over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nutrition and training books and reading material

It wasn't bad. Do you have them?
Not either of those. I’ll be buying one soon as I’ll be starting it in about a month. After this run with really giving a Meadows routine a shot and learning when to pull back and doing as written I’m hooked. At 36 with bad shoulders, back, and knees I’ve never trained harder or had my injured parts feel better. The price on his programs aren’t cheap but to me they’re worth every penny.
On the latest Blood Sweat and Gear podcast I heard the quote Dante makes mass monsters and Meadows fixes them lol

Not either of those. I’ll be buying one soon as I’ll be starting it in about a month. After this run with really giving a Meadows routine a shot and learning when to pull back and doing as written I’m hooked. At 36 with bad shoulders, back, and knees I’ve never trained harder or had my injured parts feel better. The price on his programs aren’t cheap but to me they’re worth every penny.
On the latest Blood Sweat and Gear podcast I heard the quote Dante makes mass monsters and Meadows fixes them lol
I buy his programs when he runs a special on them and save them until I can run them

You learn alot from troponin nutrition or is it basic knowledge?

I personally think I did. The Macronutrient Guidebook outlines how to carb cycle while the VLCD book shows you how to setup, as Matt Porter would put it, bro keto (higher protein, bodybuilder keto). Each book is a short and sweet 30-page PDF in the same format:

- Basic info and why
- Recommended macro breakdowns relative to bodyweight
- Sample meal plans to see how it looks
- Macro content of common foods
- Shopping list of the best foods to eat during the diet

Both books are over ten years old and I still think the information is solid. The only thing that has kind of changed is the general opinion on refeeds/cheats. The VLCD book gives an actual formula that keeps it conservative whereas it seems today everyone has their own method and they all still work (Skiploading, cheat meal, cheat day etc)

I personally think I did. The Macronutrient Guidebook outlines how to carb cycle while the VLCD book shows you how to setup, as Matt Porter would put it, bro keto (higher protein, bodybuilder keto). Each book is a short and sweet 30-page PDF in the same format:

- Basic info and why
- Recommended macro breakdowns relative to bodyweight
- Sample meal plans to see how it looks
- Macro content of common foods
- Shopping list of the best foods to eat during the diet

Both books are over ten years old and I still think the information is solid. The only thing that has kind of changed is the general opinion on refeeds/cheats. The VLCD book gives an actual formula that keeps it conservative whereas it seems today everyone has their own method and they all still work (Skiploading, cheat meal, cheat day etc)
I’ll have to check those out. The Chris Aceto everything you need to know about fatloss is very old but it’s still very relevant. I like his basic carb cycling where 50/50 where you drop your carbs by 50% for 3-5 days and increase them by 150% on the high day.

The two best books I've read on bodybuilding:

Blood and Guts by Dorian Yates (out of print, I'd love to find a pdf)
Heavy Duty by Mike Menzer (can be found online free in pdf form)

There are a lot of other books people have already mentioned that I like, especially Championship Nutrition by Aceto.

There are a lot of other books people have already mentioned that I like, especially Championship Nutrition by Aceto.

Two books I started with. I no longer have my copies, I'm sure they're pricey as hell by now. I ordered a copy signed straight from Dorian back in the day lol Kills me I don't still have it

Mike was bugshit cray cray but an incredibly smart guy who presented a lot of new theories that kinda turned training conventional methods upside down

One of the things I like about Aceto’s books is he doesn’t get overly technical or scientific. It’s all very straightforward and easy to apply. Seems like a lot the stuff written by people now is they try to make it sound as complex as possible and not exactly user friendly for the average person. I don’t need a thousand studies, scientific or medical jargon.

One of the things I like about Aceto’s books is he doesn’t get overly technical or scientific. It’s all very straightforward and easy to apply. Seems like a lot the stuff written by people now is they try to make it sound as complex as possible and not exactly user friendly for the average person. I don’t need a thousand studies, scientific or medical jargon.

Genuinely intelligent people don't try to baffle you with bullshit

Two books I started with. I no longer have my copies, I'm sure they're pricey as hell by now. I ordered a copy signed straight from Dorian back in the day lol Kills me I don't still have it

Mike was bugshit cray cray but an incredibly smart guy who presented a lot of new theories that kinda turned training conventional methods upside down
I've lost my copy of Dorian's book also, I studied every inch of it though.

Menzer is important because he gives another point of view to the dogmatic way bodybuilders train without realizing it, I wouldn't say his earlier stuff is crazy at all.

I've lost my copy of Dorian's book also, I studied every inch of it though.

Menzer is important because he gives another point of view to the dogmatic way bodybuilders train without realizing it, I wouldn't say his earlier stuff is crazy at all.

Exactly, I give Mentzer credit for introducing a new way of thinking, especially in a time when low volume was total anathema to what EVERYONE else was doing

From Arthur Jones came Mentzer, then Dorian, and I honestly put @DOGGCRAPP up there in terms of influence when it came to changing at least some folks perspective on training frequency and volume

Oh what I'd give for DC's old newsletters...................

Oh what I'd give for DC's old newsletters...................
I have a ton of dc stuff saved like cycling for pennies and a bunch of stuff from IM, but I’ve never gotten the opportunity to read his hardcore newsletter. I’d love to

I really got into the BBing culture and really heavily into nutrition after reading Lyle McDonald's stuff when I was like 20.
I read that and I was on a sponge and lived at IntenseMuscle just lurking and reading. But i highly recommend anything by him.

Aceto's is a classic and i just read through it every couple years just for fun.
Dr Scott's BYOBC is a valuable resource as well. I've read that cover to cover a couple times. TONS of good info in there.

I have a ton of dc stuff saved like cycling for pennies and a bunch of stuff from IM, but I’ve never gotten the opportunity to read his hardcore newsletter. I’d love to
Same here.

I really got into the BBing culture and really heavily into nutrition after reading Lyle McDonald's stuff when I was like 20.
I read that and I was on a sponge and lived at IntenseMuscle just lurking and reading. But i highly recommend anything by him.

Aceto's is a classic and i just read through it every couple years just for fun.
Dr Scott's BYOBC is a valuable resource as well. I've read that cover to cover a couple times. TONS of good info in there.
BYOBC is filled with information. I’ve had it for a while and still haven’t finished it. Everytime I start I find myself rereading parts multiple times. Scott is a plethora of knowledge but sometimes his information goes over my head on the first read. I’ve got the Virgin Voyage and Fortitude Training as well but I’ve never gotten around to trying it.

Hey man, would you like to share the dc stuff and the stuff from IM as you mentioned? I'll send you my email. Thanks.

This is an old interview with Dante I have book marked. That you might like
The old Ron Harris vs Dante. Best way to get introduced to DC!!. Been through this one in old times. Thankyou for sharing though bud. Would love it if you could share more.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws