over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

not looking good

I agree with that. Thats what is needed a total overhaul! If they file for BK can they ditch their contracts with the UAW?

I am not sure, I don't beleive in goverment involvement, except for this bail out money. We have to make them responsible.

To quote the chairman of the Senate Banking Committee:

Letting Chrysler, General Motors or Ford fail would be like playing "Russian roulette with the entire economy"

To quote the chairman of the Senate Banking Committee:

Letting Chrysler, General Motors or Ford fail would be like playing "Russian roulette with the entire economy"

I'm all for helping those who will help themselves... These guys are dinosaurs. The business model's they use are broken. If they want to retool the way they do businees, give them the "loan". Other wise, more of the same won't work. Honda and Toyota are off the charts right now. The big 3 should pay attention.

It's kind of like this guy I know. He hired this nutrition guy that had all of these clients with fantastic results. Instead of paying attention to the details of this fantastic program laid out by said nutrition guy, he was lax in measuring his macros, and thought why am I not losing fat very quickly? The fact was he wasn't following the proven plan.:cool:

It's kind of like this guy I know. He hired this nutrition guy that had all of these clients with fantastic results. Instead of paying attention to the details of this fantastic program laid out by said nutrition guy, he was lax in measuring his macros, and thought why am I not losing fat very quickly? The fact was he wasn't following the proven plan.:cool:

What a dumb ass.

Just my observation…

I don't think different, I don't work for no one, I depend on myself. Do you think that the goverment is going to give me any money to support my small business? I had 10 employees, now I have none, what about them, do they count? Unfortunately that is the way business operates, you need to diversify, which those greedy bastards do not. I am making a comfortuable living, even in this economy, because I did adjust. It is a loan LOL! Yea, they will pay that back. More than likely they will ask for more, and if you don't believe that, the top economists are predicting that. OK, give them the money after filing BK, and overhauling the companies. That means getting rid of those blood suckers that took every body's retirement money, while they laughed all the way to the bank.

I'm with you Pesty. I am self-employed myself… for almost 25 years. Hell, the only paid holidays or vacations I get ARE THE ONES I WORK. If I don't work, I don't get paid! I have learned one truth. Times change! Markets change! They always have and they always will. What did people do for work after the industrial revolution? Did government bailout all the blacksmiths in this country when the Model A hit the scene? What ever happened to steam locomotives? Did the world economy collapse or slowly adapt? Get where I am going with this? If I still used business methods I used 20+ years ago or relied on the clients I had in the 80's, I would be out of business. Businesses can adapt or it will die as markets change. Its just the cold hard facts. One thing I do know. Whatever the government or big 3 decide to do with the bailout, bankruptcy, or whatever. If the big 3 cannot provide management with vision and create a cost effective, hi-quality product that's in market demand, SOMEONE WILL. The transition will not be pretty or easy but if there is money to be made, someone will fill that need. Guaranteed.

If you look back to what happenen in with the railroads I believe in the sixties when they were failing you can learn lessons. We now use 2/3 less rail and deliver 60% more goods. The employees were cut be over 50% and production increased 60%.

It is difficult to sustain a model where you are paying an average of $73 an hour in wages and benefits and your competitior (Toyota) is averaging $43. Giving more money without strong mandates of changing the model is like painting a sinking boat, or having a flat and paying to rotate the tires and start driving back down the road.

All forest fires are not bad. If your camping in that forest yes. But if you have warning the fire is coming, you can and should move. There will be collateral damage, no doubt. But a lot is coming anyway, its just a question of when and at what cost to the taxpayer to sustain until we get there.
Anyone who feels that the existing pensions for retirees of the federal government, state government, local governments, and big three automakers can survive the next forty years is dreaming. They will all be modified.

I believe it was none other than the great "Red Hot Chili Peppers" who stated "Destruction leads to a very rough road but it also breeds creation".

These issues do not change my ideas of right and wrong. One poster said to another "I bet you wouldn't feel the same way if your family worked in the industry". That seems to indicate that for that poster the sense of what is best for our country should only be dictated by what is best for us individually. It kind of reminds me of a former partner I had. I covered all the expenses for the business for a year that we were supposed to be splitting them. The following year I ask him if he felt he owed his half of the expenses for the preceding year. His answer was "It depends on what the amount is". He understood this to be a valid answer. I understood it to mean you either agreed to pay or did not agree to pay.

I for one have made decisions, and supported some decisions that are not in my best interest but are in the best interest of a greater whole, whether it be my company, my community, or my country.

B4 the flamethrowers come out, I will submit that I have been tremendously hurt financially by some changes in the economy. My livin gf has just lost her job, yesterday. It will be a very tough one to replace as she was at a high level in a narrow field for my city.

^ Pekkerwood has some really good points there.

How high does the union think wages can go before there is a breaking point? Part of my job description is trade show coordinator, and I handle show all across the states. The most expensive shows are the ones that have union workers such as Las Vegas, Chicago, etc. An example is in Vegas, they want to charge $87 per hour for straight time and overtime is $164 per hour for any electrical work that needs to be done to your booth. I've been told I couldn't even put in a light bulb. Of course the min time is an hour, so $87 for an electrician to put in a light bulb. What happens if you do it yourself... I came in the next morning and one of my displays had be run over by a lift truck.

Now the economy is a mess and companies are hurting, so they cut back on spending. Trade shows are the first place they cut, so they opt out of going to most of their regular shows. It trickles down too... hotel, restaurants, air-lines, car rental, etc. With less companies showing this year, those electricians suddenly have less light bulbs to put in.

I work in the flooring industry which has been hit hard by the housing crisis. The #1 carpet manufacturer, Shaw Industries, announced they are laying off 3% of their work force and closing plants. Mohawk is another large manufacturer has laid off 1,000 works so far over the past year. They are expecting more to come. Now both these companies had a lot of "deadwood" but this goes beyond that. These are mill workers... some have been with the company over 20-30 years. This town has been hit hard too.

I wanna be a laid off auto worker...you get the 350-400 the state pays plus 400 a week from co and fully benifits and insurance...thats 39k a year! This is just a small piece in a big picture of why this buisness model just doesn't work anymore. 80million in lobbyist for Obama?

Sheesh guys - but whoever did not see this coming must have been sleeping?

You guys will be seeing the most disturbing things in 2009 ever thought possible over thier and if it escalates expect civil unrest.

Same with us over here - it isnt geting any better

Both the US and UK have used their fiscal powers for interest rates and that doesnt seem to be helping...so where now? Devaluation? Hyperinflation?

Expect 2009 to be a REALLY BAD experience for all of us.

I work for a major liquor distributor. We've been so busy, we just HIRED 3 new guys. When people have money, they drink. When people are broke, they drink. The only difference we've noticed is the number of cases of grey goose have decreased, while the number of well liquors have increased.

GIVING THEM THE MONEY WILL NOT HELP THEM.. they have no plan to weather this crisis.. all you will be doing is delaying the inevitable.. too much money paid over the years to the ceo's and union .. all have milked the worker.. all the ceo's, union leaders and even the labor will have to take a pay cut.. but, you do not see the ceo or union willing to do that to keep open.. silly..

It is difficult to sustain a model where you are paying an average of $73 an hour in wages and benefits and your competitior (Toyota) is averaging $43.

this is bullshit! we don't average $73 an hour. The company took what retiree costs are and put them in our wages. We make the same fucking money. I guess we should just go kill all the retirees?

I work for a major liquor distributor. We've been so busy, we just HIRED 3 new guys. When people have money, they drink. When people are broke, they drink. The only difference we've noticed is the number of cases of grey goose have decreased, while the number of well liquors have increased.

Southern Spirits?

GIVING THEM THE MONEY WILL NOT HELP THEM.. they have no plan to weather this crisis.. all you will be doing is delaying the inevitable.. too much money paid over the years to the ceo's and union .. all have milked the worker.. all the ceo's, union leaders and even the labor will have to take a pay cut.. but, you do not see the ceo or union willing to do that to keep open.. silly..

I got a great idea Lats, get rid of the unions and then you won't have to cut the employees pay. I agree, giving them the money without any plan is stupid:mad:

Southern Spirits?

Olinger Distributors. They have the only rights to ship out 50% of Indiana's liquor and wine. Another company called National has the rights to the rest. 10-15k cases a of booze loaded each nite.

i like having sex with corpses but when i tell people about it they look at me all weird and start treating me different and stuff, so usually i just dont' say nothing

maybe we should move this to discussnecrophiliacissues.com

Ive seen a few shows on you then i think.:confused: :eek:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner