over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nutrient timing

personally i prefer more liquid meals pwo . they digest quicker , thats what you want pwo as glycogen replenishes at much faster rates than compared to a few hours later . yes, i know , these are very tiny details and probably don't even make much of a difference for most but i though i throw this out here because this thread is about nutrient timing........

and i am sure that MassiveG agrees with me on the liquid meals pwo

wake

True but a pre-wo meal of solid high carbs and protein can keep insulin and plasma nutrient levels elevated for at least 5 hours. So unless youre going ot be lifting for 5hrs+, theres no need to worry about so much detail.

Additionaly, 6g of essential amino acids + 35g of sucrose taken immediately before a 45-50min session will keep insulin elevated 4 times above fasting levels 1 hour post-wo. So again, while what you say is true, there is no magic about PWO food.

Basically if you eat something a few hours before or during the workout (the latter would be better off as a drink) then the PWO glycogen replenishment will be unnecessary unless youre going to do multiple glycogen depleting events in a single day. Obviously, this will change if youre going to use insulin and stuff like that.

I like Phils approach: eat when youre hungry.

True but a pre-wo meal of solid high carbs and protein can keep insulin and plasma nutrient levels elevated for at least 5 hours. So unless youre going ot be lifting for 5hrs+, theres no need to worry about so much detail.

you are probably right but i didn't even touch pre wo meal .ya know ....

...........................................................................................

Basically if you eat something a few hours before or during the workout (the latter would be better off as a drink) then the PWO glycogen replenishment will be unnecessary unless youre going to do multiple glycogen depleting events in a single day. Obviously, this will change if youre going to use insulin and stuff like that.

like i said , all this science detail stuff is for most not necessary at all, but as this thread is about nutrient timing then why not touch the details , right !?
if you have carbohydrates during your workout it could increase glycogen replenishment at faster rates at pwo and it also will help to keep blood glucose levels more stable throughout the session

I like Phils approach: eat when youre hungry.

wake

Recently, I have gotten rid of all pre/post workout powders...nothing except creatine mono and bcaa. Noticed no difference at all, getting stronger every week and I'm drier and harder than when takeing wms, nitrous oxide supps, pre-workout mixes etc.... i do use lba's b4 and after along with humanofort. REst of day is centered around balanced whole food meals

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws