over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Not sore muscles mean recovered?

superbeast22

Registered
From what I understand, just cuz a muscle is not sore anymore doesnt mean its fully recovered... can anyone get me some backing on this or shed some light?

Someone got in an argument with me today about if a muscle isnt sore its fully recovered and I know this to not be true... I guess I could be wrong...

Insight anyone?

From what I understand, just cuz a muscle is not sore anymore doesnt mean its fully recovered... can anyone get me some backing on this or shed some light?

Someone got in an argument with me today about if a muscle isnt sore its fully recovered and I know this to not be true... I guess I could be wrong...

Insight anyone?

Hmm.. not sure if this helps but I know the only time I get really sore is if I start a new program after rest, or do high intensity + high volume. Anything high intensity + low volume (DC, etc) I'm rarely sore.

^^same as above, I only feel sore after a good break or so, but the rest of the time I get really pumped during the workout, but after the workout I don't get sore.^^

not really what i was getting at, im looking for a study that proves that just because a muscle isnt sore doesnt mean its done repairing itself.

you are correct

i found this small article but i don't know who wrote it or who exactly performed the study........

It's a common belief if muscle soreness has eased, you can train that muscle group again. However, researchers from the USA have shown that your muscles are still recovering from exercise even though they no longer feel sore. The study tracked a group of men who took part in an intense leg workout. Muscle soreness was measured in the days following exercise. Although the men reported no soreness after 3 days, tests showed that the muscles showed signs of damage for up to 5 days after exercise. Muscle strength was also reduced for almost one week after training. One of the most common reasons for lack of results in the gym is overtraining. If you train your muscles before they have recovered fully, they won't be able to adapt - which means little or no progress. In short, training each muscle group once each week (unlike the drug-assisted routines of professional bodybuilders) is sufficient for you to make continued progress in both strength and size, and also ensures that you avoid overtraining. This is why split routines where you train once bodypart once a week, using a 2, 3 or 4 day split routine per week works so well for results and motivation!

Tom is correct. Full glycongen replinshment takes place at 24 hrs (aprox) after depletion. This is to fully restore muscle glycogen fully. Sure you may not be sore but the muscle is still under repair. Some studies have shown recovery in 24-48 hours after training, but this also depends on many factors, such as rest, nutrition, aas, and intensity of training. If 100% natural then the process may take longer, after all, aas only speed up the healing time!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131