advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

notice a difference in performance with ubiquinol?

Matsuo Munefusa

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Do any of you guys that take ubiquinol notice a difference in performance? I've read plenty of studies the last few weeks about increase in muscular strength/endurance on 100-300mg ubiquinol but I haven't read much about people speaking anecdotally about whether they can tell a difference.

It seems like a pretty solid supplement to be running year around from a cardiovascular health standpoint.

Since my heart attack I have taken 200 mg in the AM and 200 in PM, 400 a day So nearly 12 years now. If you're on a statin I think it's a must since supposedly they say statins lower the level of coQ10.

I cant say for sure that I feel a difference since i have been taking it so long. I'd be surprised if anyone could feel it.

thanks Maldorf. Yeah it seems like one of those things people stay on permanently for sure, so whatever difference there was has long since been normalized. There are so many studies proving it increases muscular strength and endurance but so few people talking about how they felt an increase in strength when getting on it....kinda has me scratching my head about the studies....

This is why I take it, in addition to the fact that I'm on a statin:
"Clinical trials of patients with a severe form of heart disease called congestive heart failure were given 580 mg per day of ubiquinone. These patients found significant increases in blood levels of CoQ10 levels, along with excellent improvements in the ejection fraction of the heart (the heart’s ability to move blood) and improvement of the left ventricle, the part of the heart that sends blood out to the body."

"There is also some preliminary research evidence that suggests coenzyme Q10 may be helpful in cardiac arrhythmias, a type of heart issue where the heartbeat can become too fast or erratic."

I take the pure ubiquinol so your body doesn’t have to covert CoQ10 and will be absorbed better. Most of us here are enhanced so I don’t think any of us will feel it. I take it for heart health.

I use life extension Ubiquinol with mitochondrial support 200mg a day.. And at first when I started taking it and I was doing a lot of running, I just noticed I felt better recovery wise, I was able to catch my breathe easier and I felt keeping a pace and increasing the distance wasn’t as bad as when I was doing it before taking it.. It’s not magic but I did notice those slight increases before I even read about those particular benefits... I haven’t ran in about 2 month and plan to start again this coming week so I’m sure that’ll be hell again regardless of what I take lol

I use life extension Ubiquinol with mitochondrial support 200mg a day.. And at first when I started taking it and I was doing a lot of running, I just noticed I felt better recovery wise, I was able to catch my breathe easier and I felt keeping a pace and increasing the distance wasn’t as bad as when I was doing it before taking it.. It’s not magic but I did notice those slight increases before I even read about those particular benefits... I haven’t ran in about 2 month and plan to start again this coming week so I’m sure that’ll be hell again regardless of what I take lol

I wonder if the Shilajit in the LE product does anything. I remember buying it as "Moomiyo Russian Black Anabolic" back when I was 15 years old :D Shilajit is one of those mythical compounds that is supposed to cure everything.

I take a min 200 mg of ubiquinol a day, but can't say I can tell a difference. I will say that when I bumped it up to 400mg I felt something.....Maybe a placebo but more alert...I wasn't using any stims. I have heard that some people experience rapid heart rates at 400 mg, but haven't experienced that....Also, some exp insomnia but I haven't.

I forgot to say if Ubiquinol is taken before workouts instead of after it could give you that extra push when you need it like on your last set of an exercise. But nothing crazy.

Wayyy back in the days of DatBTrue's board there was a UK fella that swore by high quality bulk Coq10 powder dissolved in coconut oil.

This was when Beyond A Century was still around. I always liked them... had tons of health supplements and bulk powders in their early days. Anyway... I bought the Coq10 from there and dissolved it in the EVCO. I was clean or off aas for a few years at that point. Noticeable energy boost and recovery aid. Also, just felt 'good' on it. I remember loving that combo but at some point I stopped it. I think I had it figured to 400mg a day.

May give it a go again only w the umbiquinol

Wayyy back in the days of DatBTrue's board there was a UK fella that swore by high quality bulk Coq10 powder dissolved in coconut oil.

This was when Beyond A Century was still around. I always liked them... had tons of health supplements and bulk powders in their early days. Anyway... I bought the Coq10 from there and dissolved it in the EVCO. I was clean or off aas for a few years at that point. Noticeable energy boost and recovery aid. Also, just felt 'good' on it. I remember loving that combo but at some point I stopped it. I think I had it figured to 400mg a day.

Ubquinol is what coq10 is converted to and so you may very well be able to use a lower dose a d achieve the same result as you did with coq10.

Personally I take 400 a day.

I would guess that the studies that show it increased strength and stamina were not done on people that had not been training seriously for many years. For the average guy that drags himself to the gym to try to make it through a work out. He and other people staring out may notice more. I have taken it for years and can't say i noticed a difference.

Bushidobadboy if I recall correctly

Guys...it's mitochondrial energy and heart health on a cellular level..
It's not like it ATP stores or extra oxygenated blood.

Just take as much as you can comfortably afford. It's good for you. And don't skimp with CoQ10(ubiquinone)..get Ubiquinol.

It might be overkill but I take 600mg/day to be on the safe side. I don't think there's any ergogenic effect from it but rather something that works "behind the scenes" to keep the insides healthy.

Guys...it's mitochondrial energy and heart health on a cellular level..
It's not like it ATP stores or extra oxygenated blood.

Just take as much as you can comfortably afford. It's good for you. And don't skimp with CoQ10(ubiquinone)..get Ubiquinol.
So somebody will literally get no edge at all with performance but it will help keep him healthy...not even a guy on 400mg/day might be able to squeak out a rep or two extra a workout kind of advantage?

Had you used that much coconut in the past or since? Coconut oil alone should increase energy levels. It's a rich natural source of MCT's which are good for overall energy levels. MCT's basically go straight to your liver and are rapidly digested and absorbed and used for immediate energy or turned into ketones. Regarding ubiquinol it's a fanstastc health supplement. It won't hurt in regards to long term health and vitality but I have never noticed an immediate increase in energy levels from it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131