over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Not the best topic 😬

Barbie81

Featured Member / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Hey everyone 😊
So in February I had a hysterectomy (kept ovaries)... n my surgeons last words were,, 'Dont lift heavy weights!' 😩 my head went a bit to be honest... spent recovery reading up on samey, dated, basic online info,,, that Is not really aimed at 30 somethings,,, and definitely not relevant to weight lifting,,, the best I got was dont lift heavier than 15kgs!!!! Come on!! 😐
So wanted to ask if any female member,, anyones wifes/girls or have any trainers had clients that have had a hysterectomy,,, and how they got on after, as far as training goes? Did they go back to their normal training? Did they have any limits? I have started training again,,, and want to know how far I can push myself again.. I know every women/body is different.. but any advice or useful info/tips would be MASSIVELY appreciated 💕

My wife had exact procedure in 2014 and has no limitations as far as weight. She doesn’t train super heavy but uses way more than 15k. Everyones recovery time is different but if/when your 100% it shouldn’t be an issue.

For what it's worth and please don't take this as me telling you to disregard your doctor but your doc will always always play it safe, even to your own detriment, just so they don't have to deal with any complications no matter how low the actual risk is. What does your body tell you? How do you feel? Is losing muscle getting to you mentally or is it just something where thats your life and you want to continue living your life the way you want?

My wife had exact procedure in 2014 and has no limitations as far as weight. She doesn’t train super heavy but uses way more than 15k. Everyones recovery time is different but if/when your 100% it shouldn’t be an issue.
Ahh thanks for the reply and that's good to know shes doing great and back training,,, I'm feeling more myself,,, just good to hear feedback,,, as I didnt have my follow up cause of covid... I have lifted 30kg but literally in the last few weeks,, and it felt good!.. so I will slowly increase over time.

For what it's worth and please don't take this as me telling you to disregard your doctor but your doc will always always play it safe, even to your own detriment, just so they don't have to deal with any complications no matter how low the actual risk is. What does your body tell you? How do you feel? Is losing muscle getting to you mentally or is it just something where thats your life and you want to continue living your life the way you want?
Thanks for the advice 😊 I'm actually feeling strong as I've started off body weight,,, then wore weighted vest .. now using bar n dumbbells an various bits I've got at home... yeah I think my head does feel messed up when i dont train and body composition changes,,, And think the before and after surgery itself was emotional.. And didnt put 110% in..But I can see my shape and muscles coming more defined again and my abs,, I'm lucky I got keyhole so no big scars... 🏆

Thanks for the advice 😊 I'm actually feeling strong as I've started off body weight,,, then wore weighted vest .. now using bar n dumbbells an various bits I've got at home... yeah I think my head does feel messed up when i dont train and body composition changes,,, And think the before and after surgery itself was emotional.. And didnt put 110% in..But I can see my shape and muscles coming more defined again and my abs,, I'm lucky I got keyhole so no big scars... 🏆

Muscle memory, all those years you put in don’t just wash away. Give it two weeks and instead of being down on yourself you’re going to be proud of how far you came so quickly and excited to go even further.

Don’t be down about it at all, go slow and it will all come roaring back and before you know it you’ll wake up one day not worried about any of this.

Muscle memory, all those years you put in don’t just wash away. Give it two weeks and instead of being down on yourself you’re going to be proud of how far you came so quickly and excited to go even further.

Don’t be down about it at all, go slow and it will all come roaring back and before you know it you’ll wake up one day not worried about any of this.
That's the best advice!!! Thankyou 🙂
Your right,, And I think I needed to hear that.

A lot of doctors have no clue as far as exercise. They will say blanket statements sometimes to patients. I can see any reason why a person could not go back to weight training no matter what surgery they had after their body heals and everything scars down. I would say listen to his recommendations for several weeks and then slowly return to your past baseline.

I'm sure the weight limitation your doctor gave you was for the recovery period. How long is the recovery period?

A lot of doctors have no clue as far as exercise. They will say blanket statements sometimes to patients. I can see any reason why a person could not go back to weight training no matter what surgery they had after their body heals and everything scars down. I would say listen to his recommendations for several weeks and then slowly return to your past baseline.
Yeah,, I agree,, I think the range of women in recovery where different shapes, sizes, ages,, and would of all been given the same aftercare.... I feel like I'm recovering well now I have got moving more and sticking to a diet and training plan ... and my scars are very small.. so have healed really well.. I didnt have any follow ups cause of covid... so that's why I asked in here if anyone could help .. as more common ground,, I also dont have facebook for the hyster sisters site recommended by the hospital... dint really like social media 😊

I'm sure the weight limitation your doctor gave you was for the recovery period. How long is the recovery period?
I was recommended 12 weeks recovery, And was supposed to get an 8 week follow up with my surgeon,, but got cancelled,, had a call off a different doctor and I asked about lifting and how heavy I could go.. she said go on how your body feels.
I have built up some strength and the swelling of my stomach has gone down.. feel like a new women hormonal wise... 🙂

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear