advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NPC Women's Physique Division: What do you think?

How do you feel about this new division?

• Great addition

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Bad addition

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Who cares

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

BigTex

Registered
NPC Womens Physique Division Official Criteria:

WOMENS PHYSIQUE

DEFINITION:

WOMEN’S PHYSIQUE DIVISION (HERIN REFERRED TO AS “WP”) HAS BEEN CREATED TO GIVE A PLATFORM FOR WOMEN WHO ENJOY WEIGHT TRAINING, COMPETING, CONTEST PREPERATION. COMPETITORS SHOULD DISPLAY A TONED, ATHLETIC PHYSIQUE SHOWCASING FEMININITY, MUSCLE TONE, BEAUTY/FLOW OF PHYSIQUE.

JUDGING CRITERIA:

WP WILL BE JUDGED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:

* SYMMETRY, SHAPE, PROPORTION, MUSCLE TONE, POISE AND BEAUTY FLOW

*PHYSIQUE ASSESSMENT AND COMPARISON WILL TAKE PLACE DURING PREJUDGING

PHYSIQUE SHOULD DISPLAY ALL OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA WITHOUT COMPROMISING FEMININITY, BEAUTY/FLOW OF PHYSIQUE, ETC.

THE FOLLOWING ARE EXAMPLES OF COMMON TERMS USED IN THE BODYBUILDING INDUSTRY. THESE WORDS CAN BE HELPFUL TO ASSESS WHAT SHOULD NOT BE DESCRIPTIVE TO THE PHYSIQUES BEING JUDGED IN WP:

EX.) RIPPED, SHREDDED, PEELED, STRIATED, DRY, DICED, HARD, VASCULAR, GRAINY, MASSIVE, THICK, DENSE, ETC.

WHILE ALL TYPES OF PHYSIQUES WILL BE CONSIDERED WHEN IT COMES TO HEIGHT, WEIGHT, STRUCTURE, ETC. EXCESSIVE MUSCULARITY SHOULD BE SCORED DOWN ACCORDINGLY.

WP SHOULD BE JUDGED AS A STANDARD BETWEEN WOMEN’S FIGURE AND WOMENS BODYBUILDING.

JUDGING FORMAT:

PREJUDGING

INDIVIDUAL ONE MINUTE ROUTINE WITH 10 SECOND WARNING

QUARTER TURNS

MANDATORY POSING COMPARISONS/ CALLOUTS

FINALS

INDIVIDUAL POSING ROUTINE

AWARDS

Who qualifies for IFBB Professional League status – at Junior USA and Junior Nationals the top two (2) qualify for IFBB Professional League status, at all other National events including Team Universe, USA, IFBB North American and Nationals, the top three (3) will qualify for IFBB Professional League status. The NPC wants to set the standard for 2011 at the Junior Events and therefore only qualifying the top two (2).

RULES

*SUITS WORN BY WP COMPETITORS FOR PREJUDGING MUST BE A TWO PIECE. SUITS DO NOT HAVE TO BE SOLID IN COLOR. THE BOTTOM OF THE SUIT MUST BE V-SHAPED. NO THONGS ARE PERMITTED. COMPETITORS CAN COMPETE IN AN OFF THE RACK SUIT. ALL SUITS MUST BE IN GOOD TASTE.

*MANDATOTY POSES WILL BE PERFORMED WITH OPEN HAND STYLE AND INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING POSES:

FRONT DOUBLE BICEPS/OPEN HANDS (NO FLAT FOOTED FULL FRONT POSE – SOME SORT OF FRONT TWISTING POSE)
BACK DOUBLE BICEPS/OPEN HANDS
SIDE TRICEP WITH LEG EXTENDED
SIDE CHEST WITH ARMS EXTENDED
FRONT AB/THIGH

*FINALS ROUTINE WILL BE MAXIMUM 90 SECONDS IN LENGTH, PERFORMED TO MUSIC OF ATHLETES CHOICE ADHERING TO RULES SET FORTH BY THE NPC.

MUSIC CONTAINING PROFANITY OR EXPLICIT LANGUAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED AND MAY RESULT IN ROUTINE BEING CUT SHORT.

*NO PROPS WILL BE USED.

*NO HEELS MAY BE WORN AT ANY TIME DURING THE COMPETITON/JUDGING OF WP.

i think its good...:D

terrible. too much confusion for figure already. slap in the face for women bodybuilders, (I get all the arguments against it). Bikini is not what it is cracked up to be. I don't see the need for 1 more when 1 is already needed to be removed.
-c

terrible. too much confusion for figure already. slap in the face for women bodybuilders, (I get all the arguments against it). Bikini is not what it is cracked up to be. I don't see the need for 1 more when 1 is already needed to be removed.
-c

Very much agreed.

Ummmm whats the difference between this and bikni?

From what I am reading, it is in between figure and bodybuilding. My guess is that they might be testing the water to see if they can phase out women's BB.

My wife is a former national BB champion and is considering giving this division a try. She is very unsure what they are wanting. She is a heavyweight and very muscular and is afraid she might be too much for this division. She is at the point in her life that she does not want to get much bigger and have to compete at the pro level but certainly doesn't want the figure shape either.

I like the idea a lot, now let's see what it becomes.

I believe the lines between the divisions will be very much blurred. Competitors have long been confused with what the judging criteria is and the actual judging placements. One more division does nothing to clarify things for competitors. Either way it will be interesting to see how competitors and judges respond to the challenge.

Vintagemuscle

From what I am reading, it is in between figure and bodybuilding. My guess is that they might be testing the water to see if they can phase out women's BB.

My wife is a former national BB champion and is considering giving this division a try. She is very unsure what they are wanting. She is a heavyweight and very muscular and is afraid she might be too much for this division. She is at the point in her life that she does not want to get much bigger and have to compete at the pro level but certainly doesn't want the figure shape either.

Hey Big Tex, I would strongly advise your wife give it a try in 2011 there will be 6 national shows all will convert girls to pro status. Then in 2012 this WP division will start to show up at local NPC shows. So, this will be a good year for many ladies to give it a try. Read the standards very closly because that is the starting point for all judging.

If there are any big figure girls that have been told you are just to muscular for figure. Give WP a try.

I have been an npc judge for about 5 years now and I think the npc has seen the fall off in womens bodybuilding and is trying to bring it back some. I know in my district most of the trophies are handed out uncontested. This should make a good division for the girls that are to muscular for figure but don't want to be a woman bodybuilder.

Unfortunately, I am not sure what this means at this point for the women bodybuilders. I know a lot of girls have put a lot of hard work into there bodies. This year will tell the story of whats to come.

I think either way womens bodybuilding was suffering in numbers so they had to do something to try and breath life back into it.

-c

DITTO!!! I don't really get it.

Which current fitness/figure/bikini competitor would win today If they had a contest???????

I like the idea a lot, now let's see what it becomes.

You sure seem to get around. I see you every where I go.:D

Hey Big Tex, I would strongly advise your wife give it a try in 2011 there will be 6 national shows all will convert girls to pro status. Then in 2012 this WP division will start to show up at local NPC shows. So, this will be a good year for many ladies to give it a try. Read the standards very closly because that is the starting point for all judging.

If there are any big figure girls that have been told you are just to muscular for figure. Give WP a try.

I am still a little lost on what exactly they are wanting. My wife is still muscular enough to be very competitive at the national level as a BB. She is at about 7% BF @ 5'8" and 148 lbs right now but definitely far from competitive BF levels. She doesn't know if she is too big for WP but she is definitely too big even for the pro level of figure. As I said, she is not willing to go the extra to be competitive in the pros as some of her friends have done.

Do yo ahve any idea which national shows will have the WP division in 2011? Like my wife just said, all she has to do is put on a posing suit and jump on stage. She either places or is told she is too big.

Last edited:
I think this would work perfectly if they got rid of the other classes. There should be a middleground between the bodybuilding and the bikini and I think thats what theyre going for. I personally find the "female" bodybuilding division to be disgusting. The female BB division completely destroys the beauty of a female physique, I.M.O.

Hopefully, this will b the needed middleground for the sport.

I git around :D I'm on 3 boards, here, there and rx

Lynx won the USA at 5'4" and 128 lbs so your wife is not to big for pro figure. NO one knows yet (especially the ifbb) what WPD will look like.

The first WPD show will be in SC (may or June) too tired to look up the date, and 2 pro cards will be given then.

Lets just have the bodybuilding portion and the swimsuit stuff pretty soon its gona be a swim suit contest and you dont have to workout just show up and be a woman in a bikini and heels.

Not fair have 2 orgnaizations one for hardcore women like Ms Olympia and one for the gymnist and shapely girls. You are taking away money that could have been given to the Prize money of the Top 3 in the 2 main events.

Lets pay more for the Ms Olympia and Top girl in a class like Kelly Ryan Mia Finnagen Monica Brant etc hey I dont watch except Ms Olympia and the other and havent kept up so dont know any new competitors taht stand out. MM:banghead:

I like the idea! look forward to seeing some pics of the first competitors on stage for this class.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ I think that statement speaks volumes.^^^^^^^^^^^^
You want to see pics. Well, that does not support it, which is the argument for womens bodybuilding all together. This is foreshadowing what I believe is to come. Interest to check it out online,Yes, but not at the local shows, and a little bit at the big shows.(not enough for the dollars to come in)
Just think about what is going to happen after mens bb at prejudging. The place empties out anyway. I don't see anything different happening except for more confusion for the girls and placings that make people say wtf.:(
-c

I am still a little lost on what exactly they are wanting. My wife is still muscular enough to be very competitive at the national level as a BB. She is at about 7% BF @ 5'8" and 148 lbs right now but definitely far from competitive BF levels. She doesn't know if she is too big for WP but she is definitely too big even for the pro level of figure. As I said, she is not willing to go the extra to be competitive in the pros as some of her friends have done.

Do yo ahve any idea which national shows will have the WP division in 2011? Like my wife just said, all she has to do is put on a posing suit and jump on stage. She either places or is told she is too big.

Your wife has some height at 5'8". She might be able to shrink a bit and have the "look" for WP. Know one really knows yet. I think the standard will be set in the 6 National shows in 2011. Meaning it will depend 1st as to who all shows up to compete. I do have the list of the 6 shows. I'll look it up tonight for you.

I have been an npc judge for about 5 years now and I think the npc has seen the fall off in womens bodybuilding and is trying to bring it back some. I know in my district most of the trophies are handed out uncontested. This should make a good division for the girls that are to muscular for figure but don't want to be a woman bodybuilder.

Unfortunately, I am not sure what this means at this point for the women bodybuilders. I know a lot of girls have put a lot of hard work into there bodies. This year will tell the story of whats to come.

I think either way womens bodybuilding was suffering in numbers so they had to do something to try and breath life back into it.

You've touched on the key to this new division...womens BB entrants have been so low as of late that organizations /promoters had to come up with a way to restore the interest or to see if there even is any interest.

As for the women that are pros or are knocking on the door, I think this is the start of the "end" of womens BB. These women busted their hump for years trying to bring what the judges were rewarding, i.e., a big muscular physique, and now where do they go...they either retire or have to drop so much muscle mass, who knows what they will look like.

The lines between divisions has already been very blurred. The bikini division was supposed to be for the feminine look...soft lines etc...but if you look at some recent shows and placings, girls with pronounced abs and visible delts are starting to win..so this is starting to move toward figure...and if you look closely at some recent figure winners...they lack the look that was rewarded a few years ago, i.e., the muscled legs, abs and delts..confused yet...imagine if ur a competitor and trying to prep. What the hell do you do?

The first few shows will really set the standards for the WP division..if a real lean muscular build is rewarded, it will slowly creep towards where BB is now but not all the way..IMO.

As for the lady BB who is not yet at the pro level with respect to development, we'll have to wait and see where they fall in WP and if they are punished for being too muscular ....

The whole situation is driven to have more entrants on the womens side and to increase revenues at the shows...bottom line is what counts. It's a business.

Bikini, in my opinion, should be in model search or like contests..there are no set or prescribed poses and it started out with a body that was not supposed to be athletic looking...the figure, fitness, WP (and BB if it stays but it probably is on way out) should be included in with the "athletic group" in totally different shows...what does NPC or IFBB stand for....physique, bodybuilding are words that are in these titles...bikini does not fall under this criteria.

The lines are blurred and we all have to wait and see what happens...the judges will determine the parameters and we'll see if it stays consistent from show to show and in different regions...I'm gonna bet it doesn't have any consistency

Here are the National Shows for 2011 that all girls wanting to try WP can go straight to.
Junior USA & Jr. Nationals top 2 placing qualify for pro status.
Team U, USA, NorthAm & Nationals top 3 placing qualify for pro status.

2011 is the year to break into the sport. Just might mean a pro card and you would be part of setting the NEW standard for a new sport.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws