over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Noopept...experiences from a long term user

Neuroprotective and nootropic drug noopept rescues α-synuclein amyloid cytotoxicity.

AuthorsJia X, et al. Show all Journal
J Mol Biol. 2011 Dec 16;414(5):699-712. doi: 10.1016/j.jmb.2011.09.044. Epub 2011 Oct 1.

Affiliation
Abstract
Parkinson's disease is a common neurodegenerative disorder characterized by α-synuclein (α-Syn)-containing Lewy body formation and selective loss of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra. We have demonstrated the modulating effect of noopept, a novel proline-containing dipeptide drug with nootropic and neuroprotective properties, on α-Syn oligomerization and fibrillation by using thioflavin T fluorescence, far-UV CD, and atomic force microscopy techniques. Noopept does not bind to a sterically specific site in the α-Syn molecule as revealed by heteronuclear two-dimensional NMR analysis, but due to hydrophobic interactions with toxic amyloid oligomers, it prompts their rapid sequestration into larger fibrillar amyloid aggregates. Consequently, this process rescues the cytotoxic effect of amyloid oligomers on neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells as demonstrated by using cell viability assays and fluorescent staining of apoptotic and necrotic cells and by assessing the level of intracellular oxidative stress. The mitigating effect of noopept against amyloid oligomeric cytotoxicity may offer additional benefits to the already well-established therapeutic functions of this new pharmaceutical.

Copyright © 2011 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Noopept is said to be one of the strongest Piracetam analogues available, and works similarly in terms .

Anyone that's used noopept, do you have better memory recall, even at night after a long day at work? My brain seems handicapped at night.

This has had my attention for weeks. One of the major things I am concerned about is what happens when it is discontinued.

-Is there a temporary drop in brain function before returning to baseline, or has a "new normal" (higher baseline) been created?

I don't want to risk putting myself in a mentally depressed state when stopping, nor do I want any dependence.

Last edited:
This has had my attention for weeks. One of the major things I am concerned about is what happens when it is discontinued.

-Is there a temporary drop in brain function before returning to baseline, or has a "new normal" (higher baseline) been created?

I don't want to risk putting myself in a mentally depressed state when stopping, nor do I want any dependence.

This was posted from another forum from a noopept user. Here is an excerpt and the link:

"If you don't go over 30mg of daily dosage withdrawal symptoms seem non-existent. When I was taking stupidly high doses (100mg BID) for two weeks straight I did notice a withdrawal. When I abruptly went from 200mg/day to 0mg/day I noticed quite bad depression and also a 3 hour session of suicidal ideation (while driving through the mountains).... which in retrospect, is quite terrifying.

That's why staying within the recommended dosage is highly advisable in my opinion. And honestly, there's no reason to go over 30mg a day unless you're looking for very transient euphoria (like 1-3 days of extreme serenity followed by a sudden and disappointing drop-off to base-line).

No lasting negative effects that I've noticed though."

Noopept - long-term experience (more than a simple nootropic) - Brain Health - LONGECITY

Thanks for sharing that link. Post #14 has good info as well.

"...Then, when suddenly stopping noopept usage, on the first day, the second (and possibly the third to some degree) a little bit of withdrawal can be felt. However I'm not sure it's a real rebound effect though. I'm suspecting that I'm still functioning better than without noopept altogether, even though it feels like a set-back (i.e. it never really goes beyond baseline).

What happens thereafter is interesting. When the immediate withdrawal subsides (after a day or two - don't be intimidated by the word 'withdrawal') I still notice a lingering effect for a long time. My brain is still feeling the improvements of noopept (better social interaction) even though I've been through the 'withdrawal' phase. Compare this to what cerebrolysin users report when taking breaks. There seems to be some lasting changes!"

That's promising, though I realize it varies from person to person (i.e, non-responders, hyper-responders).

Benefits of NOOPEPT

Learning and memory:

*Enhanced drive and motivation.
*Improved memory, learning ability, and recall. Compared to piracetam, Noopept enhances not only the memory consolidation stage but also the memory retrieval steps.
*Helps catalyze the associative connections formation and improve communications between the right and left hemispheres of the brain.

Neuroprotection:

*Helps reduce damage to the brain brought by oxidative stress the same as human neurons apopsis
*An anti-oxidant that has an antagonizing effect on calcium excess.

Promotes brain health:

*Can be used to relieve effects of brain injuries, ischemia, and prenatal damage
*Improves age-related mental degeneration and decline
*Can help with amnesia.

Noopept helps to restore memory and cognitive functions, disturbed as a result of brain injury, ischemia, hypoxia, the effects of alcohol and other toxic substances.

2 straight weeks of using it. My mind is clearer and I can recall things a bit more clearly. Maybe a smaller sense of well being...otherwise mild to me so far but I am going to do 60 days before I really chime in more on it.

Keeps your eyes open as a new nootropic combo stack including noopept and other neurological enhancers is coming out in the near future. It will also be a somatostatin inhibitor. It's being formulated at this point in time.

Post from a noopept user...

"I’m convinced that Noopept is the best traditional nootropic drug available in terms of price and efficacy."

Keeps your eyes open as a new nootropic combo stack including noopept and other neurological enhancers is coming out in the near future. It will also be a somatostatin inhibitor. It's being formulated at this point in time.

This will be a great stack for many people :)

Last edited:
Post from a Superior noopept user at another forum...

"A little update... I am doing noopet 2xd and so is my wife. I do believe its working for both. Enough for me to order 8 bottle before the bogo went off we will blow thru 2 bottles a month. It is g2g give you a good sense of well being and mind is sharper. I actually feel a little more comfortable talking to new people now."

Comparative activity of proline-containing dipeptide noopept and inhibitor of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 sitagliptin in a rat model of developing diabetes.

AuthorsOstrovskaya RU, et al. Show all Journal
Bull Exp Biol Med. 2014 Jan;156(3):342-6. doi: 10.1007/s10517-014-2345-z. Epub 2014 Jan 15.

Affiliation
Abstract
Developing diabetes was modeled on adult male Wistar rats by repeated intraperitoneal injections of streptozotocin in a subdiabetogenic dose of 30 mg/kg for 3 days. Proline-containing dipeptide drug Noopept or a standard diabetic drug dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor sitagliptin was administered per os in a dose of 5 mg/kg before each injection of the toxin and then for 16 days after streptozotocin course. In active control group, spontaneously increase glucose level and reduced tolerance to glucose load (1000 mg/kg intraperitoneally) were observed on the next day after the third administration of toxin. Basal glucose level decreased by day 16, but glucose tolerance remained impaired. Noopept normalized the basal blood glucose level and tolerance to glucose load on the next day after administration of streptozotocin. The effect of Noopept persisted to the end of the experiment. At early terms of the experiment, sitagliptin was somewhat superior to Noopept by the effect on baseline glucose level, but was inferior by the influence on glucose tolerance.. By the end of the experiment, Noopept significantly (by 2 times) surpassed sitagliptin by its effect on glucose tolerance.

Soon we will have our noopept, huperzine A combo nootropic/somatostatin inhibitor liquid coming out. :)

If you have experience with noopept please post your experiences.

I felt it lowered anxiety, and gave me a clear head. Def was not an placebo as I am an experienced user or piracetam, oxiracetam, aniracetam, and picamillion. I enjoy noopept more than any other nootropic to be honest. It hits hard and really helps with focus as well....its way safer than some of those addictive focus drugs too(I feel better using it over prescriptions)

I felt it lowered anxiety, and gave me a clear head. Def was not an placebo as I am an experienced user or piracetam, oxiracetam, aniracetam, and picamillion. I enjoy noopept more than any other nootropic to be honest. It hits hard and really helps with focus as well....its way safer than some of those addictive focus drugs too(I feel better using it over prescriptions)

I'm going to give it a run in September when I have to be more focused. I'll try MIND FUEL that has noopept, huperzine A, ginkgo, ginseng, and Vinpocetine.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws