over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Novice vs Open Classes

Flex2019

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I'm getting ready to send in my entry fees for a couple of competitions this year, and I'd love to hear from some more experienced competitors about their feelings on competing just in the Open class, vs crossing over and competing in Novice as well. The Atlantic States will be my fourth time on stage, with good placings in my first three competitions. Should I stop competing in Novice? Will crossing over hurt my chances of a good placing in the Open (I know it shouldn't but I'm not sure). Thanks in advance for your input guys.

I'm getting ready to send in my entry fees for a couple of competitions this year, and I'd love to hear from some more experienced competitors about their feelings on competing just in the Open class, vs crossing over and competing in Novice as well. The Atlantic States will be my fourth time on stage, with good placings in my first three competitions. Should I stop competing in Novice? Will crossing over hurt my chances of a good placing in the Open (I know it shouldn't but I'm not sure). Thanks in advance for your input guys.

well the rules to being in novice is that you havnt won an open show yet. So you could do the novice and open in your next show. If your doing shows in your own regional area, then I'd say do both classes. It gives you more stage time, and gives the judges a chance to see ya first before the open competor's. Never know, you could win both classes ...

I thought that you could only compete as a novice once in the NPC after that you have to compete as a junior .??

I thought that you could only compete as a novice once in the NPC after that you have to compete as a junior .??

My understanding is that you can compete in Novice as long as you haven't won an overall.

IMO if you feel like your an open competater then just to the open and let the newer guys win some trophies. unless ur moving up in wieght or doing a much bigger show.

I just did the novice at my first show here at the Metropolitans. i found it amazing that 3/4 of my class had been competing in the same novice class for x2-3 years. To my understanding unless u win a novice tittle or an overall tittle you still can compete novice. I was a little dissapointed though when I lost the Novice overall to a guy whos 40 yrs old and is on his fourth show, and hadnt won anything prior. I have to say that winning my class in the novice def hleped my placings in the open though.

Even though it gives you more stage time and attention, I dont think you should be competing in the novice. Its just my opinion but I wouldnt do it esp bc ur jumping a weight class from last year and the judges are gonna recognize from the gains you made! I think ur gonna do so well bro!! Best of luck. And even if u do the novice, aint nothing wrong w that.

I personly don't think it's fair as their are only to weight classes , I mean around here the novice heavy weights are generally 5'10"-6'+ andgeneraly weigh in the 200lb range
I think it would be a bit demoralizing if I were to be in their line up some 60lbs heavier with alot more experience

After you have done a couple shows I don't feel you are a novice anymore

Honestly after doing novice once, twice maybe, it's time to move on. Just like the other person said, after competing a couple of times, your no longer a novice.

I thought if you completed in an open class you couldn't go back to novice? The only time you could do both is that one time. Guess I'm wrong...

I don't know about other areas, but the Texas novice classes are no joke. Some serious dudes that would do well in any open show and not look out of place on the national level.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws