over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

North Americas and 21yo Overall Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Tenny issue. Everyone knows he can be a smart ass at times and has an ego issue :D but thats Tenny.

But Tenny also has put in alot of hard work, knows his shit, contributes more to the board and helps out members with questions and answers them honestly. Hes built a better physique then most the members on here trying to bash him (hell you have one member (Dallas?) just joined to jump in here and defend this kid and nothing else) or turn his words around to something he didnt say. Im no judge but I think he could hold his own against this kid in a show.

well you can have all the ego in the world, but you must be respecfull. To say that someone haven't deserved or was given away a trophy (pro card in this case) and I am more deserved or would have won that trophy (pro card) - when you make those two statements in one sentence it is VERY VERY VERY disrespectfull for an athlete who has won it, especially when you even haven't try do battle for it. Dallas has an athlete background and I sure if Tenny and him would have competed against each other and Tenny would have won and Dallas placed second - Dallas would be the first person which would congratulate Tenny with the victory, no matter if he would think that he was better that night. I'm not saying that Tenny has to do so too, but he should not be saying that somone deserved smth, when he doesn't know how many sacrfices and work somoneone put to achieve what he has achieved. He could say that he would walked away with the pro card from that show, that's it and every member from this board would have had a great laugh and skip the part that Dallas was given away the trophy and he haven't deserved it, when he haven't even tried to battle for it himself.

my gym s full of people who could have or would have got their pro card, it has a few people in it who actually got up on stage were the best there and got their pro card without the ego and bullshit.

Guess which group are decent people who deserve some respect?

Before you speak (or type), THINK:

T - is it true?
H - is it helpful?
I - is it inspiring?
N - is it necessary?
K - is it kind?

Very impressive.
Says a lot about Shelby

I think people have a certain "pro standard" image in their heads when judging new pro card winners. I didn't look at other pics than the ones in this thread so I have no opinion on whether this guy should have won, but don't forget to consider the standard in the show... sometimes it's higher and sometimes it's lower but certain winners will get a pro card even if they were alone in their class - all according to the rules. I actually think the judging is amazingly good and consistent in high level shows considering the subjective nature of the sport/pageant, so this guy probably won fairly.

But fact of the matter is that not all the best bodybuilders are pros, and a few dudes who might struggle to win local shows have their cards. That's why you have guys saying, "this guy is a pro??!!" Fans expect a certain standard for all pros but that's not reality. Relating to this, I remember athletes rep Bob Chicherillo saying that masters class winners should not get any pro card... if you're not good enough to win the open why should you get a pro card when the top 5 in the open might have beaten the masters winner who got the card? It brings the standard down.

I don't really think anyone is hating on the guy, it's just that we want pros to be the tip of the top in bodybuilding so that the title means something extra special.

As far as wondering how this kid affords the lifestyle, of course everyone will wonder, but perhaps it's best to wonder in private. :D

John O' Reagan

I want to first congratulate all who competed this weekend and 2nd wanna say WOW this kid Dallas McCarver has a bright future, 21yo superheavy overall winner:eek:

John O' Reagan..prepped Dallas for the North American..is that you Mighty John?...O' Reagan..has prepped many competitors over the years including a couple of friends of mine.. I used to see him at all the national level shows.

As for Dallas..he seems like a nice guy..who seemed shocked about his win..he has a great physique.. and certainly has the potential climb up the ranks given time.

H2C2

I guess thats toward me. Here is the problem I have. I see this guy win his pro card and there are posts about "he must do gay for pay" ..."his mom and dad must pay for his drugs or he is a high school dealer"..... IM so tired of the "well that guy accomplished something, if only i had enough drugs I could accomplish something too" schtick......

It really wasn't directed at you, your posts have some thought and reasoning behind them, it was more directed at some of the dumber one liners I read. The problem is, when I read these threads, I generally ignore the really stupid posts, like the gyno comments, the gay4pay comments, the drug comments, they are beyond retarded. AND those are the posts some people are bashing, as they should be.

Now I had to reread this entire thread, which was distasteful lol, I don't really like my first post either, it was a bit negative. I have a bit of problem with current judging stardards, I think structure is overly awarded. I think the whole "minimalist" midsection thing and "12 year old boy hips" are overly awarded. How is it that we are after maximal development everywhere EXCEPT for the midsection. I know how it creates the X-frame, and makes everything else look bigger, but shouldn't we be beyond these visual illusions in professional judging?

All this angst comes from my own child baring hip structure I'm sure, but I think it undermines a lot hard work.

This kid doesn't deserve being the target of my judging displeasure however, I realize that mistake.

Overall it was a weak field, but he does deserve loads of respect, ESPECIALLY for that conditioning, and for the fact that a frame that big is damn hard to fill out, at any age, let alone 21.

Don't confuse my statements in this thread with some of the more belligerent haters.

It really wasn't directed at you, your posts have some thought and reasoning behind them, it was more directed at some of the dumber one liners I read. The problem is, when I read these threads, I generally ignore the really stupid posts, like the gyno comments, the gay4pay comments, the drug comments, they are beyond retarded. AND those are the posts some people are bashing, as they should be.

Now I had to reread this entire thread, which was distasteful lol, I don't really like my first post either, it was a bit negative. I have a bit of problem with current judging stardards, I think structure is overly awarded. I think the whole "minimalist" midsection thing and "12 year old boy hips" are overly awarded. How is it that we are after maximal development everywhere EXCEPT for the midsection. I know how it creates the X-frame, and makes everything else look bigger, but shouldn't we be beyond these visual illusions in professional judging?

All this angst comes from my own child baring hip structure I'm sure, but I think it undermines a lot hard work.

This kid doesn't deserve being the target of my judging displeasure however, I realize that mistake.

Overall it was a weak field, but he does deserve loads of respect, ESPECIALLY for that conditioning, and for the fact that a frame that big is damn hard to fill out, at any age, let alone 21.

Don't confuse my statements in this thread with some of the more belligerent haters.

Bodybuilding is about visual illusion,its the problem with todays standards is everyone is pushing the size envelope to make up for a shitty frame and they actually look worse doing so.

having just turned 22 myself this kid blows my mind. i could take all the drugs in the world and my muscles could never look that mature.

heres something to ponder.....

did it occur to anyone (except for those that know me)
that i may know the kid????
i may know nwho trained him....
i may know who the fuck got him started.....

lol, i know alot of people bros!!!!!!!!

ahahaha...my screen name isnt T-E-N-N-Y for nothing (tenn.)

some you choose to think that im bashing the guy right off the bat
and it really shows your ignorance.......BADLY!!!!

hell.....i know the kid dad

:cool:

I thought Tenny was your name because it rhymed with Lenny,well shit...and you are my evil twin brother;):D:p You ain't evil one bit, just being you:headbang:

I had to toss that out to throw you off:D

I thought Tenny was your name because it rhymed with Lenny,well shit...and you are my evil twin brother;):D:p You ain't evil one bit, just being you:headbang:

I had to toss that out to throw you off:D

LMAOOOO

:p

One of the single greatest posts ever lol. Tenny you crack me up.:headbang:

Tenny Told me early on after our talk :D
I didnt want to ruin his surprise though. He sure had me going!

Teny, I think I can beat you on stage. I really do.
I think Dallas Mc Carver can beat both of us.
I also think Phil Heath Can beat all 3 of us.
Your point is ?

Well then Kuuuuuuuuumon man. You and I have been doing this a long time, so you cant tell me your not impressed. It takes a long time to build muscle on a tall frame, and this kid did in a very short amount of time. I know I'm jealous as hell. I grind it out daily, put my body thru torture, take what I need to take, and in a few years he has more muscle maturity then I do after 20years.

Teny, I think I can beat you on stage. I really do.
I think Dallas Mc Carver can beat both of us.
I also think Phil Heath Can beat all 3 of us.
Your point is ?

If you've got more muscle or a better shape then Trenny, I gotta see pics.

John O' Reagan..prepped Dallas for the North American..is that you Mighty John?...O' Reagan..has prepped many competitors over the years including a couple of friends of mine.. I used to see him at all the national level shows.

No, definatly not Me, I have chatted with him several times, but not Me at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views