over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NPC Physique pro cards

I can see bikini for women, but physique for men to me is just a joke. You can have 18 old HS seniors as pro's then. All the 18 old seniors in HS who are into bodybuilding will be entering physique.

Their going over board with the classes. Why not create a pro midget class as well. No offense to any little people out there.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I like the idea. It brings in more money for the industry and assures us that bodybuilding won't be dead in 10 years. Whatever it takes to keep it going. It's not like Budweiser or Pepsi are banging on the door for sponsership of shows right now, and ESPN and MTV aren't fighting to cover the national shows.

It doesn't bother me a bit if they get pro cards. Still not the same thing as a bodybuilding pro card.

At least now I know when I will be leaving my seat to visit the expo or go get something to drink :)

exactly

I noticed that a lot of people on facebok are bitching about this new "physique" division, calling them wannabe's with chicken legs, pussies, pretty boys, etc...
Yet when you look at the pics of most of the guys making these comments; they would be lucky to even place in a novice show... That's irony for you...

Exactly! lol So funny. What the hell is the big deal. Why are people so threatened?
It promotes the younger guys to have a more natural physique. Instead of the steroid monsters we have today.
What the hell is wrong with that?

Designbuilt Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2
This is called the WANNABE Division
I wannabe a bodybuilder but i cant grow-- so i look pretty and get a pro card

See that? I was starting to get so big and ugly that my mom's gonna slap me next time she sees me... So now I should try to get pretty? What's the deal?

I agree another wannabe division!! :banghead:

Last edited:
Exactly! lol So funny. What the hell is the big deal. Why are people so threatened?
It promotes the younger guys to have a more natural physique. Instead of the steroid monsters we have today.

I have nothing against if they made it fitness were they have to do a routine to judge flexibility, strength, coordination and presentation. That would be pretty cool. They use to have a lot more men's fitness back in the day from what I remember. What happened to it?

To me they should have for women: bodybuilding,(fitness-figure) and bikini.

and for the men: bodybuidling and ( fitness- physique).

Then if they want to add something else bring back couples like they use have.

Last edited:
The only thing I don't agree with is the board shorts. I do not agree guys who never do legs can now get an NPC PYSIQUE PRO CARD, when quads, hammies, etc...won't even be judged as part of the criteria for Men's PHYSIQUE.

Competing or becoming a pro isn't unique or as "special" anymore bec almost anyone can compete...it's diluted...watered down.

They have natty bodybuilding contest for that...

I'm against unless its fitness like in the above post because there are a lot of lazy asses that don't care about health and can enter a physique contest.

I have several buddies that can do this and know many others. They are 5 10-6' 170-190 ripped. They eat pizza, BK and beer almost daily and don't workout really at all. They go to the gym twice a month to check out the women and hit on them and while there do 1 set of curls, bench, and couple sets of crunches.

I fear this new division may eventually become more popular than mens bodybuilding. Can you imagine that someday these guys may have better endorsements and prize money than the big guys? I think that its a real possibility :(

I believe that this new division is all about more money for the show promoters. More entry fees equal more money. I guess it is good for the promotors, but to hand out pro cards for a division that is somewhere between natural bodybuilding and "hardcore" bodybuilding seems ridiculous to me.

I think the NPC would be better off, offering a tested division and non tested divison, like some powerlifting orgs do. Shit, they should be doing this already!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear