advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

npc/ifbb fucked, doomed, done as we know it?

Mainstream media is just using it as clickbait.. trust me, they aren't following this story..

This already was "exposed" last year, the public isn't interested.

Nothing will change

The Manions will keep doing what they have always done because nobody is willing to do anything about it. There isn't another organization that can compare

It's like the fuckin Mafia , sadly it's very much that way down to the state level. Some of the state level NPC chairman are complete dictators

l general public was never watching, waiting for court rulings, supporting etc. We know they dont
some have answered they dont even care about bodybuilding: which is odd being on this board?, but the general public didnt have anything to do with the shows, whether it was last year, last week, last decade!

Unfortunately, for all the people who say they dont like the girls, they dont like physique, they dont like this or that, THOSE DIVISIONS pay the bills. If the girls disappear, the shows can disappear. They pay the bills- Some shows might stay, but I am thinking most will fade and promoters will bail, along with the $.

rephrase the original post?
what about us, the competitors and coaches around the sport and what about this NICHE sport we have; will it be supported, will it thrive, will you guys and girls compete, go watch, travel, fork over money? Will all of this effect your decision making, which in term will impact the sport in the only way it can be effected- attendance $$

If any of y’all think the NPC/IFBB is going anywhere but up you’re smoking crack. Maybe, and a tiny maybe, Manion resigns. But he’s a stubborn fuck with a god complex, so that’s doubtful.

I don’t care what news outlet blasts this and for how long. We are a complacent people and everyone involved makes too much money.

Whatever women are half naked in the gym anyways. They post their ass on the reg.
Might as well in hopes of turning pro or bumping up a few spots. Women love that shit.

When’s the last time you saw a women conduct herself with class and stay covered up. I’ve never seen it. Not once. They hike up there spandex up there ass on purpose.
Thank God. Lol
But with this they try to act snooty even though they put it out there. Every chick with a fat ass that shows it I've been able to hook up with and they all seem to have mental issues. Then I meet my wife big ass but covered it up with a big t-shirt. Has a heart of gold.

Many of the mods and the admin are IFBB/NPC judges and/or pros so no doubt this is a very sensitive subject to them too as a post or two got edited. Seems like talk about the shenanigans behind the scenes in IFBB and NPC will certainly touch some nerves.

This is not to disrespect any of you that compete or judge shows but this going to certainly be a hot topic.

You are fixating on the wrong thing. The only item of note that was exposed was potential tax evasion in the past. That’s the only thing that could damage the organizations.

I and most other male competitors I know have no issues with the Manions and couldn’t care less about sour chicks complaining after the fact.

This might be a good watch, Iron Culture podcast with Desmond Butler, the Washington Post journalist who wrote the article series:

Interesting side note that Desmond's father George was the writer/director/producer of Pumping Iron.

pretty much solidified what I thought was going to happen, basis of my original question
arnold fitness weekend
200 total amateur competitors in columbus this weekend
a total fucking joke
the show the expo, the experience- place was empty. no energy, no excitement, teenage kids walking around with more acne then muscle
there were "influencers" everywhere, and to be honest I dont know who anyone is. dont go on youtube, dont really use IG much, and certainly dont follow any of these people. hell I dont even follow anyone in bodybuilding unless they are my friends
there wasnt a single current competing bodybuilder at a booth being a sponsored athlete except Breon, at some bar company
I saw guy cisternino, but he is @100# from what he used to be. branch warren and johnny jackson were trying to sell clothes, and no one even knew who they were

its fucked

Maybe we should go back to the AAU days and instead of having an evening show just sell popcorn and have a clean and jerk competition or something, lol.

You are fixating on the wrong thing. The only item of note that was exposed was potential tax evasion in the past. That’s the only thing that could damage the organizations.

I and most other male competitors I know have no issues with the Manions and couldn’t care less about sour chicks complaining after the fact.
Bro, rolex uses the same non profit tax evasion shit and no one even talks about that lol

FWIW there are several leagues here in Japan, the most IFBB aligned is the WPC/NPCJ which Hide helped get rolling.
There is a fair share of politics across the leagues as expected, but because no one is truly dominant, the outright exploitation of athletes doesn't happen.
Being Japanese, while they may not exploit you, they are very effective at making you disappear from their sport if so wished.

Of course many athletes are willing to exploit themselves because that's what they learned works, thanks to IG and TikTok.

Maybe we should go back to the AAU days and instead of having an evening show just sell popcorn and have a clean and jerk competition or something, lol.

You forget the light bulb handing from the basketball hoop. (Called stage lighting.)

FWIW there are several leagues here in Japan, the most IFBB aligned is the WPC/NPCJ which Hide helped get rolling.
There is a fair share of politics across the leagues as expected, but because no one is truly dominant, the outright exploitation of athletes doesn't happen.
Being Japanese, while they may not exploit you, they are very effective at making you disappear from their sport if so wished.

Of course many athletes are willing to exploit themselves because that's what they learned works, thanks to IG and TikTok.
The Japanese sure must run a very tight ship with their leagues and are very ruthless and effective.

J.M. Manion did not attend the 2023 Arnold Sports Festival​

J.M. Manion is always a prominent figure at every major event the NPC, and Pro League sanction or organize.

Allegedly, J.M. Manion has a big influence on the organizers, in regards to handing out press passes to photographers.

Prominent photographers have informed Evolutionofbodybuilding.net, that they have allegedly had their press passes revoked at the last minute, just before an event is about to start.

Allegedly, a selected group of photographers and videographers, are given access to the NPC’s and Pro League’s main events.

Everything started going sideways for J.M. Manion at the end of 2022, when it was alleged that he had no access to the Olympia Weekend, in regards to taking photos and video at the event.

With a healthy number of photographers and videographers at the 2022 Olympia Weekend, J.M. Manion’s absence was not felt, as NPC News Online still published all the photos on their website, and social media.

The same could not be said for the 2023 Arnold Sports Festival. J.M. Manion was not present at the event, and very few photographers had official press access to the event.

Sources have also confirmed that when J.M. Manion was informed that he was allegedly banned from attending the event, he was not happy, and allegedly contacted his fellow colleagues, who work with NPC News Online, to not offer their services for the 2023 Arnold Classic.

The consequences of J.M. Manion not attending the event, was that NPC News Online, had absolutely no coverage of the event, possibly the first time ever in its history. Not even NPC/Pro League president Jim Manion, the father of J.M. Manion, could convince the Arnold Sports Festival organizers to change their decision.

At the time of publishing this article, Gilco Productions (Video), and Pro Fitness Photos (Photography), were allegedly the only official press given full access to photograph and record video’s of the event.

J.M. Manion did not attend the 2023 Arnold Sports Festival​

J.M. Manion is always a prominent figure at every major event the NPC, and Pro League sanction or organize.

Allegedly, J.M. Manion has a big influence on the organizers, in regards to handing out press passes to photographers.

Prominent photographers have informed Evolutionofbodybuilding.net, that they have allegedly had their press passes revoked at the last minute, just before an event is about to start.

Allegedly, a selected group of photographers and videographers, are given access to the NPC’s and Pro League’s main events.

Everything started going sideways for J.M. Manion at the end of 2022, when it was alleged that he had no access to the Olympia Weekend, in regards to taking photos and video at the event.

With a healthy number of photographers and videographers at the 2022 Olympia Weekend, J.M. Manion’s absence was not felt, as NPC News Online still published all the photos on their website, and social media.

The same could not be said for the 2023 Arnold Sports Festival. J.M. Manion was not present at the event, and very few photographers had official press access to the event.

Sources have also confirmed that when J.M. Manion was informed that he was allegedly banned from attending the event, he was not happy, and allegedly contacted his fellow colleagues, who work with NPC News Online, to not offer their services for the 2023 Arnold Classic.

The consequences of J.M. Manion not attending the event, was that NPC News Online, had absolutely no coverage of the event, possibly the first time ever in its history. Not even NPC/Pro League president Jim Manion, the father of J.M. Manion, could convince the Arnold Sports Festival organizers to change their decision.

At the time of publishing this article, Gilco Productions (Video), and Pro Fitness Photos (Photography), were allegedly the only official press given full access to photograph and record video’s of the event.
If he can't go he is just going to sink it. That's too bad.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws