over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Not Good Cholesterol Results

Looking good, can you tell us what you have been doing or taking to improve your lipids ?

Stopped all alcohol and cigarettes.

Supplements daily:

200mg CQ10
4g Krill Oil
Multi-Vitamin (Life Extension 2 per day)
4g Citrus Bergamot (2g AM, 2g PM)
Vitamin K2
Garlic Extract

I was taking 750mg TUDCA and 900 NAC, but stopped that 3 weeks ago.

Diet is cleaner, lower in total fat.

Meal 1: Beef Mince 5%, 1/2 Avocado, 1TBPS EVOO
Meal 2: 40g Vegan Protein, Strawberries, Cream of rice, cinnamon.
*Train* (20g EAAS)
Meal 3: 1x Banana, 20g Vegan protein
Meal 4: Pasta, Chicken breast, 1x bowl of coco-pops
Meal 5: Jacket potato, salmon steak, prawns, 1 TBPS EVOO
Meal 6: Rice, 5% beef mince, 1 TBSP EVOO
Meal 7: 40g Vegan protein, almond butter

Add as many vegetables as I want to meals. Mostly courgette, tomato, peppers.

I think my HDL is genetically not great so that's what I have to work with. Avoid 17aa orals as they will lower further.

15mg Test E, 1 subq daily. No anti-E.

Stopped all alcohol and cigarettes.

Just curious. If you've been concerned about your cholesterol levels why have you waited until now to stop smoking? I think having cholesterols levels a little off is less risky than smoking and alcohol intake as far as overall health and longevity.

Just curious. If you've been concerned about your cholesterol levels why have you waited until now to stop smoking? I think having cholesterols levels a little off is less risky than smoking and alcohol intake as far as overall health and longevity.

I haven't had a cigarette since 11/2018 a year ago.

I wasn't a smoker per se. I had 1 or 2 when I had a drink 2-3x per month.

When my lipids skew something like that I get back in shape. Not talking about BBing but biking in the hills, step mil, heavy bag, grappling.. stuff like that. Of course a clean diet helps as well.

I have seen many studies over the last few years that seem to say that as Cholesterol levels fall below 150 the chance os stroke goes up. It seems that levels around 180 may be the most healthy the last I have seen but I haven't looked up much the last couple years. My levels have usually been around 140 with HDL of 40. And I have tried to get them up but don't have a lot of luck.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325650.php

I have also reduced my bodyweight form 220lbs to 200lbs most of it excess fat.

I may add Primo 400mg per week in a month or so to see what effect it has.

Not Terrible

Thought on my recent blood work and advice?

I need to bring up HDL, bring down LDL and get my cholesterol overall looking better I feel.

On TRT 90mg/wk of exogenous Test *(subq) 3x 30mg week. 2iu HUMATROPE our day. I add 300mg Primo Enan sometimes weekly, but haven't done this for 5+ weeks now. My last cycle using Test P/Tren/Var was March 2018.

I translate this (I'm in the UK so different measurements) to:

Total Cholesterol - 212.68 mg/dl
HDL - 30.93 mg/dl
LDL - 181.74 -
Trig - 106.28
Serum cholesterol/HDL ratio - 6.9

Using this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK33478/

Supplements:

400mg Curcumin per day
200mg Humanofort per day
2,700mg Omega-3 per day
2 Per Day - Life Extension
Vitamin K2 Complex
MacuGuard
1 TBPS Coconut Oil
100mg CQ10
600mg NAC per day
Injectable Vitamin B12 1000mcg 3x week

This is all fixable with diet but then again I don't know what your diet is. Thats what it looks like to me.

Read this article on Cholesterol Ratio

Those numbers aren't horrible
Much better than what mine are
I got on Lipitor - brought it down fast. LDL came down 40 points in a month

ha-CRP is a better indicator for heart disease now. Check your inflammory markers if you haven't already.

Cholesterol Ratio is a better indicator mine is 2.7 which is a good indicator of heart disease risk but I take a Statin too.

I would not recommend Niacin. I self prescribed myself Niacin for the cholesterol impact, and it had little to no effect. The only thing that happened was my AST and ALT got jacked UP outside the normal range. I have never taken an oral steroid, so the only thing I can attribute it to was the Niacin.

I would not recommend Niacin. I self prescribed myself Niacin for the cholesterol impact, and it had little to no effect. The only thing that happened was my AST and ALT got jacked UP outside the normal range. I have never taken an oral steroid, so the only thing I can attribute it to was the Niacin.

It can be hepatotoxic in a dose dependant manner, as well can cause ocular (eye) disturbances, in a dose dependant manner.

As for using it to help dyslipidemia or help increase HDL, there's other strategies one could implement. If an individual has genetically elevated Lp(a), niacin could be helpful.

This is all fixable with diet but then again I don't know what your diet is. Thats what it looks like to me.
Eh i disagree, as someone who has hereditary high cholesterol, diet has never helped me except when i was basically starving myself....

Honestly if ANYONE is willing to run an open log experiment with me id fulfill it to prove or disprove that diet alone is not the answer

if ur or ANYONE IS Willing to do an open log, and write me a diet to try, i can prove to u it honestly will not work for me... (But it might for others), but can honestly say it has NEVER really impacted my ldl and it had been 177 for close to 16 years.... Only one time did it drop to a few points below....and i was starving.....to death....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ratio of Triglycerides to HDL Predicts Cardiac Events at 10 Years

https://www.mdedge.com/cardiology/a...ycerides-hdl-predicts-cardiac-events-10-years

High triglyceride/HDL cholesterol ratio is associated with silent brain infarcts in a healthy population

https://bmcneurol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12883-019-1373-8

I have seen this countless times. People freak out over a high LDL level. The trig/HDL level is far, far more important. High carbs usually= high trigs. Half of those that have CV issues (heart attack, stroke) have normal or low LDL levels.

Eh i disagree, as someone who has hereditary high cholesterol, diet has never helped me except when i was basically starving myself....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you check the governments own guidelines( which I can't say I support for many things) you will see that they dropped the upper limit on cholesterol back in 2015. If you scroll down you will see that.

https://health.gov/dietaryguideline...ide-healthy-eating-patterns/#other-components

And this study suggests that dietary cholesterol is not very important from my reading.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6024687/

I have seen this countless times. People freak out over a high LDL level. The trig/HDL level is far, far more important. High carbs usually= high trigs. Half of those that have CV issues (heart attack, stroke) have normal or low LDL levels.

I just got my annual blood results. I was disappointed that my HDL dropped from 60 to 52 (loss of 8 points). And my LDL rose slightly from 88 to 95 (gained 7 points). HOWEVER I was pleased that my triglycerides dropped from 88 to 46 (dropped 42 points).

So my HDL/TG ratio is 0.9 which according to that article is supposed to be good.

Last edited:
if you go on a 0 fat diet your cholesterol will go down

I was on a cycle of test, Tren, npp, dbol with arimidex
And my cholesterol levels were fine because I ate an extremely clean diet.

hdl was low, but total cholesterol and ldl was also low

I didn’t eat any fat, only fat was from omega3 capsules, UDos choice capsules and trace amounts from chicken breast.

cholesterol levels is all diet, I had worse cholesterol off cycle when I ate like crap after I took a break from bodybuilding. My cholesterol level were always fine on cycle cause I ate an extremely strict diet

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws