over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Not sure how to take this

Jello

Moderator/Kilo Klub
Staff member
Registered
I was at work today and toward the end of the day it got somewhat slow and I grabbed my book out of my truck and sat down in my office to read.

I was sitting there reading when one of my employees walked in and looked at me and says

"You read?" with a totally confused look on his face.

I said "Well that should be pretty fucking obvious since I have this book in my hand why?"

He said "I figured you just lifted weights"

to which I reminded him that "You have to exercise your brain as well as the rest of your muscles and that's why I make as much as I do and you make as much as you do, maybe you should start reading."

OK, that last part may have been a little rude in hind sight, but I found myself actually a little offended. So I get home and tell my loving wife what this dip shit said to me and she comforts me by telling me that if she didn't know me she would probably be surprised to see a book in my hands as well. Then tries to make that not sound so bad by saying that I just make the book look small:rolleyes:

I know we tend to have people look at us like meat heads, and being on these boards you get to see plenty of people prove that stereotype, but I think that's the first time I've ever had someone reference me that way.

I don't really know the point of this, just a rant, or maybe seeing if you guys have experienced things like that.

lmfaooo that made my day bro.

People are just dumb , they ask dumb questions ignore it lol.

If you told a fat person you were surprised to see them reading since you thought they only ate society would look at that as much worse.:banghead:

Fat people can read, but struggle with reading nutritional facts.

I'm used to having to explain why I eat certain foods, or don't drink, or why I'll cut out early from a party because I have to train early the next day. It's just part of the life style we live and most don't understand it, like I said though, this was a first for me.

you should have told him no i just look at the pictures.....

See the guys i work with all constantly question why i eat what i eat, why i dont drink etc just like you said, but i guess that life, people question a lot when they dont know about something....which is fair enough

I find though that many people i meet out on the street or few freinds will always say (after they've gotten to know the real me) oh i thought you was just meat head, loved yourself, etc etc. And they also get very surprised when i tell them what i do for a living and surprise surprise its not lifting weights!:star-:ars

you should have told him no i just look at the pictures.....

LOL! :p

Similar to your story, Jello, my gf had an appointment with her lawyer the other day (they've somewhat become friends over the years, which explains the following quote), and when she arrived in his office he welcomed her saying a nice: "Hey, you didn't bring your He-Man with you today?"... :rolleyes:

To which she replied, very upset (and she's not nice at all when she's upset, believe me lol :p): "You fucker, however famous and wealthy you may be (he is), you'll never have half JC's brains and let's not even speak about kindness of heart. Don't ever talk about him again that way or you're gonna get a slap in your face".

He tried to reply something along the lines of "I was joking, I know he's smart... blah blah blah", and she was like: "just shut up now".

I love my girl. :)

My wife told me that the first time we met she thought I looked "kinda scary". She married me anyway. ;)

I blame the media.

He's been inundated with all those Planet Fitness commercials. If you're big and lift weights you must be some kind of moron.

The person that said that to you is very ignorant bro....that was most def. a shot taken at you...I dont think anyone could read this and think other wise. The "He-man" comment...well that was more on the joking side it seemed...however P's gf was just having his back and was prob upset to begin with...after all who walks into an attl office in a good mood?

But that was def. a cheap shot taken at you and you should not have to deal with comments like that. I feel for you...and respect the fact that you didnt get up and make him/her eat that book like I would of.

See the guys i work with all constantly question why i eat what i eat, why i dont drink etc just like you said, but i guess that life, people question a lot when they dont know about something....which is fair enough

I find though that many people i meet out on the street or few freinds will always say (after they've gotten to know the real me) oh i thought you was just meat head, loved yourself, etc etc. And they also get very surprised when i tell them what i do for a living and surprise surprise its not lifting weights!:star-:ars

If any man ask you...."why do you eat the way you do?" The best thing to do is pull up your shirt infront of there wife or girlfriend....the look on her face/puddle on the floor will do all the talking LOL

I have these comments a few times once when I was at my old gym one of the guys said I didnt't know you built computers then my reply was that I was an electronic tech. His reply was he thought I had some type other type of job nothing like this. Then when me and my wife was on vacation on a cruise they were going around the table asking everyone what they did for a living. When it got to me and I told them they just looked shocked I was wearing a tank at the time. I now don't let it bother me and just blow it off.

LOL! :p

Similar to your story, Jello, my gf had an appointment with her lawyer the other day (they've somewhat become friends over the years, which explains the following quote), and when she arrived in his office he welcomed her saying a nice: "Hey, you didn't bring your He-Man with you today?"... :rolleyes:

To which she replied, very upset (and she's not nice at all when she's upset, believe me lol :p): "You fucker, however famous and wealthy you may be (he is), you'll never have half JC's brains and let's not even speak about kindness of heart. Don't ever talk about him again that way or you're gonna get a slap in your face".

He tried to reply something along the lines of "I was joking, I know he's smart... blah blah blah", and she was like: "just shut up now".

I love my girl. :)

I don't even know your girl and I love her already....... I agree with her completely you are special human being JC. The world should have many more people like you.

Last edited:
My initial response to your story was based on ugly bias. I thought "WTF would Jello expect to hear from a car mechanic?" Ouch on me. See, people can really suck. Moi.

I am a pathological reader myself. As I type this in bed with 2 of my dogs and one of my cats, (wifey is getting the kids ready for school downstairs) I am currently reading a paper back, a book on my iPad, and Im listening to a book on my iPod. I absolutely NEVER watch TV. (cept for the Disney channel with the little monsters)

But here is a question for you. I like to fuck with people a little bit and act like a neaderthal. People think I watch MMA all day long. Other than your freakish large size - 70lbs heavier than me. And Im not skinny, do you radiate scholarship, or the look of a meat head? I dunno?

I had a girl I was dating say with complete frustration - "why do you insist on playing the oaf who whallows in his own ignorance?" She had a lot of respect for my intellect, less so for my sociopathic (FYI - the PC term is now Anti-Social personality disorder). That comment struck home. I vividly remember responding with a request for an oral genital massage.

Last edited:
i get that alot also , i love to read National Geographic , my grandmother got me a life time subscription when i was 9 and ive been reading ever since. I also have some books on my Nook (how gay does that sound)

Another thing i get alot is that peolke see body builders as cumbersome and slow , i actualy won $50 from 2 figherfighters that are big i nto cross fit who had this oppinion so we ran a 40yd and 100yd sprint , they both said they would never imagine that sombody a hundred pounds thevier than them could out run them , but when you explain that your have twice as much muscle in your legs ...

I dont think your response was rude at all-very appropriate. Im getting pissed off with fat idiots telling me what i should be eating and that eggs are gonna kill me-i need to eat bread its a staple etc,and then theres people saying i need to get some bodyfat-its unhealthy being too lean(im about 10% which isnt even that lean really). Doesnt matter that i havnt had so much as a cold for about 4 years-the shit i eat aint good for me:rolleyes: I think a lot of the guys that get on at ya are just insecure as theyd like to be big and stong but are for the most part lazy and jealous. We do unfortuantly have that image as meat heads but when you read these boards( other bodybuilding boards too) there are some very intelligent guys

Sorry for the rant-just a subject thats been annoying me lately

I don't even know your girl and I love her already....... I agree with her completely you are special human being JC. The world should have many more people like you.

We spent August in your native country, Tony! A few days in Athens, and then off to the Cyclades Islands: Ios, Paros, Naxos, Mykonos, Santorin, 4 days each. Was a nice break. :)

What part of Greece are you from?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828