over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Non fishy fish

I know your looking for Fish, but I came across some elk meat and
what a bang for your buck(no pun intended).

Elk Tenderlion

Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
Calories 367.4
Calories from Fat 69.8

Fat 7.7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.37 g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 163.3 mg
Sodium 113.4 mg
Potassium 889.0 mg
Carbohydrate 0.0 g
Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
Protein 69.8 g

cod and flounder are pretty easy for those that dont like fish. tuna, salmon are a few that have some flavor but not too strong.

if you get fish that smells 'fishy'... DONT BUY IT, ITS GOING BAD.

your fish should never smell offensive. it should have an 'oceany' smell, but never a fishy one.

talapia is farm raised. id skip it if i were you.

cod and flounder are pretty easy for those that dont like fish. tuna, salmon are a few that have some flavor but not too strong.

if you get fish that smells 'fishy'... DONT BUY IT, ITS GOING BAD.

your fish should never smell offensive. it should have an 'oceany' smell, but never a fishy one.

talapia is farm raised. id skip it if i were you.

I agree with the freshness thing since over the years I have smelled enough to realize that. The problem is when I eat it it always tastes fishy. Salmon has a very fishy taste to me. This is rough stuff figuring this out.

I agree with the freshness thing since over the years I have smelled enough to realize that. The problem is when I eat it it always tastes fishy. Salmon has a very fishy taste to me. This is rough stuff figuring this out.

then id start out with cod, something light in flavor. tilapia is ok but has a mild flavor, cod would be your best bet to start you out until you adjust to the flavor of fish. most grocery stores have them individualy packed now days.

Just an update. Tried out one if Bigchef's recipes with some cod and I couldnt do it. Fish is not for me.

The key to make any fish not taste fishy is to soak it in water with a tsp. of salt in the fridge for a few hours before eating... Rinse then cook.

Damn cant believe I forgot about this thread after I posted it. I'm glad I got some good feedback here. But to give you guys an example, I find Orange roughy to generally be pretty fishy. I'm gonna give the Tilapia a go, season it up nice and cook it with olive oil. Since I never eat seafood, can you base the doneness of fish on touch like you can meat?

it should be Flakey. Be able to fall apart pretty easy with a fork.

Haddock FTW.

What abouut Basa??

Do you like shrimp or lobster???? If so try monk fish. Very white and is called the poor man lobster. I remember I caught one of these sucker, got to be the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Seriously really ugly, but so damn good.....

Just an update. Tried out one if Bigchef's recipes with some cod and I couldnt do it. Fish is not for me.

cod is what fish sticks are made of, if you cant eat that, you are pretty much out of luck. what was the purpose of eating the fish? omega 3's? if so, just down the capsules and be done with it.

The key to make any fish not taste fishy is to soak it in water with a tsp. of salt in the fridge for a few hours before eating... Rinse then cook.

He's got it right...works with wild game to get rid of any "gamey" taste too.

My choice is tuna steaks and thick cut salmon fillets/steaks.

cod is what fish sticks are made of, if you cant eat that, you are pretty much out of luck. what was the purpose of eating the fish? omega 3's? if so, just down the capsules and be done with it.

The point was for some variety in my diet other than chicken or porkchops. The other was to have lighter dinners that will be healthier because fish is so beneficial.

Orange roughy is probably my favorite fish. I cant eat the real strong tasting ones,,,so this one I love.

:yeahthat:

I like tilapia w old bay. Worst I've had is whiting fillets I threw out what I made because it was so fishy tasting but tilapia is great. I make it with mashed potatoes, green beans and mix all together after heating you can't even taste any fish really. I find salmon to be fishier tasting then tilapia. but whiting was f*cking horrible!! was trying to be cheap at 2/lb for whiting but lost 10 dollars because i threw it out.

Get you some vinegar, I hate fishy tastes too, but i put vinegar on it and it makes it a lot better.

Flounder fluke sole fresh are not fishy and taste pretty good....I would never eat tilapia I hate the taste plus it's total crap

My non fishy fish choices:
Fresh Water: Walleye, Catfish
Salt: Striped Bass, Sea Bass, Orange Roughy, Haddock, Swordfish, Tuna

I used to have a restaurant and we did a lot of seafood, and also an "exotic" every weekend. For something different try a duck breast. We made a stuffing that included apples and raisins. We did pheasant sometimes too. The recipe called for a bunch of what I call Thanksgiving spices.

Get you some vinegar, I hate fishy tastes too, but i put vinegar on it and it makes it a lot better.

mmmm malt vinegar is awsome on fish, love it.

sushimi grade tuna, this would be one of the lightest tasting.. and you could down 10-12 oz of this fish raw in about 2 minutes..

I purchase mine from the local sushi bar, i became friends with the owner and get better pricing than you can fid on the market..

and if you can find spotted sea trout.. (speckled trout) it will taste like whatever you cook it with.. it has absolutely no flavor at all similar to a mushroom.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear