advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T. Any guys here in the offshore career field?

cmp007

Registered
So I'm getting my stuff together and goin offshore. Just can't turn down that kind of money anymore. Main thing on my mind is leaving my little one which will suck but next is diet and exercise. Shooting for just a 2 week on 2 week off schedule don't want to be gone longer than that. But was curious if there was anyone here that worked off shore and how you worked diet and exercise in? I was thinking hit gym hard 2 weeks your home then maybe take some dumbbells on the rig or just push ups and little body weighted stuff for the other 2 weeks and have to do half ass workouts to keep up. And why would y'all's suggestion be in gear use with 2 weeks on and off the gym? Gonna suck not having everyday available for a gym but like I said can't turn down the money anymore. That financial stability is too nice.

I have a cousin who does it and from what he says working out will be the last thing on your mind after a workday. He works in the oil fields over in the Middle east. He works 30 days and off 30 days. Making the big bucks over there.

Bigger rigs have gyms. If not I would take a set of adjustable dumbbells and you can always find somewhere to dip and chin.

I do it and its not easy. 3 weeks on 3 weeks off on 3 off.....you eat what you can and exercise when ever possible......

I can honestly say though, I came to the realization I can never live up to my full potential because without weights there's only so much you can do.....

I suggest a routine like Phil hernons new routine for when you are home to make the most of your time.....also, invest in a Power pushup from Lifeline USA

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have been in the oilfield for 8 years, fortunately I supervise and have my own living quarters on location, and gyms are only 20-30 mins drive away. Yes after 12 hours of a high tension stressful workday, usually the gym is the last place you want to go. Unfortunately for offshore, you limited to how much weight you can bring on board the chopper that commutes you to the jack-up, platform, drill ship, whatever have you, for work. I think a bench and adjustable dumbells would be a big negative getting onto the heli.

Im in the oil fields but on on land in signal hill in long beach ive never missed a day at the gym because of it either ill halfass the job before i miss it haha and i dont let anyone walk allover me or use me because i. The biggrst guy out there

Im in the oil fields but on on land in signal hill in long beach ive never missed a day at the gym because of it either ill halfass the job before i miss it haha and i dont let anyone walk allover me or use me because i. The biggrst guy out there

HAHA bet your driller loves you, your milking it at work, so you can get your swole on after your tower, I'd run your ass off.............

Perks of having my family been woth the same company since they started. Not what u know its who you know

I've never worked offshore but I've worked in remote locations. On my days on basically the company owned me and it wasn't uncommon to put in 12-16 hour days. Everyones out there away from their families to get the job done yesterday so there isn't time for anything else. When I was home I'd get into a routine but I usually just wanted to relax and hang out with my family and friends. Most of the offshore guys I know work 4 weeks on 4 weeks off. According to them the food is great. I know I could get fat easy on camp food.

Oh look into a test400 blend of testosterone cypionate and testosterone decanoate. If I had to go without a shot for a while the test deca goes a long way. Check out google scholar TRT articles.

Thanks for all the replies. Yea the 12 hour days aren't a problem for me now. Summer I work 12 in the heat gym before and take care of the baby after. I was just curious how y'all did the gym thing being off shore. If I could bring a couple adjustable weights and chin ups and dips think that would be sufficient. Definitely dont see me growing all natural with that but at least maintain. Just gotta get all my paperwork done for my mmd and start making some money now. Unless any of y'all run out of the gulf coast and wanna hook a brother up with a job lol

I work on rigs in the north sea and all the rigs I have been to have gyms, decent ones some of them.

I just teamed up with Phil Hernon and I manage to perform his new routine and follow he´s diet pretty well. I think the worst thing is all the temptations out here, cake, ice cream and generally loads of shitty food. But if you are stubborn it´s doable to eat clean and follow a strict diet 90%

Bringing your own equipment are not going to be easy because you are limited by weight for the chopper. But bringing supps and so on are quite easy.

Where there is a will there is a way!

I work for a service company so the thing called work, it not something we do a lot out here, been on this rig for 20 days and worked 15 hours, so it´s not like I can find any excuses for not hitting the gym :p

Not offshore but similar lifestyle and roster. Done 26/9, 2/1, 3/1, 1/1, few day stints here and there. After a 12 hour shift, 14 with travel, shower, brekkie, packing lunches etc and eating, I manage an hour workout or most days. Back to 10's and life is a lot easier to manage, smashing down a solid 6 meals a day, two of which are dinners. Some days you just cbf'd but you push through it most the time, especially if you've got decent gym equipment.

I remember a thread from a while back where a guy worked off shore, he used one of those band things that attaches to your door and he was still pretty damn big. I think that you could get a good workout from that and with a pull up bar and push ups.

Awesome thanks for all the input. I don't believe Ill be on a chopper. More like boat the the rig or something along those lines. But more than likely ill see how life is out there and hire a Trainer here to get best results

you can get a pretty good workout with a TRX and it weighs about one pound. Not a true bodybuilder workout but not bad either.

Awesome thanks for all the input. I don't believe Ill be on a chopper. More like boat the the rig or something along those lines. But more than likely ill see how life is out there and hire a Trainer here to get best results

Boat is old school, I doubt they use that in many fields anymore. We have the chance to refuse the boat, because of the crane lift up to the rigs. We somethings get´s i offered if the weather are to bad for the choppers to land, but most people refuse and just get bumped to the day after.

Boat is old school, I doubt they use that in many fields anymore. We have the chance to refuse the boat, because of the crane lift up to the rigs. We somethings get´s i offered if the weather are to bad for the choppers to land, but most people refuse and just get bumped to the day after.

Ahh ok. I know the handful of friends I have that work offshore all get on boats in LA and head out to the rig

For diet, I would get cool with the chef/cook if offshore. Normally breakfast you can eat decent, it's the other meals or 'fried food' days that are the struggle. Once you make friends with the cook, I explain what I would like to see at a minimal on the food line, doesn't guarantee it but sometimes he will help you.

For working out, creativity is key. I have had it where there were only 2 30lb dumbells and relied heavily on creating workouts using body weight or items laying around the rig. Anything is better than nothing.

When I am on land rigs, my only fight is normally distance to grocer and gym.

For diet, I would get cool with the chef/cook if offshore. Normally breakfast you can eat decent, it's the other meals or 'fried food' days that are the struggle. Once you make friends with the cook, I explain what I would like to see at a minimal on the food line, doesn't guarantee it but sometimes he will help you.

For working out, creativity is key. I have had it where there were only 2 30lb dumbells and relied heavily on creating workouts using body weight or items laying around the rig. Anything is better than nothing.

When I am on land rigs, my only fight is normally distance to grocer and gym.

I cook offshore. We have a healthy choice option every day. And there is a choice between 3 different proteins each meal. Most rigs have gyms.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member