YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Novolog vs. Novolin R Pre Workout..whats better?

n3mo0101

Registered
Hey guys

I just got a NovoLog flex pen yesterday from a friend because I had always used novolin R as a pre workout insulin.

What protocol should I use to Novolog? I use Novolin about 1.25 hours pre workout because the peak time is 2.5 hours. Novolog's peak time is about 40 minutes. Was it a waste of money to buy this? Is it better? please advise.

You can use either.

You just need to time them differently.

Novolin I'd pin before my preworkout meal about 90 mins before the gym. and enough to cover pre INTRA and post carbs.

Novolog I'd pin right as I was heading out the door to the gym and that would cover INTRA carbs and possibly post training meal but I know guys that pin it pre and post training. Log hits me much harder so I'd have some quick sugars to hit in the car on the way to the gym to.

why not just use Lantus...???

and cover all your bases....???

:cool:

I am using Novalog this way:

-1h00 Eat PreWorkout Meal - 200gr white rice 200 gr chicken breast
-30m pin humalog 6ui
Workout
30gr Maltodextrin + 5gr creatine + 50 gr WPI + bcaas

After training

150 gr white rice, 200gr chicken breast

I swear by the pump and recovery, no fat gain. (Use GH)

why not just use Lantus...???

and cover all your bases....???

:cool:

If I could get it, I would. I was lucky to find the NovoLog from my barber. Maybe he can ask his doctor for Lantus instead and I'll grab that from him.

You can use either.

You just need to time them differently.

Novolin I'd pin before my preworkout meal about 90 mins before the gym. and enough to cover pre INTRA and post carbs.

Novolog I'd pin right as I was heading out the door to the gym and that would cover INTRA carbs and possibly post training meal but I know guys that pin it pre and post training. Log hits me much harder so I'd have some quick sugars to hit in the car on the way to the gym to.

Yeah man I can do 12iu of Novolin R no problem. 12 iu of Novolog would have me going hypo. I feel 5iu of Novolog if its a fresh cracked pen

-30m pin humalog 6ui
Workout

After training

Will try this today. I don't have creatine or BCAA however. I think I'll go buy some BCAA.

Should I do the GH with the slin or with my pre workout meal?

I was thinking of doing 4iu with the slin

Go buy Creatine too, slin will push right into the cells.

The way i use, i shoot GH on the morning so i can have the fat burning effects and my first meal i don't use carbs, neither the second so i am burning fat all morning.

I think it just makes sense to shoot GH with insulin if you are into deep off-season or want to really push your IGF1 levels up, but i don't have experience with a protocol like that. I swear my mine although.

PS: You will love the pumps, endurance and strenght.

why not do log and R....???

50/50 mix.....get the best of both worlds...???

get that PUSH intra....and that BLAST post....???

:st:r-wars

then Lantus in between...!!!!:headbang:

Last edited:
Like with most things bodybuilding guys really do overcomplicate insulin. Although in saying that for pre workout I would say nova/huma-log has the slight edge. Although you have to be much more aware when using novalog as it can fuck you up and fast if you haven't ate the needed carbs. Novolin-r is much more forgiving. So sort out a good intra shake with things like aminos, carbs, glutamine and citrulline malate etc. Use the insulin to shuttle all of those nutrients into the muscle cells. Always have carbs on hand just incase. Start very low with novalog and build up the dose.

Like with most things bodybuilding guys really do overcomplicate insulin. Although in saying that for pre workout I would say nova/huma-log has the slight edge. Although you have to be much more aware when using novalog as it can fuck you up and fast if you haven't ate the needed carbs. Novolin-r is much more forgiving. So sort out a good intra shake with things like aminos, carbs, glutamine and citrulline malate etc. Use the insulin to shuttle all of those nutrients into the muscle cells. Always have carbs on hand just incase. Start very low with novalog and build up the dose.

Elvia, what do you think about the protocol am i using? Not complicated at all.+

-30m pin humalog 6ui
Workout

After training

Elvia, what do you think about the protocol am i using? Not complicated at all.+

If it's working for you then don't change things. Although I would personally add a little healthy fat into your pre workout meal. Even just a spoon of nut butter would suffice.

Again if it's working leave it but I wouldn't be drinking WPI during training and would swop that for a mix of either EAA's and peptopro or EAA's and BCAA's. Maltodextrin is fine but I prefer HBCD's or Vitargo but if you get no stomach distress from that then great. Turns out I am overcomplicating things :D

Do you always feel fine whilst training? Everyone requires different amounts and if my training volume was longer one day I personally would need more than 30g carbs if I had dosed 6iu humalog. Although the whey and bcaa's is enough to prevent you going hypo. That's a great system to use to prevent overdoing the carbs. By utilizing lot's of aminos/protein you prevent possible hypo and of course the chances are of getting fat from protein especially when active are zero. Although for someone like me who uses more carbs than you the same fact I am active (pre workout dosing) minimizes any fat gain too. I should mention I use slin only many times and no hgh as it makes me too tired. If you add hgh into the mix then even better in that regard.

You post workout meals looks fine.

You are not going to get fat with 6iu humalog around training so it makes it easy. Now you could up the dose a little to get the most out of it. Or you could even add a 2nd 6iu dose post workout before your meal. You are more slin sensitive post workout but that meal would cover everything. Sometimes if I was ever using more I would add alittle honey to my chicken (and rice) but that wouldn't be needed with 6iu.

So sure I can over complicate things too but I do believe there are superior forms of protein and carbs to be utilized aorund training. Everyone is different though and if you have a budget the cheapest the best and they can be just as effective. Out of the cheapest carbs I like is dextrose but again at 30g intra you probably won't have issues with most carbs. It's usually when guys start having 50g+ powdered carbs they may notice stomach discomfort with some varieties.

If you ever up your dose then look at adding glutamine into your shake as that is great when using slin. Although the most I would ever dose humalog around training would be about 10iu. Regular slin I would do about 15iu. I have experimented with more but it's not needed. If you ever plan to up the dose adding in a 2nd dose (and not upping 1 dose) would be optimal imo.

why not do log and R....???

50/50 mix.....get the best of both worlds...???

get that PUSH intra....and that BLAST post....???

:st:r-wars

then Lantus in between...!!!!:headbang:

What is the benefit of lantus? I should probaly just do my own research but if its a simple answer then lmk!

What is the benefit of lantus? I should probaly just do my own research but if its a simple answer then lmk!

30 pounds of solid muscle in 1 year and 2 inches extra down below :)

Hey guys

I just got a NovoLog flex pen yesterday from a friend because I had always used novolin R as a pre workout insulin.

What protocol should I use to Novolog? I use Novolin about 1.25 hours pre workout because the peak time is 2.5 hours. Novolog's peak time is about 40 minutes. Was it a waste of money to buy this? Is it better? please advise.

Are you taking some kind of HGH, GHRP, ot GHRH with it? My understanding is that you always want to try and be in a state of equilibrium. When HGH is present insulin is non existent and vice versa. Combining both at the same time yields the best results. Storage and fat burning. BOOM! I've been taking MK677/Huperzine A as my HGH and Novolin R as my insulin source on the days that I train lagging body parts. Benefits: INSANE PUMPS, extreme fullness, and increased stength. Negatives: extemely tired at some points of the day, tired durring training even with Pre workout.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131