of the lack of carbs. Do you feel that carbs are not necessary for growth as much as most think?

Thanks.

Nope, no insulin! I have another thread in the pictures section about my diet as well here. I originally got pretty lean doing a keto style diet then I just started adding carbs weekly to my workout days and haven't stopped since!

I think the big calorie differential helps keep me lean, but still keeps me appropriately fueled when I need it.

As far as carbs go? I feel long as you have "enough" carbs, I think the equation to growth is total energy content. If carbs are LIMITING and you are at a surplus you may be shooting yourself in the foot, but I also don't think there is a need to take in 500 grams of carbs and keep your fat super low.

In short, once you meet the MINIMUM requirements of ALL your macros:

Hypothetically: a 180 guy at a 2000 calorie maintenance
1g protein per lb: 180 protein
0.35g fat per lb: 60 fat
Carbs to 2000 cals: ~180

Once you use that as your maintenance diet, I don't think it matters much what macros you add to next in order to grow. You'll already have your minimum bases covered.

I am trying my damnedest to stay super lean while adding mass without turning into a human pharmacy, so I choose to up my calories on workout days weekly (carbs/fat) and up my calories on non-workout days monthly (protein/fat).

EDIT: If you read through that thread and get a feel for how I have structured my diet, my calories are now SUBSTANTIALLY higher (if you follow the "formula" I have posted) and I still maintain bodyweight at 211. However, I still seem to be adding muscle, just not scale weight. It would seem I am turning into a heavyweight on accident ;).

How many sets of over head press do you do in 1.5 hours? Just want some more details. Thanks

I do one heavy overhead exercise (log press), 4-6 working sets. Then light overhead Axle (thick bar) press (4 working sets of light weight). Then 2-3 single joint movements (pressdowns/curls/lateral raises etc etc)

This is the format for most of my workouts:

1. Heavy power movement
2. Light power movement (different variant of same lift)
3-5. Single joint/lightweight assistance movements

Last edited:
Nice threads u have man, wish i could be as commited and regimented as u are,

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

That's what it takes! No two ways around it!

My plan may not be the quickest, but I sure as heck don't think it's stupid either.

Great lifts brother! :headbang:

Pretty sure that's what Ragnar Lothbrok would look like on cycle :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity