over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Non pharmaceutical tools for high carb diets

im using in since feb in different dosages.
I stumpled upon it due to my heart condition and ive read an article about how in the US it is currently studied for heart failure.
It seems to have a ton of health benefits and i am sure will be a major force in disease management in future (apart from diabetese)
it has some unique features that even experts are not sure where they come from (e.g. the positive effects on the heart or kidneys in non diabetics can not really be explained right now if i am correct)

i always injected eod instead of once weekly for smoother levels and less sides.
during my cut (march-may) ive gone up to 0,4mg eod. Works good to lower appetite. Since the end of cut, i am using 0,15mg eod just for its positive effects on insulin sensitivity and other metabolic health features without blunting my appetite too much.
the negative thing with semaglutide is that it bloats you a lil bit. I would def. drop it the last 2 weeks before an event. if you go to the beach regularely you should either lower the dosage even more (0,25mg weekly is also sufficient for improving insulin sensitivity) or drop it during that time
Curious about the insulin sensitivity part. I saw a statement from Layne Norton that said the insulin sensitivity aspect of semaglutide is from decreases in food intake and body weight and not the drug itself. He stated it actually largely increases insulin output postprandial. Not sure of exact mechanisms but it seems like that may not be beneficial without the longer term reduction with the food consumption and bodyweight

For those who regularly consume large amount of carbohydrates,

What supplements do you take?
With/before/between meals?
Do you space your carbs?
Limit carbs before bed?
Add sugars or keep it lower glycemic?

I’m pushing near 800 carbs daily and at this point I’m starting to think I should start to incorporate more things to manage them.

I think the biggest non-pharm tool is to properly adjust the diet. Even when "big carb" guys like Justin Harris have insane hard gainers they adjust and have days where they lower the carbs. Very, very few people would need 800 grams of carbs a day, everyday. I'm not saying you don't but again even guys like Luki or some of the insane specimens harris has worked with or on meadows private site when he has posted diets of folks like you he always had times during the week where carbs are dropped.

I also don't know your activity level. If you are a highly active, lean person you likely have nothing to worry about and I'd "carry on" with maybe some consideration of lower carbs days here and there.

Sometimes folks will ask this question (again, not saying you) because they know they are overeating, accruing fat, fasting bc is going a little sideways and they really just need to cut the food or do a mini diet to regain insulin sensitivity.

Put simpler, a good friend of mine is a cyclist and he eats like you 700+ grams of carbs a day. He doesn't need to worry about insulin sensitivity because he is like 8% bf, weighs 170 and is on his bike 3 hours a day.

There's no magic here. Just eating high carbs isnt enough to "think" you need more help managing it.
Check your fasted BG levels. Then, you'll know. Any discussion before that doesnt help you one bit.

And im sure you already knew these answers as insulin sensitvity and "what supplements can help" have been talked about thousands of times here:
Metformin, Berberine, Ala, Cinnamon extract, gymnema sylvestre, a combination of those in a GDA supplement. Very basic.

comes off more as mood-swings over being an ass considering your next post contains an explanation of a supplement that can be utilized is constructive compared to initially telling people on a professional-based forum to step on a scale lol.
I get moody on low carb as well though so no hurt feelings

"I use these and I am NOT trying to be an ass but many overlook these tools and for NON-DRUG options one would be hard pressed to manage high carb intake better with anything else I can think of."

My exact statement above the picture. You were the only one who seem to take issue with the post. I never signaled you out but what else beyond these and the berberine/GDA's (which were mentioned BEFORE my post so I did not repeat them) do you think there is? I never stated anyone here was not doing the basics but this question was BASIC.

Curious about the insulin sensitivity part. I saw a statement from Layne Norton that said the insulin sensitivity aspect of semaglutide is from decreases in food intake and body weight and not the drug itself. He stated it actually largely increases insulin output postprandial. Not sure of exact mechanisms but it seems like that may not be beneficial without the longer term reduction with the food consumption and bodyweight

Would like to know how this stuff actually works too.

Can’t get my head around it for some reason TBH. Lol

And it’s everywhere now.

And it’s everywhere now.

GLP-1 is an incretin hormone, secreted by the GI. When it binds to the beta cells it helps facilitate insulin secretion, and recovery of the beta cells.

It also slows gastric emptying, has been shown to promote neurogenisis in the brain, and all kinds of cool shit in other tissues.

And it’s everywhere now.

But how does it get results so fast or mechanism of action?

80% of the results probably come from type 2 diabetics losing shit tons of weight pretty fast. It obliterates hunger at higher doses. Like, my mom would eat half a turkey sandwich and be nauseous. Or struggle to eat a two egg omelet.

When diabetics are in a 1200 calories defict for a month straight, metabolic syndrome clears up pretty quick.

80% of the results probably come from type 2 diabetics losing shit tons of weight pretty fast. It obliterates hunger at higher doses. Like, my mom would eat half a turkey sandwich and be nauseous. Or struggle to eat a two egg omelet.

When diabetics are in a 1200 calories defict for a month straight, metabolic syndrome clears up pretty quick.
many of its effects are still not explainable even by experts themselves xD
for example the cardiovascular and renoprotective attributes in non-diabetic population.

many of its effects are still not explainable even by experts themselves xD
for example the cardiovascular and renoprotective attributes in non-diabetic population.

Agreed, it’s a crazy class of drugs.

Thanks.
Would love to get edumacated on the
MOA ~ “how” all of this GLP-a crap works lol.

I’m jealous of mom’s results and good for her. Nothing kills my appetite. I have issues lol.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear