Registered
Newbies
For those who regularly consume large amount of carbohydrates,

What supplements do you take?
With/before/between meals?
Do you space your carbs?
Limit carbs before bed?
Add sugars or keep it lower glycemic?

I’m pushing near 800 carbs daily and at this point I’m starting to think I should start to incorporate more things to manage them.

berberine works, verified by studies
R-Ala is great
Cinnamon

i take Metformin and Semaglutide to keep insulin sensitivity high but as you have asked for non pharma, those 3 should be great
Berberine 3x500 30min before meals
R-Ala 300mg before meals
cinnamon with meals

most carbs around workouts

I use these and I am NOT trying to be an ass but many overlook these tools and for NON-DRUG options one would be hard pressed to manage high carb intake better with anything else I can think of.

1659206000163.png 1659206039857.png 1659206079678.png 1659206117505.png 1659206156078.png 1659206180394.png

R-Ala is great
Cinnamon

i take Metformin and Semaglutide to keep insulin sensitivity high but as you have asked for non pharma, those 3 should be great
R-Ala 300mg before meals
cinnamon with meals

Not to derail the thread, but how long have you been using semaglutide? How do you dose it? What benefits are you noticing from it?

I eat a reasonably High carb diet as I do not tolerate fats well in any significant quantities and I'm pretty active; my maintenance is around 5500kcals @ 87kg 12% bf.

I generally tollerate carbs very well - they do not lead to BG control issues or fat gain for me.

I start everyday except sunday with either 60 moderate intensity work & 30 mins high intensity intervals or 90 moderate intensity work. I train a high intensive low volume resistance training program in the evenings OR do Olympic lifts.

I do however also use GH to allow me to train so frequently and therefore pre-emptivly use

Berberine 600mg X 3 per day (was 400mg but supplier changed dose)
Bromelain x 3 per day
R-ala 300mg x 3 per day
Biotin x 2 per day
Chromium x 2 per day
Citrus bergamot x 1 a day

Sorry don't know the doses of other sups but I'm basically using them in line with suppliers instructions.

I eat 6 meals a day however do slightly favour pre & post workout meal but not by any significant amount.

Carb sources are oats, rice, potatoes, starchy veg, bananas etc I generally stay away from sugary foods not cause I'm some Pius clean eating cunt, I'm just not that much of a fan of sugary processed foods 😂

Berberine gave me the shits

@danieltx would be good to ask. I know he consumes a high calorie/carb diet

I use these and I am NOT trying to be an ass but many overlook these tools and for NON-DRUG options one would be hard pressed to manage high carb intake better with anything else I can think of.
For someone new yes.
For those who have a clue on what they’re doing, how are various scales and a mirror going to help nutrient partitioning and blood glucose management in a higher carbohydrate surplus?
Like “oops I gained weight when trying to bulk.. maybe I should eat more fats and less carbs with equated calories?”
They might be useful for people new but no one on this forum should be new..
I’ve been weighing my food and tracking my macros for over 12 years :rolleyes:

Ala 400-600 mg
Cinnamon = always Ceylon cinnamon

Berberine and biotin was already mentioned

Edit: apparently white kidney bean extract too

Not to derail the thread, but how long have you been using semaglutide? How do you dose it? What benefits are you noticing from it?
im using in since feb in different dosages.
I stumpled upon it due to my heart condition and ive read an article about how in the US it is currently studied for heart failure.
It seems to have a ton of health benefits and i am sure will be a major force in disease management in future (apart from diabetese)
it has some unique features that even experts are not sure where they come from (e.g. the positive effects on the heart or kidneys in non diabetics can not really be explained right now if i am correct)

i always injected eod instead of once weekly for smoother levels and less sides.
during my cut (march-may) ive gone up to 0,4mg eod. Works good to lower appetite. Since the end of cut, i am using 0,15mg eod just for its positive effects on insulin sensitivity and other metabolic health features without blunting my appetite too much.
the negative thing with semaglutide is that it bloats you a lil bit. I would def. drop it the last 2 weeks before an event. if you go to the beach regularely you should either lower the dosage even more (0,25mg weekly is also sufficient for improving insulin sensitivity) or drop it during that time

D
R-Ala is great
Cinnamon

R-Ala 300mg before meals
cinnamon with meals

You use Semaglutide even when "growing" doesn't it reduces hunger?

D

You use Semaglutide even when "growing" doesn't it reduces hunger?
ive explained it in my post before yours. YOu probably oversaw it. :)
it does reduce appetite a bit, but i am one of those guys who "grows" pretty easy but has to dig deep down with the calories to get below 12% BF.
So for me, it is a great tool.
and @MasteroniPepperoni is correct. But there are other benefits that semaglutide offers. Reading the papers of the studies is a good insight in GLP-1 agonists.

I am currently waiting for Tirzepatide. Its a GLP-1 and at the same time a GIP agonist. It has promising studies behind it.
Works even better than semaglutide

very nice paper that you guys should read if you are interested

this picture is a great summary
1659271514471.png

For someone new yes.
For those who have a clue on what they’re doing, how are various scales and a mirror going to help nutrient partitioning and blood glucose management in a higher carbohydrate surplus?
Like “oops I gained weight when trying to bulk.. maybe I should eat more fats and less carbs with equated calories?”
They might be useful for people new but no one on this forum should be new..
I’ve been weighing my food and tracking my macros for over 12 years :rolleyes:

You asked for NON-DRUG options. Soooooo other than GDA's that were mentioned what else do you think there is? Were you looking for spells and enchantments one can cast to magically shuttle everything where you want it? In that case I recommend throwing salt over your left shoulder, has to be left don't even ask what happens if you go right. Then hop on one leg and howl at the moon......proceed to eat your carbs. You now have the "secret."

I even said not trying to be an ass...................well now I am. I can't for the life of me understand why people leave here after years and don't come back.......................

Ala 400-600 mg
Cinnamon = always Ceylon cinnamon

Berberine and biotin was already mentioned

Edit: apparently white kidney bean extract too

White kidney supposedly works by decreasing carb breakdown and absorption in the GI. I personally would not want to go that route. ANYTHING that inhibits digestion should be avoided IMO. At that point simply eating less should be the choice as what's the point of eating carbs to block their absorption, not to mention the bathroom trips that will be effected.

Ver
White kidney supposedly works by decreasing carb breakdown and absorption in the GI. I personally would not want to go that route. ANYTHING that inhibits digestion should be avoided IMO. At that point simply eating less should be the choice as what's the point of eating carbs to block their absorption, not to mention the bathroom trips that will be effected.
Very true! Wkb more suitable for unplanned cheat meals , not frequent

We want sensitivity to insulin so glucose is actually driven into the muscle. The others do that well.

Good point

I even said not trying to be an ass...................well now I am. I can't for the life of me understand why people leave here after years and don't come back.......................
comes off more as mood-swings over being an ass considering your next post contains an explanation of a supplement that can be utilized is constructive compared to initially telling people on a professional-based forum to step on a scale lol.
I get moody on low carb as well though so no hurt feelings

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity